Join the GTP Assetto Corsa Racers Steam Group!

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 39 comments
@kcheeb: The group is public so no invite is needed to join. All the info needed to join is in the OP. đź‘Ť

@FuzzyFassbender: It was taken down for lack of interest.

I think making the server a weekly thing will increase participation. The good thing is anyone with a good connection can host a server, so if we ensure there's a server up each weekend we'll surely find some GTPers to race with throughout the day. :)

Anyone know how much of a computer is needed for an AC multiplayer server? CPU, RAM, GPU, and bandwidth? I have a server I was using for testing - was enough for VMWare vSphere running an MS Exchange server, file/print services, and as a domain controller.

I wouldn't think you'd need such a beastly computer unless you'd plan on hosting a server for 30+ cars.

Speaking of which, anyone planning to host a server this weekend? Right now would be a good time to announce to increase the odds of participation.

Truth be told I haven't jumped online because of my pathological fear of epic first turn wrecks in public servers. Within a proper GTP environment that would be a different story though. :D

Hm... haven't been any posts here in a while.

Anyways, I just got Assetto Corsa so I'll be joining this group. :D

As I type this I'm preparing a secondary computer to run as an AC server. I hope to have it up and running in the next day or two.

I see there has been a few attempts to get some racing going on around here without much success. I hope to change that.

Wiz
As I type this I'm preparing a secondary computer to run as an AC server. I hope to have it up and running in the next day or two.

I see there has been a few attempts to get some racing going on around here without much success. I hope to change that.
I like your timezone!

Me too!

Please keep us informed, Wiz. Unfortunately the MP momentum seems to have dwindled and it's becoming harder to find a decent server to race online nowadays (not that it was easy before).

Server is up and running. Tested it today with a couple friends of mine and everything seems to be working ok. Pings were ok but not great. We only had time for 2 races and the average ping we saw was between 60 and 100.

Still need to work out a few kinks but should be ready for primetime very soon.

More to come...

I know it's kind of short notice but I'm hoping to put a little stress on my server tonight at 8pm Eastern.

I'll do a 15 minute booking window starting at 8:00, followed by 10 minutes for practice. Then run a quick 10 lap race starting at 8:25

Car will be BMW Z4 GT3 running at Imola.

Would anyone here be able to do this? If so, please PM me and I'll send you the server name and password.

This is just for testing purposes. If all goes well, I'll start to gather some input from you guys (what days & times work best, etc.) and hopefully we will be able to start doing some racing soon. :)

Thanks.

Latest Posts

Back