Just bought a playseat evo

• Thread starter thefraggle
  • 21 comments
United Kingdom
Guildford
GTP_thefraggle
I've just bought the playseat evolution to go with GTS and the thrustmaster T-GT.

Any words of advice? Have I finally got a credible setup?

Was just hoping for something a bit more exotic. Like a 1:1 scale model of the three boobed character from Total Recall (the original of course)
I don't think anybody with any self worth it credibility would reference the remake......

I've just bought the playseat evolution to go with GTS and the thrustmaster T-GT.

I have a playseat evo as well. I suppose it's ok for a more entry level rig. Seat padding could be better, I put a blanket between me and it. Worst part is the pedal mount. There is nothing to brace the mount so when you press the brakes hard the entire assembly flexes. It makes modulating your braking a lot more difficult than if it was fixed and couldn't flex.

I have a playseat evo as well. I suppose it's ok for a more entry level rig. Seat padding could be better, I put a blanket between me and it. Worst part is the pedal mount. There is nothing to brace the mount so when you press the brakes hard the entire assembly flexes. It makes modulating your braking a lot more difficult than if it was fixed and couldn't flex.

I ended up putting a strap on the lower part to hold my pedals to the metal and in the back side lower part I put a couple of pieces of wood to support it and took care of almost all of the play.

I ended up putting a strap on the lower part to hold my pedals to the metal and in the back side lower part I put a couple of pieces of wood to support it and took care of almost all of the play.
I'll be hard mounting the T-GT. Surely that should help?

We are talking about where the pedals go. There's only two screw mounts for the pedal so there's a little flux at the bottom between the plate and the pad, instead of strap you can try to use the velcro that is provided with the playseat...

And when you install that conical brake Mod on your 3pa pedals, the entire metal Flexes a little bit when you press hard on the brakes. I ended up cutting some wood and building a mini frame underneath to support the back so it wouldn't be that much flex, but it's not that bad. I played the demo for 3 days in a row or maybe it was four and it said I did over 20 hours, the seat felt great to me. And I'm six foot three :-)

We are talking about where the pedals go. There's only two screw mounts for the pedal so there's a little flux at the bottom between the plate and the pad, instead of strap you can try to use the velcro that is provided with the playseat...

And when you install that conical brake Mod on your 3pa pedals, the entire metal Flexes a little bit when you press hard on the brakes. I ended up cutting some wood and building a mini frame underneath to support the back so it wouldn't be that much flex, but it's not that bad. I played the demo for 3 days in a row or maybe it was four and it said I did over 20 hours, the seat felt great to me. And I'm six foot three :-)
That's really good to hear because I'm six two.

Some people find the back rest incredibly uncomfortable. If this is the case buy yourself a lumbar support, the type for cars seat. With that mine is now super comfy.

I bought the Passion Automotive Type S Lumbar Support, looks good on the seat as well.

Back