jonjwlee: photo gallery | Thirteen: Cobwebs Brushed.

• Thread starter jonjwlee
  • 64 comments
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
jonjwlee
GalleryBanner.jpg

Welcome to my gallery.

Last edited:

SET 1: TOYOTA 86 GT '12 | NÜRBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE

Finally, the new hachi-roku is upon us, and now all of us with GT5 can enjoy the sports car purpose-built for driver enjoyment. Update 2.02 also marks the return of lighting effects in Photomode, as well as much-improved shadows and smoke effects. With that, I fired up the PS3, updated GT5 and took Toyota's new golden boy to the Green Hell.

COMPETITION ENTRIES THIS WEEK

The Photomode Competition 56: Honda vs. Volkswagen
Honda CR-Z, Suzuka Circuit

2.0 Advanced Competition 56: Road As Art
Audi R8 4.2 FSI, Top Gear Test Track

C.C.C.L. Competition 41: Finest Driving Machine
McLaren F1, Circuit de la Sarthe 2009​

Last edited:
Just fantastic. Great editing, terrific lighting. *Runs away and adds them all to his favorites*

The pictures you've been entering into the competitions has had an incredibly high level of quality. And these are nothing short of that, I'm really looking forward to seeing more.
But from these first pictures can I say that it looks to be one of my favorite galleries right now. :drool:👍

Just fantastic. Great editing, terrific lighting. *Runs away and adds them all to his favorites*

The pictures you've been entering into the competitions has had an incredibly high level of quality. And these are nothing short of that, I'm really looking forward to seeing more.
But from these first pictures can I say that it looks to be one of my favorite galleries right now. :drool:👍

Wow, thanks Fishy! Seriously, those comments mean a lot. 👍

Fantastic ! :drool:

Thanks! 👍

Now, without further ado:

SET 2: TIME TRIAL CHALLENGE
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 | Eifel Circuit 105A

It's been a while since I earned some real money in GT5 and my credit reserves have dropped below the million mark. So I finally hit the track competitively for the first time by participating in the game's Academy-inspired Time Trial Challenge (yes, an old Seasonal Event, but, you know, better late than never), using a GT-R SpecV finished in gorgeous Ultimate Black Opal.

Time: 1:39.922

Last edited:
ugh so jealous. You got pics with fire. I tried for like an hour, but can't seem to press pause at the right time ever. Nice shots. Do you use lightroom to edit?

First page is filled with insanely great pictures already!!!!!:drool:

Cant wait to see the next 10 to 20 pages! :D

Awesome GT-R shots :drool::drool:

Thanks! The one coming up is also of a GT-R... :D 👍

ugh so jealous. You got pics with fire. I tried for like an hour, but can't seem to press pause at the right time ever. Nice shots. Do you use lightroom to edit?

Yeah, it's very, very difficult. What I found helped the most was the rewind feature (not the best rewind feature in games but hey, who am I to complain?). From there, it's just a matter of hitting pause repeatedly until I managed to capture the flames.

Thanks, by the way. I use Photoshop to edit them. 👍

First page is filled with insanely great pictures already!!!!!:drool:

Cant wait to see the next 10 to 20 pages! :D

Wow, thank you! I'll try not to disappoint... :P

Great start to a gallery! I love the tones and lighting in your pics.

Thanks man! 👍

SET 3: TIME TRIAL CHALLENGE PRIZE CAR
Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Special)

The previous challenge gave me, in addition to an enormous stack of credits for getting gold, a special GT-R SpecV originally given to European GT Academy entrants.

Awesome. Every single shot, nothing to complain at here. 👍
My favorite has to be the first one.

Really nice stuff going on up in here.

Only suggestion is perhaps less shots with very similar angles and compositions? (eg some of the spev V time trial challenge set)

Awesome. Every single shot, nothing to complain at here. 👍
My favorite has to be the first one.

Gosh, thank you! :bowdown:

Really nice stuff going on up in here.

Only suggestion is perhaps less shots with very similar angles and compositions? (eg some of the spev V time trial challenge set)

Why, thanks!

Yeah, I should cut down on them. I've always been thinking that there are far too many pictures per update, so now I know. 👍

Just started? This nis one of the finest gallery's around

Such high praise, thanks! 👍

I've actually had the game for over a year and have been participating in countless Photo Mode competitions and it's only now that I've got around to making a gallery. Silly me. :D

Superb shots!

Thank you! :D

SET 4: COMPETITION REJECTS, EXTRAS AND ENTRIES

Alright, time for a little update, in time for the weekly competitions. First up are the rejects for the CCCL competition, featuring a 512 BB on the beautiful Eiger Nordward Short Track. This is actually a tiny bit special for me, as I used to have a BB die-cast model as a kid (a 365 GT4, not the 512) in almost exactly the same colour.

And, of course, the ubiquitous tunnel shot:

Eventually I settled against that picture because it's such a well-trodden path -- this week's competition already features a smattering of Eiger tunnel shots. Admittedly though, that's partly because GT5 renders cars in tunnels remarkably well...

And here's a 2.0-style edit of my PMC entry, plus one of a reject. Sorry that I've been using the 86 a fair bit, but I would've easily gone for the Scirocco if I had the means (due to a lack of foresight, I've been playing my US copy of GT5 on my Malaysian account and Kazunori Yamauchi has already stated that there's no DLC support for region-crossing).

And now, for 2.0...

Er, sorry, but I might not be entering the 2.0 Advanced competition, because I suddenly found myself this week with not one RUF in my garage, and time is running out. :(

The Photomode Competition 57: The Newcomers
Toyota 86 GT, Special Stage Route 7.

C.C.C.L. Competition 42: Alpine Drive
Ferrari 512 BB, Eiger Nordwand Short Track

P.S. I still haven't really decided on my CCCL entry, so if anyone thinks one of the rejects should be used instead, please let me know! 👍​

Last edited:
Just faaaaaaaaaaantastic. :drool:

The B12BB shots are fantastic, every single one.

...And especially the tunnel shot. :P The second edited GT86 shot is great as well, can't complain at anything there. And your CCCL entry is great as well, I myself would perhaps have chosen the the tunnel shot, but then again is there the reasons you yourself mentioned, soo... I'd pick the one you chose. Can't wait for more updates, one of the best galleries around. 👍

Just faaaaaaaaaaantastic. :drool:

The B12BB shots are fantastic, every single one.

...And especially the tunnel shot. :P The second edited GT86 shot is great as well, can't complain at anything there. And your CCCL entry is great as well, I myself would perhaps have chosen the the tunnel shot, but then again is there the reasons you yourself mentioned, soo... I'd pick the one you chose. Can't wait for more updates, one of the best galleries around. 👍

Well, looks like your instincts were better... :P

Thanks, man! 👍

Fantastic shots jonjwlee, brilliant first page to your gallery 👍

Keep 'em coming

Thank you so much, and yes, more updates coming!

Sorry for the silence, what with the small issue of daily life and all that, but here goes:

SET 5: FULL SPEED AHEAD
Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 | Special Stage Route X

Okay, I'm a bit of a cheat, I haven't actually bought the DLC (I will try getting it soon, though). But I was really itching for a run and a photo shoot at the new track, so I joined an online race and strapped myself up in a Ferrari Enzo. I was then pitted against, you guessed it, a smattering of Red Bull X-cars and Bugatti Veyrons. Cue the inevitable comprehensive stuffing.

This gross power difference did, however, give me the unforeseen-but-really-quite-expected bonus of a clear track, perfect for a photo shoot with the technical beauty that is the Enzo.

The Photomode Competition 60: In vs Ex
Pagani Zonda R.

2.0 Advanced Competition 60: GT's
Ford GT, Mt. Aso.

C.C.C.L. Competition 45: A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
BMW M5, Special Stage Route 7.​

Great shots, every single one. :drool:

But wow, man. The ones of the Enzo are fantastic, every damn one. The editing, angles, lighting, everything. You really earn my self-invented title of best and most consistent GT5 "photographer". I really can't believe what it is that makes me think so highly (relatively) similar images. Kudos, hats off. :bowdown:

Absolutely beautiful shots of the Enzo, favourites have to be #5 and #6, although my favourite aout of everything is your 2.0 entry.. :drool:👍

Great shots, every single one. :drool:

But wow, man. The ones of the Enzo are fantastic, every damn one. The editing, angles, lighting, everything. You really earn my self-invented title of best and most consistent GT5 "photographer". I really can't believe what it is that makes me think so highly (relatively) similar images. Kudos, hats off. :bowdown:

Compliments like these aren't to be taken lightly. Really, thank you. I hope my future output is deserving of your kind words. :bowdown:

Absolutely beautiful shots of the Enzo, favourites have to be #5 and #6, although my favourite out of everything is your 2.0 entry.. :drool:👍

Thank you so much! 👍

Stunning gallery. :drool:👍

Absolutly stunning stuff here! :drool:

Very beautiful shots :drool:

Thanks, guys! :D

Fantastic set man !
Congrats on your 2.0 comp
Looking forward for your future entries !

Thanks!

The 2.0 win was, like I've said before, a real surprise, considering the quality of work presented in the poll. Really, really happy with the result.

Hope you'll continue to enjoy my work! 👍

Really sorry I've been taking so long to come up with an update; as usual, I blame the real life. But don't despair, for I have returned bearing gifts:

SIX: ADVANTAGE BRITAIN
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10

Finally, I've gotten round to procuring most of the DLCs, which, among others, gave me the prime reason for getting the packs in the first place: Aston Martin's superb V12 Vantage. Since grey is pretty much my favourite colour (if it actually is a colour), I bought another one in Quantum Silver and took it for a spin.

More images are in the pipeline. Stay tuned.​

Back