JP players really are the masters at drifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skygrasper550

Back and forth between gaming and Gunpla
Premium
Philippines
Philippines
skygrasper_550--
One night I decided to mess around random lobbies to test some of my cars. At that moment there weren't much US servers so I look for other ones. I decided to join a Japanese drift lobby to pit myself and my cars against "the best in the business" :D there were 3 JP players inside when I joined, all 3 of them chatting in Japanese of course. I decided to roll out and wait for one of them to also come out and do some tandems. No questions asked, my tandem partner there was amazing chasing me around Autumn Ring. After a few laps around, I fumbled a bit for I misjudged my 90-degree entry into the track's loop corner. Both my rear tires went off to the grass, but I didn't spin out yet; my car was still sideways and the front tires were still on the pavement. So I tried my best to not make the car spin out and get the rear tires back on track while keeping the car drifting around the loop. I did manage so; I made it out of the loop corner still drifting and all 4 tires in the pavement, and I kept drifting with my JP tandem partner for a few more laps. But that moment, after I cleared that loop, the other 2 JP players said in the chat box "good job!" and "cool". I was really surprised to see those two commenting about me recovering from my mistake. They've been chatting in the room using Japanese characters, but when I saw those English words, I knew they were pointing out at me.

That just goes to show you one fact: Japanese players are the ones who really understand and appreciate the nature, the essence of drifting. It's not about throwing your car sideways as fast as you can around a corner or track. It's not about speed, or line, or angle. It's not about hitting all the clipping points and making your car sideways from corner entry to corner exit. Drifting, in its purest essence, in its simplest form, is all about car control. It's about keeping your car in check when it seems that it's about to let go, but it wouldn't, because you know you can still keep it going sideways.

Haven't drifted with Japenese people yet but I'm looking forward to drifting with one. I just usually drift in private lobby with AUS/NZ people in it.

Haven't drifted with Japenese people yet but I'm looking forward to drifting with one. I just usually drift in private lobby with AUS/NZ people in it.

They're amazing, I tell you. They really know their stuff; if you want to have a drift session wherein you can be sure there isn't any kind of crap going to happen and that you just want to drift and tandem your heart out, join a JP drift lobby. 👍

=drifting24/7=
One night I decided to mess around random lobbies to test some of my cars. At that moment there weren't much US servers so I look for other ones. I decided to join a Japanese drift lobby to pit myself and my cars against "the best in the business" :D there were 3 JP players inside when I joined, all 3 of them chatting in Japanese of course. I decided to roll out and wait for one of them to also come out and do some tandems. No questions asked, my tandem partner there was amazing chasing me around Autumn Ring. After a few laps around, I fumbled a bit for I misjudged my 90-degree entry into the track's loop corner. Both my rear tires went off to the grass, but I didn't spin out yet; my car was still sideways and the front tires were still on the pavement. So I tried my best to not make the car spin out and get the rear tires back on track while keeping the car drifting around the loop. I did manage so; I made it out of the loop corner still drifting and all 4 tires in the pavement, and I kept drifting with my JP tandem partner for a few more laps. But that moment, after I cleared that loop, the other 2 JP players said in the chat box "good job!" and "cool". I was really surprised to see those two commenting about me recovering from my mistake. They've been chatting in the room using Japanese characters, but when I saw those English words, I knew they were pointing out at me.

That just goes to show you one fact: Japanese players are the ones who really understand and appreciate the nature, the essence of drifting. It's not about throwing your car sideways as fast as you can around a corner or track. It's not about speed, or line, or angle. It's not about hitting all the clipping points and making your car sideways from corner entry to corner exit. Drifting, in its purest essence, in its simplest form, is all about car control. It's about keeping your car in check when it seems that it's about to let go, but it wouldn't, because you know you can still keep it going sideways.

I have experienced this too. Most of the Japanese lobbies I go into they only cars about the art of drifting (which is exactly why I love drifting). They really do care about the true meaning to drifting which as you stated is what it is the art/essence of the car sliding/controlling it as in the car and you are one and you feel it.

It's a culture thing, Japanese people are very respective of others and are very courteous. Mix that with mad drift skills and you have an excellent drifter

The few Japanese players who frequent N/A rooms online also tend to be the types who take the game more seriously.

But if you need to support the prowess of JP players, look no further than the Kaidoracers and the Pink Twinz.

The few Japanese players who frequent N/A rooms online also tend to be the types who take the game more seriously.

But if you need to support the prowess of JP players, look no further than the Kaidoracers and the Pink Twinz.

support PinkTwinz? You don't need to remind me of that ;) If there's one thing me and Yumi agree on, it's that drifting is an art form. 👍

Don't believe I've ever been in the same lobby or lounge as you but I get this nearly every time I go on with some guys from this very forum. It's all about finding the right people, not just japanese people.

Yumi is a frickin BOSS at GT5 drifting. I was in one of her lobbies and she drifted a FF Integra RM around Suzuka!

Yumi is a frickin BOSS at GT5 drifting. I was in one of her lobbies and she drifted a FF Integra RM around Suzuka!

LOL that would be the hacked Integra DC5, converted to RWD :lol: I have one as well :D That RWD DC5 is not RM'ed BTW.

LOL that would be the hacked Integra DC5, converted to RWD :lol: I have one as well :D That RWD DC5 is not RM'ed BTW.

No. This was LONG before any of the hybrids started popping up. It was sometime last year, maybe 6 months ago or more. It was clearly still an FF car.

No. This was LONG before any of the hybrids started popping up. It was sometime last year, maybe 6 months ago or more. It was clearly still an FF car.

oh I see. FF drifting is not that hard to do, just hold the handbrake while mashing the throttle and your car would "drift" around corners. Tried it a few times with my Spoon EK9, it's crazy fun if you just wanna mess around :D:lol:

There's good and bad in everything, but from what I've seen of japanese culture, what Lock2Lock said seems to shine through. A complete and utter respect for everything. Us Western folk are bastards XD

Not drifted with any Japanese lads for a year at least, but will make note to.

oh I see. FF drifting is not that hard to do, just hold the handbrake while mashing the throttle and your car would "drift" around corners. Tried it a few times with my Spoon EK9, it's crazy fun if you just wanna mess around :D:lol:

I tried it in a VW Golf RM, it was funny, and a bit difficult. I was on eiger nordwand short track though. I just want to try it in a good FF American car.

I wouldn't say they're the "masters" of drifting, more often than not the ones I encounter aren't that amazing. But yes they do have high amounts of respect and pride in what they do, and are the most genuine type of people you can find.

I tried it in a VW Golf RM, it was funny, and a bit difficult. I was on eiger nordwand short track though. I just want to try it in a good FF American car.

PT Cruiser, everyone loves that car! *gag*

I agree that Japanese players are amazing. They were helpful to teach me a bit of lines on the Touge(I'm a Touge guy but I sometimes drift)

Unfortunatly i've had the complete opposite experience when joining lobbys with mostly Japanese players and me being the only foreign player. If I join a loby with people from mixed countrys and there is a few Japanese guys in there they are usually very nice and quite often very good too. But if it's all Japanese players and just me I found them to be very dissrespectful and rude, constantly ramming and blocking.

But I don't blame it on them being Japanese, I can join a loby full of people from my own country and have just as bad a exerience.

Despite popular belief, Japan isn't all Cherry blossoms and cheery highschool students.

Japanese people can be incredibly racist, it's less prominent online but it's very obvious when you're in their country.

It could be that they just didn't want foreigners around and wanted to have a bit of fun with you rather than outright kicking you.. *shrugs*

Like you say, it doesn't matter what country you look to there are always going to be people like that. It's just very common for people to forget that Japan isn't like the Animes.

That aside, I've had incredibly fun experiences with Japanese players, I don't go out of my way to join their lobbies but because I can actually communicate with them they're the only foreign lobbies I join :lol:

I was once called a pedo for driving that in a cops lobby. Wat

Double posting makes the baby jebus cry! :lol: Anyway, that's rather bizarre.. still not as bad as remembering the Black PT Cruiser cabriolet with Frangipani stickers and massive highlighter pink eyelashes over the headlights... *cries every time*

But this is off topic.

Yes, there have also been times where I'm kicked because of being an American :lol: I honestly don't blame them because there are those people out there that give them that impression obviously. I don't bother going into JP rooms simply because their drifting skill is no different if not worse than the people I drift with from :gtpflag:

Double posting makes the baby jebus cry! :lol: Anyway, that's rather bizarre.. still not as bad as remembering the Black PT Cruiser cabriolet with Frangipani stickers and massive highlighter pink eyelashes over the headlights... *cries every time*

But this is off topic.

Believe me, I try not to double post. But since I use the GTP app on my iPhone, it won't let me multi-quote. If I could, that would be incredible. But since I couldn't be bothered to use the browser version... oh well.

Believe me, I try not to double post. But since I use the GTP app on my iPhone, it won't let me multi-quote. If I could, that would be incredible. But since I couldn't be bothered to use the browser version... oh well.

Wut..? you can multi-quote using the phone app :lol:

TB
Indeed you can multi-quote with the app. You must first tap the blue arrow next to the post(s) you want to quote and choose select. Repeat for as many posts as desired. Once they are all selected, tap the menu button, then tap multi-quote and compose your message as desired. 👍

Tell us how because I can't either on the iPhone app.

Tap the blue arrow, tap the white box, tap the.. rectangle with an arrow thingy at the top right, Multi-quote reply.

I don't mean to offend but I don't see how people struggle with this, I can manage it and my Iphone hasn't had a backlight the entire time I've been using the app.

Can we go back on topic now? 👍

anthaliscious
Yes, there have also been times where I'm kicked because of being an American :lol: I honestly don't blame them because there are those people out there that give them that impression obviously. I don't bother going into JP rooms simply because their drifting skill is no different if not worse than the people I drift with from :gtpflag:

True true... But i think that's the whole point to what the OP is about. They don't care about skill (as in angle, line, speed, tires, or even drive train for that matter). It is the style, the art of you and your car and how you drive it and how you perfect your style and just do you.

I mean me and Eric and some of the other guys from RSM joined a Japanese lobby where they were tandeming door to door in a GTR R35 drifting in reverse. It was really crazy but he never hit us he was a great driver. It is all about the art and the style of the drift and being able to control your car/just feeling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back