Jumping from console to PC- Advice?

• Thread starter jamman39
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
jamman39
Took the plunge and bought a premade PC with an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor and a GTX1660 Super graphics card.

So after making the switch from Xbox One to PC, I’m looking for advice.

Which game should I get for best FFB, handling, and graphics.

If I decide to upgrade to VR do I go with Oculus or is there another option in that price range.

Anything you wish you knew when you got started?

Took the plunge and bought a premade PC with an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor and a GTX1660 Super graphics card.

I'm thinking of jumping from PS4 to PC.

If I decide to upgrade to VR do I go with Oculus or is there another option in that price range.

I'm thinking of jumping from PS4. It may be worth picking up games you've already played on Xbox. Games like Assetto Corsa have some great looking mods. Rfactor 2 seems highly regarded.

Check out streams from Dave Cam, Jimmy Broadbent and Super GT on YouTube and see if I racing would be worth investing in.

If you don't mind could you check back and update on what sort of performance you're getting with those PC specs. Thanks.

I think my plan at the moment is to get Assetto Corsa Ultimate edition on Steam since AC on Xbox was my favorite sim and I should be able to compare them pretty easily. Then I think I’ll get Automobilista 1 & 2 just to have new sims to start out with.

I’ll also be able to download FH3 & 4 & FM7 with Xbox Play Anywhere, and Dirt Rally 2.0 and F1 2018 from Xbox Game Pass for PC. All for free. So I should have a decent starting library.

I’ll definitely update once I get started if your interested. I’m already starting to realize those specs weren’t quite as high end as I expected (I don’t know much about PCs) so it should be an interesting couple of weeks

I have Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally on PS4 and PC. The PC versions have more detailed feedback imo.

It’s early going but I’ve played a little bit of AC, Automobilista 1 & 2.

First impressions:

AC’s HUD on the PC version is weird and I miss the console HUD. The graphics are a bit better but not as much as I might’ve guessed. It’s super easy to mod, and there are so many mods. AC was always a game that I could play perpetually, even though I was usually taking 5 or 6 cars around 3 or 4 tracks on Xbox. With mods I think I could play it forever.

Automobilista 1: incredible track list that I can’t wait to dig into, but generic cars are a disappointment. The simulation seems even more realistic than AC’s.

Automobilista 2: very user friendly, you can tell it’s based of the Project Cars 2 engine. The default FFB settings are perfect (for me) they feel at least as good as the settings from AC on console that I tweaked for months to get

It’s early going but I’ve played a little bit of AC, Automobilista 1 & 2.

The graphics are a bit better but not as much as I might’ve guessed.

This could be pc dependent - I used an i7 3770K with a GTX 1070 for years, when I upgraded to a AMD 3700X but still using the 1070, I noticed a lot of finer details and more smoothness. Just my 2 cents

Edit: old cpu

Last edited:
Back