JTQ Tunes - CLOSED UNTIL GT7 OR DRIVE CLUB FOR PS4

• Thread starter jtqmopar
  • 78 comments
I know with the Viper at high speeds it doesn't want to turn well at all, but i think that is just the nature of a Viper lol

I have that exact same issue with it wanting to push to the outside during moderate to high speed corners. Can't seem to get a remedy worked out yet.

REVIEW: Other than it's understeer going into higher speed corners, it has great stability, controlled braking, and good corner exit. The backend wants to swing out sometimes, but it's not that bad and can be managed with throttle control.

Last edited:
RUF RGT '00 500PP
389hp/ 285ft-lb
1375kg

PARTS:
Fully Customizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable Mech. LSD
Twin-Plate Clutch Kit
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Iso Exhaust Manifold

Tires: Sports: Soft
Power Limiter: 100%
Ballast: 45kg @ 0
Downforce: 0/ 0

Suspension:
Ride Height: 80/ 75
Spring Rate: 3.90/ 9.50
Dampers (C): 5/ 4
Dampers (E): 5/ 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/ 2

Camber: 1.7/ 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.12/ 0.16

Drivetrain (Transmission):
Max Speed: 205mph
1st: 2.88
2nd: 2.06
3rd: 1.60
4th: 1.29
5th: 1.04
6th: 0.88
Final: 3.3
*adjust final gear to suit track

Drivetrain:
LSD: 14/ 22/ 5

Brakes:
Balance: 7/ 6
JTQ Thanks so much for the time u put into tuning, I love to race but have no clue in how to tune a car,but u give me a car that's tuned right.I am a happy Racer. THe ruf RGT 00 stock is not a pretty site. Thnks again bro :gtpflag:

Jtqmopar-when u get done with v-12 vantage tune, could you do a tune on the GTR-07, It's really one of my fav car's in GT6, just needs some handling tweeks and it will beat out a F 1 Mclaren 94

What power level are you looking for on that GT-R?
power level as in top speed, I do nurb track a lot, if i can get top speed to red line at about 215-220 that would be great,not for dragging,top end speed long track,hope this gives u details u wanted

I might have done an oil change, or not done one. Are you setting everything in order? Max speed to 168mph then the gears from 1st-6th then final? You have to leave final for last, not before the top speed slider

@jtqmopar - I saw your post in another thread about not getting stellar reviews. Your tunes look pretty good to me. I guess the only thing that I would play with is testing some lower LSD accel numbers? I am seeing a lot of 20's and 30's. Maybe try out some teens and low 20s?

It was only the Viper in the last shooutout that I had the trans that way to combat massive oversteer as well as one review in the street/rally where if I would have done 50/50 I would've had much better times. I mostly was trying to get across that tunes are dependent on the tune user to be able to use them. It's also hard to make a solid argument with certain...let's just say unorganized tuners trying not to be put in the base tunes list because they only put the bare minimum info, and don't use things link bold, underline, or t:h:e:s:e: things (brain fart, I forgot what those are called... colons! Okay, back on track!).

I will try out some lower LSD numbers, although I have been starting much higher than that and most of those are lowered, some are raised, it just depends on what the car wants!

The second review for the day is the JTQ tunes 430 Scuderia tune found here

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ges-599-drift-more.291182/page-2#post-9122210

This tune is extremely fast. Super responsive. Mostly neutral with a slight inclination to oversteer which I prefer. Throttle oversteer is not a problem with this tune and lift off oversteer is just light enough that it can be used to stick the nose down in a turn but not destabilize it enough to spin. It's really a fantastic tune other than one problem.

It's scary. Really scary. It's a really stiff car which created some interesting moments on the ring and it tends to snap oversteer when it gets unstable. Kerbs have to be avoided and you have to tread extremely lightly with throttle/break/steering inputs when going over bumps otherwise you're going to end up in a wall. Every bit of feedback goes straight into the wheel as well so you're 100% going to get jerked around on a bumpy track such as the ring.

Last edited:
I'll give a couple of your tunes a test drive tomorrow and post the results in my thread

Sounds good. I'd suggest taking the Scud Missile, uhm, I mean Scuderia for a spin. If you test it at Nurburgring, set the final gear to either 3.73 or 3.93 I tested it a bit yesterday online just for kicks and it topped out at 206-7mph right at the hill at the end of antoniusbuche (last long straight before sign/ high speed left)

sweet im a daytona muscle racr could you play with the T/A i run up the wall into 3 and 4 every lap unless beaking before corner

What power level are you running this at? I will go up to full power, but I will tune for Sports: Soft tires

edit: So far I've gotten a 0:43.201 at Daytona, and I'm not a NASCAR fan, and I use a DS3. The car is fully upgraded, you can hold 206-210mph in 4th, and I've gotten about 216mph in 5th with more for draft. You will need to downshift for turn 1, then back up to 5th for turn 2, and might have to drop down to 19x's in turns 3 and 4 or you'll hit the wall. The good thing is you can do it without touching the brakes. Once you feel the car leaving that understeeriness, you can shift up to 5th and take advantage of the mid-band power. Here it is so far:

Last edited:
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78 NASCAR 601PP
744hp/ 910ft-lb
1313kg

Tires: Sports: Soft
Power Limiter: 100.0%
Downforce: 0/ 5
Ballast: 0kg@ 0

Parts
Aero Kit - Type A
Rear Wing - Custom Type A
Other - Type C
Fully Cusomizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Triple Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Driveshaft
Engine Tuning St.3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Intake Tuning
Supercharger
Weight Red. St. 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension
Ride Height: 135/ 160
Spring Rate: 12.50/ 8.75
Dampers (C): 8/ 6
Dampers (E): 7/ 5
Anti-roll Bars: 3/ 4
Camber: 0.3/ 0.2 <<<Possible to adjust for better turning mid-corner>>>
Toe Angle: -0.24/ 0.08

Transmission
top speed: 249mph
1st: 2.74
2nd: 1.47
3rd: 1.03
4th: 0.78
5th: 0.65
Final: 2.83

LSD
15/ 15/ 4

Brakes: Racing: 5/ 3

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite tunes so far, nasty with capital "N"! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks man. I agree with you, and when tuning I couldn't believe how sticky this car is. It's fun to raise the ride height and get some air at Willow Springs sometimes.

JTQ Thanks so much for the time u put into tuning, I love to race but have no clue in how to tune a car,but u give me a car that's tuned right.I am a happy Racer. THe ruf RGT 00 stock is not a pretty site. Thnks again bro :gtpflag:
What tyres is this on? On RS the tail kicks out in every corner

The RUF RGT is on SS tires. All my tune sheets have a box checked (X'd, Xed, ex'd...exed?) for the tires used. I only tune cars with the same tires front and rear. With the exception of drag tunes which it appears I might be starting.

Latest Posts

Back