Just Bought GT Sport...

• Thread starter jrbabbitt
  • 15 comments

jrbabbitt

Premium
United States
Charleston, SC
TCR_JimyBee
I had just bought GT Sport, it was the "Hits" version and was on sale in the PS store for $9.99. I saw somewhere, possibly in these forums (searched for this) that there were DLC cars, one was the Aston Martin DB9 (?) I looked all over for this free DLC and cannot find it either thru the game or via the PS store on my PS4. Please guide me to acquiring these cars, thank you

I had just bought GT Sport, it was the "Hits" version and was on sale in the PS store for $9.99. I saw somewhere, possibly in these forums (searched for this) that there were DLC cars, one was the Aston Martin DB9 (?) I looked all over for this free DLC and cannot find it either thru the game or via the PS store on my PS4. Please guide me to acquiring these cars, thank you
Update the game to the latest version. More than 160 cars have been added between launch and today, free of charge. The Aston Martin DB9 isn't among them, but the DBR9 is.

You will need to win it by chance or earn enough money to buy it in game, however.

Update the game to the latest version. More than 160 cars have been added between launch and today, free of charge. The Aston Martin DB9 isn't among them, but the DBR9 is.

You will need to win it by chance or earn enough money to buy it in game, however.
Yes it was the DB9R i was looking at, and as for updating the game since i just bought it yesterday on the PS store on my PS4 i checked and i have the most current version but no cars...

Yes it was the DB9R i was looking at, and as for updating the game since i just bought it yesterday on the PS store on my PS4 i checked and i have the most current version but no cars...
Yes, you'll need to win or buy it if you want it:

There's no "free DLC" in the sense of a car you get delivered to your garage without any further steps.

i read somewhere that when the "PS Hits" version comes out it will have the special DLC that the deluxe version had when released in 2016
this is what i asking about...

Yes, you'll need to win or buy it if you want it:

There's no "free DLC" in the sense of a car you get delivered to your garage without any further steps.
ohhhh my bad

i had been away from the Gran Turismo scene for long time because i never ugraded my PS from my old PS2, just recently got a PS4 and had to find a good version of Gran Turismo. Will be spending many hours learning how to drive with the new game...

Last edited by a moderator:
i read somewhere that when the "PS Hits" version comes out it will have the special DLC that the deluxe version had when released in 2016
Not quite, no.

GT Sport Spec II - which came out at the same time as the Hits version, but is different - has a ten-car "starter pack". The cars are:

Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3
Lexus RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing)
Mercedes-AMG GT3
Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.3
Nissan GT-R Nismo Schulze Motorsport
Porsche 911 RSR (991)
Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3
Subaru WRX Gr.3
Toyota FT-1 VGT (Gr.3)

The original Deluxe version had a 12-car "starter pack", which were:
Audi R18 TDI
Audi Sport quattro Pikes Peak
Dodge SRT Tomahawk VGT
Ford Focus Gr.B
Ford Mustang Gr.B
Mazda LM55 VGT
Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B
Peugeot RCZ Gr.B
Subaru WRX Gr.B
Toyota FT-1 VGT Gr.3

Your version gets neither.

Additional question... is there a good FAQ or source of info for starting from scratch on the new game? and or a good book on this?

Not quite, no.

GT Sport Spec II - which came out at the same time as the Hits version, but is different - has a ten-car "starter pack". The cars are:
Mercedes-AMG GT3
Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.3
Porsche 911 RSR (991)
Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3
Subaru WRX Gr.3
Toyota FT-1 VGT (Gr.3)

Audi R18 TDI
Dodge SRT Tomahawk VGT
Ford Focus Gr.B
Ford Mustang Gr.B
Mazda LM55 VGT
Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B
Peugeot RCZ Gr.B
Subaru WRX Gr.B
Toyota FT-1 VGT Gr.3

i should have spent the additional 20 bucks...

if i go back and purchase the Spec II will i have to delete my new game and the one car i bought?

Last edited:
Once you get to racing online, you could sign with Aston for the Manufacture's Series. DBR9 is an option for Gr.3 . You'll get a Gr.4 Vantage as well. I did this with Toyota when I started. I still drive them often.

Once you get to racing online, you could sign with Aston for the Manufacture's Series. DBR9 is an option for Gr.3 . You'll get a Gr.4 Vantage as well. I did this with Toyota when I started. I still drive them often.
I do not plan on racing online for a long time, so i will make do with what i can earn offline.

I do not plan on racing online for a long time, so i will make do with what i can earn offline.

Funnily enough the money from online is measily.

You can earn a LOT.... a DAMN lot from offline in regards to GT Leagues, missions and track challenges.

I would say that there's no point paying for cars or any method to 'cheat' to get cars.... just play the game and you get cars stuffed down your throat... problem is it may be crappy hatchbacks.

If you drive 26 miles or 42km a day you get a free random car.

Not quite, no.

Mercedes-AMG GT3
Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.3
Porsche 911 RSR (991)
Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3
Subaru WRX Gr.3
Toyota FT-1 VGT (Gr.3)

Audi R18 TDI
Dodge SRT Tomahawk VGT
Ford Focus Gr.B
Ford Mustang Gr.B
Mazda LM55 VGT
Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B
Peugeot RCZ Gr.B
Subaru WRX Gr.B
Toyota FT-1 VGT Gr.3

And the launch day digital version from PSN store came with 15 cars(can't remember if it was called deluxe or not).
The above 12 plus the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT Safety Car , BMW M4 Safety Car and the Peugeot 908 HDi Team Peugeot Total '10.

Funnily enough the money from online is measily.

You can earn a LOT.... a DAMN lot from offline in regards to GT Leagues, missions and track challenges.

I would say that there's no point paying for cars or any method to 'cheat' to get cars.... just play the game and you get cars stuffed down your throat... problem is it may be crappy hatchbacks.

If you drive 26 miles or 42km a day you get a free random car.

Wow 26 miles a day? That's just about 2 laps on the ring...
I've played GT for years all the way up to GT4 on my PS2, shouldn't be too hard these days...

If you complete Driving School, Circuit Experience Mission Challenges, you'll have about 40 cars. Add your first car and Daily Workout Gifts, you don't need to spend any Credits. Which should be close to 10 million credits for all Gold.

Back