Just can't do it!!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter scoperoc
  • 44 comments
  • 4,600 views
I am still level 29, so not yet running in the X2010. But with other fast cars I realized that the DS3 steering works best if I do not get off the acceleration button while braking. Maybe this is the way to run the X2010 as fast as possible with a DS3? Who knows...
 
Just a little off topic, but I gotta let you know. i just golded the first Grand tour event. finally. It made me jump higher than when I got my X1. pfeew.

On topic: I forgot to mention that you should turn off the ghost right away, and just focus on the time. The ghost becomes a real pain in the sight when your going for gold.

Back off topic. I did it. Pfeew.
 
My advice is to turn off PS3 when you become nervous. It worked for me : started the challenge on Monza and Golded in 20 minutes, then moved on Nurburgring, where at first glance it seemed to me impossible to gold, so I turned off and went to have lunch. After 2 hours I've retried Nurburgring and Golded in one hour, and Suzuka in less than an hour. It can be frustrating, so take a break when you start to become nervous 👍

I know that with DS3 it's way much difficult, but Bronze is possible, so keep trying 👍
 
In order to help me, I did the 1000km of Suzuka Endurance race in the Red Bull x2010. That's 192 practice laps for you!
 
only thing i found anoying is i got 2'11.558 on suzuka..and silver is 2'11.500...now i cant get better then 2'11.9xx
 
Not trying to sound arrogante but I got bronze in all in my first try at the challenge , about 30 minutes total, If you do have a F1 game, let's say F1 2010 play again a bit this will help you being a X1 is more like a F1 than a regular road car.

Manual gear all assists off , abs set to either 3 or 4 was what I used along with a G27, I got all X1s in every color and I must say MY OWN Vettel X1 is by far the most special to me.


Good luck (add me if you guys want to race X1s with me)
 
i must be one hell of a driver , did them all bronze medals in 1h:20m

used dfgt. automatic transmission , and skid control on , abs 1.

FYI used the same setting and a g27 and got gold 3/3 within 1 hour 30, so you aint got much to brag about, try and help or be quiet :sly:

imo watch the video's they will help you alot, try slowing down and relaxing just to complete the 2 laps that way you get more driving experience and less frustration with the car.

if you are doing a 1:05.9 or lower on your first lap suzuka your on for a easy gold anything over your second lap is going to have to be spot on. (1:03's are do-able with practise)

Also monza doesn't help with he feel of the car as its just chicanes and flat out turns to get a feel i suggest nurburg (lots of run off more forgiving than suzuka but similar sort of corners and braking techniques)

any other questions fire away:tup:
 
I obtained my X1 through level 35 B-spec and am almost at level 40 A-spec so I will be able to buy them too soon, but I've still tried the challenge many times with a DS3 but can't ever get it even close in one lap. So, I decided to try some absurd out of the box method but still failed: I got so fed up with trying to get from the gas to the brake and back again using my thumb (square and x buttons like I have for years; which works for me with other cars), that I decided to try a one button approach: I used and elastic band to hold up the throttle (analogue stick) and just drove applying the brake wherever I had to (This is how I golded the final slalom license test). I could get within 10 secs of bronze on all three tracks. lol I knew it wouldn't work because I would lose too much time having to break early and fighting the accelerator, but this was still fun. I figured if there were a way to cut the throttle automatically by 50-75% when applying the brake, it might be possible: but that's just a hypothetical and would require some wiring and circuitry modifications too complex and time-consuming for me.

The other absurd idea I had was if there was a way to autofire the pause button and drive in slow motion. lol Unfortunately there is no 'start' button on a usb keyboard and I don't have an autofire controller. Do they even make autofire controllers with autofire start buttons these days?
 
Not trying to sound arrogante but I got bronze in all in my first try at the challenge , about 30 minutes total [...] Manual gear all assists off , abs set to either 3 or 4 was what I used along with a G27, I got all X1s in every color and I must say MY OWN Vettel X1 is by far the most special to me.

Not trying to blame you, but actually, this thread is about driving the challenge with a DS3 controller. No surprise that you managed to get bronze that quick with a G27... :dunce:
 
FYI used the same setting and a g27 and got gold 3/3 within 1 hour 30, so you aint got much to brag about, try and help or be quiet :sly:

imo watch the video's they will help you alot, try slowing down and relaxing just to complete the 2 laps that way you get more driving experience and less frustration with the car.

if you are doing a 1:05.9 or lower on your first lap suzuka your on for a easy gold anything over your second lap is going to have to be spot on. (1:03's are do-able with practise)

Also monza doesn't help with he feel of the car as its just chicanes and flat out turns to get a feel i suggest nurburg (lots of run off more forgiving than suzuka but similar sort of corners and braking techniques)

any other questions fire away:tup:

Hmmm well 1. He did it with a DS3 not a G27, per the OP and 2. He did offer some settings, as did you but for a wheel and 3. What was your point again?
 
It's possible to get gold on Monza and Nurburgring with a DS3 'cause I did. Nurburgring is really, really hard with a DS3. Suzuka however is, in my opinion, impossible. I golded Suzuka with a crappy PS2 Driving Force steering wheel.

All you really need is practice until you fully understand the car :-). Some people understand it in 2 days, others in 2 weeks.
 
Back