JPN Gran Turismo 5:Prologue Update confirmed!

• Thread starter skingg
  • 383 comments
skingg-R
Link : www.gran-turismo.com/jp

Before the update please read 2008 March 26th ' The Gran Turismo 5 prologue ' March 28th (the gold) ' Gran Turismo 5 prologue Spec II ' to free online update is executed in schedule around the noon. Details of update contents become the day announcement, but it guides in advance concerning the point which especially would like you to note. Before the update please be sure to peruse. After (1) update, before the updating it becomes impossible to play back replay data drawing up and retaining. Because Event (the event) contents are renovated (2) with update, individual Event before the updating (the event) the data not be able to play is cleared, becomes. (The acquisition prize, the car inside the garage, information of clearing the class unit to A class is taken over) (3) in the middle of updating even with when error comes out, the data which is downloaded to that is retained. Being over again, to complete update normally, please try no degree. Furthermore, update is reopened, like below there is a method. Game after the starting My Page (the my page) with News (news) it selects. PS ending the game with the button, it starts the game for the second time. * Was connected to broadband network environment to update "place t Shaun 3" and ' the Gran Turismo 5 prologue ' (blue ray disk edition or download edition) is necessary.
"

Free update around Friday noon! And this time update can be resumed even if you got disconnected! I have a feeling the update will be huge, I'm probably looking at somewhere around 1gig size of download. Wonder if the event race changes means that those of us with the JPN copy of GT5:Prologue will now lose for example, the final S class "Team Work" Mission with the F430? Anyway, I think I just wet myself....=P

Here is the updated text from English language version of JPN site.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/gt5p/news/d1985.html

“Gran Turismo 5 Prologue” will be undergoing a free online update to “Gran Turismo Prologue Spec II” at around noon on Friday, March 28.

The detailed content of the update will be announced on the day of the update, but there are some points of caution before performing the update. Please red before proceeding with the update.

(1) After updating, it will not be possible to replay the replay data created and saved before the update.

(2) Because the content of events will be renewed in the update, the event data before the update will be cleared, and those events will no longer be possible to play. (Acquired prize credits, cars in the garage, and clear information up to the A class will be carried over.)

(3) Even if an error occurs during the update, data downloaded up to the error is saved. Repeating the update will complete the download normally.

The update can be resumed as indicated below:

- Select News in My Page after starting the game
- Exit the game with the PS button, and restart the game.

* To update, you will need a Playstation 3 connected to the internet with a broadband connection, and "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue" (Either the Blu-ray disc version or downloaded version).

* All information listed in this website is for Japan. For information outside Japan, please refer to the website of your region.

(3) Even if an error occurs during the update, data downloaded up to the error is saved. Repeating the update will complete the download normally.

I'm on my 9999th attemp to update the PAL version... No progress save whatsoever, why, God, why? LOL

Ill have the PAL version instead. I was hoping the JPN version would be updated some time today because I cleared it yesterday. Just hoping the EU version will be in PSN store tomorrow. One thing is for sure. I will delete the JPN version from my PS3 when I recieve the PAL version.

Ill have the PAL version instead. I was hoping the JPN version would be updated some time today because I cleared it yesterday. Just hoping the EU version will be in PSN store tomorrow. One thing is for sure. I will delete the JPN version from my PS3 when I recieve the PAL version.

like to waste money?

Same here, I have Japanese, Today I am going to delete it from my HDD and wait for US version, Its not wasting money. We are HUGE fans of the series and love to spend every penny on it, Ive been saving for 2 years for GT and PS3, and G25 so yeah I can buy as many copies as I like :)

I'm not going to completely believe the new cars are coming until they say it - but it'll probably happen. All they've said so far is the events are changing.

No I Like to be able to read what the text says. I also want to support PD. Anyway what business is it of yours what I do with my money?

...One thing is for sure. I will delete the JPN version from my PS3 when I recieve the PAL version.

Hmm... think i'm going keep mine on there for a bit, along as i dont get any conflicts, but once i have the PAL version i car'nt see me using it anymore.

Yesh I would keep it if it was worth it but it will be of no use anymore because I will have a PAL version that I can actualy read what the menus etc say.

w00t!!

I think we all knew this would happen but the lack of a statement by PD was making us nervous. Glad to see it happening though :D

me and my 100 million are waiting for this update but I bet it will be a torture to get this update

I'm gonna keep my Japanese version, I've only got 75mil credits saved, but looking at rough prices for concept tuned cars it seems that multiplying the pal prices by 100 gets the Japanese price (if the F2007 is anything to go by) so might go on a tuned car spend. Not sure about saving for the F2007 though as it seems the events are going to be rearranged so my favourite ATM race (A1 Daytona) might not be there anymore in its current form.

I really want the Tuned Evo X and Tuned Skyline coupe, I love trying to get flawless time trials for saving replays.

Even if I decided to DL the Update, by the time it finishes to update, the US copy will hit the stores.

Back