July DLC clues

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 133 comments
Another suggestion for clue 6 which has been mooted is the MEV Exocet, but I can't imagine T10 having done enough research to have found it:

exocet23.jpg

Another suggestion for clue 6 which has been mooted is the MEV Exocet, but I can't imagine T10 having done enough research to have found it:

View attachment 748129
Looks like a cross between a caterham seven and an Ariel atom
Would be cool to have in game but I doubt they would do much research
I don't understand why you say they wouldn't do the research?

What do you mean?

I figure he means that niche, relatively unknown cars tend to become much more popular after being featured in Forza? An example that comes to mind is the Isetta.

But if that is the meaning of the sentence, that's hardly something that can be blamed on T10 and PG, no? And it's definitely not indicative of a tendency to not feature more obscure vehicles.

Forza tends to have mainstream cars and tracks.

I guess that depends on your definition of "mainstream". There's actually quite a few cars in Forza games that are pretty unknown outside of the car community, which is probably what I would use as a metric for being mainstream.

Forza tends to have mainstream cars
I think that "mainstream" cars would be the "everyday" compacts, sedans, crossovers, SUVs, and pickups that are designed to sell. Those vehicles are not designed with performance in mind, unlike the vehicles in Forza that fall under those sectors.*

*To be fair, the 360-era Forza had some of those types of "everyday" cars.

Clue 1

It’s not just fast.
Ferrari 812 Superfast

Clue 2

Way cooler than the first one done by Tony Hawk in 1985
Mclaren 720S

Clue 3

A four-letter acronym for completely awesome
COPO Camaro (we might get a dragster for the Drag Update)

Clue 4

Deliverance, Army of Darkness, Gremlins, Johnny Mnemonic. What do they all have in common?

Rolls Royce Phantom (They are all english, and the Phantom is the only car from the movie "johnny english" we don´t have yet)

Clue 5

It is only 16.96 miles long and has existed for more than 100 years. You should drive it.

Porsche 904

Clue 6

It is a relatively compact missile.

BMW M140i

Clue 7

“That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet.”

Triumph Mayflower (the car is named after a flower that looks like a rose)

I like the renamed Fisker Karma as clue 7.

Clue 4: They are all based on books I think. Probably the most famous car book ever is "Unsafe At Any Speed" which goes into detail about the Chevrolet Corvair. So I see the 59 Chevrolet Corvair Monza making a return.

Clue 4: They are all based on books I think. Probably the most famous car book ever is "Unsafe At Any Speed" which goes into detail about the Chevrolet Corvair. So I see the 59 Chevrolet Corvair Monza making a return.
Kind of a stretch, but a bigger problem is that the Corvair was only made from 1960-1969, and the Monza wasn't introduced until 1961.

Clue 4

Deliverance, Army of Darkness, Gremlins, Johnny Mnemonic. What do they all have in common?

Rolls Royce Phantom (They are all english, and the Phantom is the only car from the movie "johnny english" we don´t have yet)

That's probably the best guess I've seen for this.

Though, looking at the more likely guesses as a whole, we're missing at least 2 SUVs in this pack...

Looks like a cross between a caterham seven and an Ariel atom
Would be cool to have in game but I doubt they would do much research

I don't understand why you say they wouldn't do the research?

As @Marqus said, the car would be far too obscure for Turn10 to have heard of it, let alone find one to scan and develop. I might be wrong, but I'm not holding my breath, as much as one of those would be cool.

As @Marqus said, the car would be far too obscure for Turn10 to have heard of it, let alone find one to scan and develop.
See, I can't understand this thinking. Turn10 is a company that makes car racing games. It is literally the only thing they do. It is their job to know about cars. There are 100 reasons why a car might not be in the game, and not one of them is "They don't know about it."

and not one of them is "They don't know about it."

I'm not so sure on that, there's hundreds of traditional car manufacturers, tuners and kit car manufacturers around the world. Unless they have someone on the payroll who only researches car brands it's very possible that there are cars they're unaware of.

The Exocet is just a Miata without it's Miata body, and you can customize it to your own will. I doubt you'd ever see it in game, not necessarily because T10 doesn't know it exists, but more likely because Mazda would intervene with licensing.

See, I can't understand this thinking. Turn10 is a company that makes car racing games. It is literally the only thing they do. It is their job to know about cars. There are 100 reasons why a car might not be in the game, and not one of them is "They don't know about it."

I agree, it shouldn't be a case of 'we've never heard of this car'. They probably do have a couple of people whose job it is to research cars, but I'd imagine it's more a case of looking at back catalogues of existing manufacturers who are in the game. However, it's very unlikely that a small company such as MEV is to be heard of unless someone in T10 sits down with kit car magazines from Britain. Given Turn10's efficiency in other areas, I doubt they'd be that organised.

I'm not so sure on that, there's hundreds of traditional car manufacturers, tuners and kit car manufacturers around the world. Unless they have someone on the payroll who only researches car brands it's very possible that there are cars they're unaware of.

I'd love to see some British more companies included such as Lister, Ronart, Ginetta, Prodrive or Morgan. Now I'm not going to pretend that ignorance in these cars is what prevents the marques being included, it's more likely to be licensing or a lack of awareness from the majority of customers. While the Lykan HyperSport is an unknown car for me, its inclusion in F&F7 meant it was going to be recognised by a lot more people than a Ginetta G40.

Another thought on the "Compact Missile" clue.

The Sparrow is a pretty small missile - used in air to air combat.

How about this little gem?
View attachment 748476

The Corbin Sparrow electric car!
When those were being built, I honestly considered getting one. I was working in Seattle and living on Bainbridge Island which meant I was taking the ferry twice a day. My only transportation was a 1975 Honda Goldwing. It was great because motorcycles always loaded and unloaded first. But also, if you got to the ferry terminal while the boat was loading, once they were full up with cars, the last few motorcycles were loaded. If you rode a motorcycle, you effectively never missed a boat. The downside to riding a motorcycle in Seattle year-round was the weather. Rain? Snow? Hurricane? Too bad. Still gotta ride the bike to work. So I looked hard at the Sparrow as an alternative. It's classified as a motorcycle so it would load with the bikes. There was someone who commuted in a Sparrow, and it worked great for them. I would only drive it about 20 miles total each day, so range wasn't a problem. But ultimately, I just couldn't afford it.

When those were being built, I honestly considered getting one. I was working in Seattle and living on Bainbridge Island which meant I was taking the ferry twice a day. My only transportation was a 1975 Honda Goldwing. It was great because motorcycles always loaded and unloaded first. But also, if you got to the ferry terminal while the boat was loading, once they were full up with cars, the last few motorcycles were loaded. If you rode a motorcycle, you effectively never missed a boat. The downside to riding a motorcycle in Seattle year-round was the weather. Rain? Snow? Hurricane? Too bad. Still gotta ride the bike to work. So I looked hard at the Sparrow as an alternative. It's classified as a motorcycle so it would load with the bikes. There was someone who commuted in a Sparrow, and it worked great for them. I would only drive it about 20 miles total each day, so range wasn't a problem. But ultimately, I just couldn't afford it.
When was this if you don't mind me asking? (I grew up on bainbridge island)

I lived on the island from 1998 to 2000. I lived on the westside, off Olympic Beach Rd.

Small world! I was definitely living there at the time, though i was in high school. You weren't too far from me either. I was probably less than a mile north of you, on the other side of battle point park.

Urban dictionary defines a missile car as a "ratty, cheap (usually Japanese) car tuned for drifting"
This or maybe a Corbellati Missile, but I don't think so

The acronym clue could be linked to Alfa (anonima lombarda fabbrica automobili) or even Seat (Sociedad Española de Automóviles de Turismo )

Back