JSTC GT400 | Allstar Race @ 24 hrs of Nurburgring 300km Sign Ups Open!

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 1,759 comments
United States
Los Angeles, Cali
JoeTruckV8
JSTC GT400 (GT300) SEASON 2
"Brought to you by the people's choice"

logomk15_zpsb1002920.jpg

Upcoming Allstar Event: 24hrs of Nurburgring
(Sign Ups Are Open!!!)​

img.php

Previous Series Race Champions: ZachAK47 | Phil Bell | Calum.Mchale

Room Settings for 24hr Nurburgring: Time Progression will be set to 7, Race start will be set to 3:00pm, Race Distance is 12 Laps (312km), Tire compounds are RM/RH both sets need to be used at least once!

Recent news: As discussed last night we will be running at GMT 12am for all the races, this means EST and PST will be 1 hour later than last season at 5pm Pst/ 8pm Est. This will only be for 2 races as GMT has it's daylight saving kick in on March 31st.

General Info About Races:This is a race series with a nice variety of JGTC GT300 cars tuned up to the higher end of the 360 to 390 horsepower range. Success ballast is also included. We hope you can join us for some fun!

Date & Time:
Saturday, June 1st, 7:00 pm Est
Saturday, June 1st, 4:00 pm Pst
Saturday, June 1st, 11:00 pm Gmt
Sunday, June 2nd, 12:00 am Bst

Host: Private lounge of JoeTruckV8 or ZachAK47

Race Length: At least 300 kilometers

Tire Rule: You must start the race with the tire compound that you qualify on. Also the medium tire must be used for a period of 8 laps minimum.

Lobby 2 Rule:
The grid will be split 50/50 if more than 16 drivers show. So for example 17 show, room A has 9, room B has 8

Requirements: Fun, clean and fair drivers

Race Officials: JoeTruckV8 ; freshseth83 ; RodeRuner1967 ; ZachAK47 ; phil bell ; Bazzer ; Willfred_1

Qualifying Times & Race Results:

Race Results Rd8

Overall Points Rd8

Team Championship Rd8

Course List:
March 2nd, Pre Race 1, Tokyo R246 Reverse | 40 Laps
March 9th, Pre Race 2, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Raceway | 56 Laps
March 16th, Round 1, Fuji Speedway F | 45 Laps
March 30, Round 2, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps | 28 Laps (wet race)
April 6th, Round 3, Autodromo Nazionale Monza | 35 Laps
April 13, Round 4, Indy Road Course | 50 Laps
April 20, Round 5, Suzuka Circuit | 34 Laps
May 4th, Round 6, Nürburgring GP/F | 39 Laps
May 11, Round 7, Twin Ring Motegi Road Course | 42 Laps
May 18th, Final Round, Circuit de la Sarthe | 22 Laps (TC/300km)
June 1st, All star weekend, Nurburgring Nordschleife | 12 Laps (TC/300km)

Room Regulations:

• Non-fixed host room
  • Standard race quality
  • Microphones disabled
  • Light damage
  • No penalties
  • Weak slipstream
  • Tire wear/Fuel consumption on "Normal"
  • Real grip reduction on wet/edge
  • Visual damage off
  • Collisions on
  • Racing line available
  • Traction control available
  • ABS available
  • All other assists off

Car Regulations:
  • Scroll down to see complete list of cars and restrictions
  • What ever car you use for Rd 4 and beyond, you will have to stick with that chassis for the remainder of the season.

Success Ballast: Ballast is cumulative. If your car weight is not divisible by 10, your new weight will be rounded up to the nearest 10th. Keep in mind that your weight can never go below the weight minimum listed under car regulations. Ballast will also carryover to any car you decide to switch to between Rounds 1 through 4.

*Note that success ballast will not apply during the final round.

• 1st: +40 kilograms
  • 2nd: +30 kilograms
  • 3rd: +20 kilograms
  • 4th: +10 change
  • 5th: No Change kilograms
  • 6th: -10 kilograms
  • 7th: -20 kilograms
  • 8th: -30 kilograms
  • 9th: -40 kilograms

Also Note: Maximum weight possible (+1250 kilograms),

Points Scoring:

• Pole position: 1 point
  • Fastest lap during race: 1 point
  • Pole position and fastest lap bonus will also apply to the "slower" room if there are more than 16 drivers. Also, if you made an effort to race and could not finish due to disconnect or some other reason, you will still receive points.
  • 1st: 64 points
  • 2nd: 62 points
  • 3rd: 60 points
  • 4th: 58 points
  • 5th: 56 points
  • 6th: 54 points
  • 7th: 52 points
  • 8th: 50 points
  • 9th: 48 points
  • 10th: 46 points
  • etc . . . etc . . .

Track Boundaries:
  • Track boundaries are generally the same as those enforced by the GT5 penalty system and as defined by section 16: Offline Racing in the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines. Much of the following is taken verbatim from there.
  • Colliding with or using walls, fences or other obstacles is forbidden, whether time is gained or not.
  • Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the track/circuit which includes the rumble strips and footpaths, but not grassed areas.
  • All green areas are not part of the track unless otherwise stated in the Race Specifics section of any given event.
  • Curbs, sidewalks/pavements are not part of the track unless otherwise stated.
  • Tarmac/Asphalt or any other kind of surface mentioned above that are situated beyond the normal limits of the track, Run-off areas for example, are not part of the track unless otherwise stated.
  • Any kind of rumble strip made of concrete, stone etc is part of the track unless otherwise stated.
  • In short: if there is no rumble strip, keep two wheels within white lines. If there is a rumble strip, keep two wheels on the rumble strip.
  • Occasionally crossing track boundaries to avoid other cars, accidents etc is to be expected, but if you continuously go out of bounds, you will be penalized.

Penalty System v2.0:

• Crossing the pit exit line will result in a 10s penalty, regardless of if you are around another car or not.
  • A collision that results in another driver losing control of their car will result in a 5s penalty multiplied by positions lost.
  • A collision that has clear intent to force another driver to lose control will result in a 10s penalty multiplied by positions lost.
  • When a driver overtakes unfairly and fails to yield within a reasonable time, a 20s penalty will be applied on top of any other penalties.
  • A 40s time penalty for not using both tire compounds.
  • The disadvantaged driver has 1 opportunity to reclaim his position. If the driver spins or crashes while another driver is trying to yield, no penalty will be applied except for the contact.
  • Slight contact and taps will be allowed, but excessive force will result in a penalty.
  • If a driver disconnects after causing a collision worthy of a penalty, the penalty will be applied to their next completed race.
  • Using a car that failures to meet the regulations (e.g. Using an illegal engine upgrade) will result in you being disqualified from the event.
  • Offenders that receive 5 or more penalties will get a further 10s penalty on their next penalty given.
  • Discussion of collisions between the drivers is forbidden in the thread. All discussion must take place using the private messaging service.
  • When an incident is reported to the stewards a PM will be sent out by ZachAK47 to the drivers involved. They will then get a chance to explain their perspective and this will be noted by the stewards in subsequent action.
  • Any appeals against penalties must be declared by PMing ZachAK47. Not in the thread.
  • The penalty system may be altered after an incident to result in more appropriate action applied if it occurs again.
  • If a driver mixed soft and medium tyres they will be penalised 40s.
  • Discussion of any kind of incidents(e.g. posting youtube clips), before action is taken, will result in the penalty being halved.
  • Post race rage (either in lounge or on thread) must end 10 minutes after the end of the race, any foul language/abuse after this time will result in your qualifying time being wiped for the next round.
  • *note if you are going to retire from a race please pull into the pits like a gentlemen racer plz or risk losing your points for that round!
Any questions about the penalty system should be directed to ZachAK47​

Lag Policy:

• In order to create the closest racing possible, a good Internet connection is needed. To ensure that this can happen we are doing a 3 strikes policy for lagging drivers (a strike is one race)
  • Strike 1- no action, it is treated as a one off
  • Strike 2 - warning that the driver needs to try to improve their connection
  • Strike 3 - the driver will not be permitted to race unless multiple stewards can confirm on race day the driver has no lag
  • If a driver does not lag for 2 consecutive races, then one strike will be removed.

Driving Standards:

• When a driver has their front bumper, alongside the car aheads rear bumper, a cars width must be left by the car ahead.
  • The car ahead keeps right of way until the overtake is completed, when the overtaking car is completely ahead of the defending driver.
  • The car ahead may move across the track when defending even when the overtaking car is alongside, provided the overtaking car is not forced off track.
  • When alongside, a cars width must be left by the overtaking driver and the defending driver, neither driver cannot be forced off track.
  • Bump drafting is allowed, to indicate you do not wish to bump draft, move off the racing line on the straight.
  • The overtaking driver must be in full control of their vehicle and be prepared to abandon the overtake if contact is looking possible. Also known as avoidable contact!
Qualifying:
  • You can qualify at any time until 1 hours before the race begins.
  • Qualifying ends in
  • Notify any of the race officials on PSN or on here that you want to qualify.
  • Success ballast is used during qualifying.
  • The qualifying room must have the same settings as listed under "Room Regulations"
  • The race official will check room settings and car settings.
  • You will do a 4 lap "Grid Start" race and the fastest lap time in the first
  • If you abandon your Qualifier laps then you must still use the tyres that you attempt to qualify on.
  • A race official must watch all 3 timed laps for a qualifying attempt to be valid.
  • A race official must qualify with another race official watching the qualifying.
  • All times must be posted on the thread along with the race official's name who spectated the qualifying attempt.

None Qualifiers:

• We actually had a problem at last weeks race that needs to be worked out so this is how we are going to fix none qualifier's. The room will be open 15 mins earlier to have a 10 min qualifying session for the late qualifiers. The drivers who qualified during the week will have priority to their grid positions regardless if in the knockout session a driver bests a already qualified drivers time. After the knockout session those late Q drivers will grid from behind the slowest already qualified driver to make up the grid for the main event.

Pre-Race Car Checks:

• Before the race can begin, I must check that everyone's car is the right horsepower and weight.
  • Please do not access your garage or tune menu when your car passes.
  • Anyone accessing the garage or tune menu will be penalized at the race officials' discretion.
  • Cars need to be broke-in so we don't have any HP gainers during the races. This is an advantage in the race.

Rolling Start: V2

• In the final sector, there will be no weaving or sudden changes of acceleration.
  • If a driver wishes to accelerate and brake to warm tires, this MUST be done off the racing line
  • It is recommended each car is a car length apart to give the driver in-front the chance to weave to warm their tires.
  • Overtaking is allowed once you cross the start finish line. But full throttle is allowed once the leader crosses the start finish line.
  • Going off track boundaries to warm tires is allowed.
  • A driver who loses positions on the pace lap is allowed to make their way to their starting position in a safe manner.
  • Any collisions on the pace lap will be investigated
  • Leading car must cross finish line at a speed between 70mph and 80mph

Race Finish:
  • When the winner passes the checkered flag and the timer pops up, you will continue to race until the end of the lap you are currently on. Once you finish your lap, you are not allowed to pass anymore cars.

Last edited:

Team Nissan C-West Razo Silvia '01:
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_8_zps20dba029.jpg

No Engine 3 Mod | 394hp @ 1150kg
Dropped ; Dropped ; Dropped

Team Cusco Subaru '03 1st Gen:
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_7_zpsd5532973.jpg

No Engine 3 Mod | 364hp @ 1120kg
Open ; Open ; Open

Team Toyota Super Autobacs Apex Mr-s '00:
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_6_zpsa4923de8.jpg

No Engine 3 Mod | 345hp @ 1170kg
#Phil Bill ; #ZachAK47 ; KingBestJr

Team Wed's Celica '03:
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_5_zps2cca1e47.jpg

No Engine 3 Mod | 355hp @ 1140kg
SkengD ; #Bazzer ; rosckolove

Team RE Amemiya Asparadrink '04 1st Gen:
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_4_zps2d264d4c.jpg

Open ; Open ; Open

Note: If your Amemiya Rx-7 does have eng mod 3 and you cant get another one from the UCD. We will allow you to run 1180kg as your minimum weight!!!

Team Wed's Lexus IS350 '08:
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_3_zps8608388a.jpg

No Engine 3 Mod | 384hp @ 1170kg
Cam From NJ ; Calum.Mchale ; TylerJDallas

Team Autobacs Arta '08 Garaiya 2nd Gen:
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_2_zpsd492c1d2.jpg

No Engine 3 Mod | 364hp @ 1210kg
gippone ; allascato ; MikeGrove

Team RE Amemiya Asparadrink '06 2nd Gen:
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_1_zps681ff6d1.jpg

#FreshSeth83 ; Kieranrp ; Open

Team Cusco Subaru '08 2nd Gen:
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_zpseaf801e8.jpg

No Engine 3 Mod | 388hp @ 1100kg
#JoeTruckV8 ; #TnT 2000 ; #Willfred_1

Last edited:
Just to let everyone know, I probably won't ever be able to qualify people. I am listed as a steward but I'm more of an adviser to Joe since this series is loosely based off what I did in the GTRRL's series'.

So think of me as someone in the head office, not a race steward though ;)

Nice work Joe 👍

No special stage r5 again ?

I wanted it but the vote count was lower than the rest. I feel you tho I wanted a street course and with this being street and night it would of been spectacular imo.

I wanted it but the vote count was lower than the rest. I feel you tho I wanted a street course and with this being street and night it would of been spectacular imo.

It would provide a better race than sarthe , sarthe things get spread out pretty quickly

I forgot to put my track votes in! Think I'll take la sarthe as one of my 2 I can possiblm miss, just like the nurb I have the long tracks, especially when your just running on the rev limiter down massive straigts

Looks good man. Dont forget to put the links/screen grabs of those spreadsheets in when we get closer to the action :D

I wouldn't mind seeing SSR5 (reverse would be great) instead of La Sarthe

Ss regular version , reverse has a more awkward / dangerous pit entrance / exit

Ok fellas check the discussion tread for details about the season finale last race so I can micro adjust the op, that clearly needs more work plz. 👍

-Thankz'

You might want to underline full pace lap, and pole position crosses the line. Regarding race starts, to make it more obvious :P

Sign up fellas its some cracking racing here. Never a dull lap anywhere on the field.

Our overall lap times vary by 2-4s, so any level of experience can join.

If were doing SSR5 as a race, we should run the normal layout only because the pit entry on the reverse is really tricky.

You might want to underline full pace lap, and pole position crosses the line. Regarding race starts, to make it more obvious :P

Sign up fellas its some cracking racing here. Never a dull lap anywhere on the field.

Our overall lap times vary by 2-4s, so any level of experience can join.

At the top or the bottom?

If were doing SSR5 as a race, we should run the normal layout only because the pit entry on the reverse is really tricky.

I'm going to count the votes for SSR5 vs Le Sarthe.

Messed around some today with downforce levels on the Subaru in our practice racing. But once you lose the draft the car is nowhere. The Lexus again just pulls away from you unless you run really low wing. That's good, but then it's not so good when you want the downforce to take turns. The thing about the Subaru is you can't install engine upgrades, they're not available, but turbo 3 helps out a good deal. If you lighten the car anymore you kinda ruin the balance that the ballast gives you. I like the way it drives though, feels really good and really stable.

Would love to participate in Season 2 but I just won't have enough time to dedicate. Good luck fellas. I can post my final Garaiya setup from last season if anyone wants it.

Would love to participate in Season 2 but I just won't have enough time to dedicate. Good luck fellas. I can post my final Garaiya setup from last season if anyone wants it.

The grid will miss you Uga

Back