Just Cause 3 - Out Now (X1, PS4, PC)

• Thread starter Techy
  • 102 comments
My god, that guy is annoying as hell! Not very impressed by the game either. Wingsuit is cool 👍
How are you not impressed? Did you watch the video?

Blowing up mega bases + massive explosions + humongous map!

latest

I need this game.

Right now.

Looks like a lot of fun but I am so disappointed that this did not end up being a co-op campaign. :(
Especially after how much fun FC4 co-op is. Oh well maybe JC4.

Looks like a lot of fun but I am so disappointed that this did not end up being a co-op campaign. :(
Especially after how much fun FC4 co-op is. Oh well maybe JC4.
They haven't mentioned whether or not there is a co-op campaign/mode.

How are you not impressed? Did you watch the video?

Blowing up mega bases + massive explosions + humongous map!

Yes I did see the video and I even have watched severals. I got to know Avalanche due to their Mad Max game and with that I am really impressed. JC3 just fails to impress. Explosions are their but it just doesn't do it for me. The hook he uses is also quite inspirationless. I would be very quickly bored playing a game like this.

As said the wingsuit is really cool. It seems the most fun part of the game.

Just not my type of game I guess.

Yes I did see the video and I even have watched severals. I got to know Avalanche due to their Mad Max game and with that I am really impressed. JC3 just fails to impress. Explosions are their but it just doesn't do it for me. The hook he uses is also quite inspirationless. I would be very quickly bored playing a game like this.

As said the wingsuit is really cool. It seems the most fun part of the game.

Just not my type of game I guess.
I don't know how the grappling hook is "inspirationless" when only Just Cause has attempted to use the grappling hook that way. Either way it's your opinion if you think it's boring, I think this is probably the best game ever made by Avalanche.

Overview of the Reddit AMA:

Q: Did you enjoy it?
A: Hell yeah explosion

Q: Will there be a demo before release like Just Cause 2?
A: I don't know about a demo but will use my powers of puppy dog eyes to convince anyone I find.
A: Can't confirm, sorry

Q: I assume there won't be any snowy mountains, but I could be wrong. Just Cause 2 had jungles, snowy mountains, deserts and cities. Are there many different kinds of regions in Just Cause 3?
A: The only thing I'm allowed to confirm is that there is snowy mountains because I read about it in a preview before I played the game! :D
A: What Dan said, there will be various regions.

Q: Can you say if a GTX970 can run the game?
A: Nope, can't confirm anything related to that just yet.

Q: How's the voice acting? Are there terrible accents like Just Cause 2?
A: I only saw a small amount of cutscenes so I can't really comment. There was a joke that made me laugh so..... take from that what you want.

Q: How complex is the weather system? Will storms form larger waves?
A: Yes, various weather systems, the weather system and it's impact is pretty dramatic.

Q: About the Sqaure Enix Job videos: Was it completely Nerdubed's idea or did SE (Square Enix) add some stuff as well? Was everything approved immediately or did Dan have to change some things? About Just Cause 3: Why should someone who is not familiar with the franchise have to buy this game? What bug did Dan find that will never be in the game?
A: My idea! The only thing SE really added was Rob from the interview video because he wanted to be a part of it! We changed some stuff on the day (mostly due to improv), but the videos were all my original cut! You know how awesome cutscenes are in AAA games? Just Cause 3 lets you play them. I may have used one too many [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] the [REDACTED] at one point but that'll be fixed already.
A: Dan came with ideas, we brainstormed and tried to make it the best. Depends on the person. Everyone has a unique playing style and this game is all about you and what you decide to do with the tools you have.

Q: You guys jokes about problems with past Square Enix games. Were those Square Enix approved or just Dan's personal opinion? Did Square Enix reject any of the job videos?
A: Everything went through Square Enix but it all came through unscathed! They're cool people!

Q: What is the worst thing about Just Cause 3?
A: I have to wait until December to play it again.

Q: If you could choose what country Just Cause 4 would be set in, what country would that be and why?
A: The desert. OH WAIT THAT'S MAD MAX

Q: How many types of planes are available in the game? Will there be huge passenger jets and AC-130's?
A: I can confirm more than 2
A: There will be big planes

Q: Will other YouTubers and possibly streamers be able to play the game early? How many hours was Dan able to play? Is there still communication with the JC2MP team regarding to a possible JC3MP mod? Can you go into much detail into how you're going to support mods for JC3? Will you host an official mod site or have workshop suppport? Can you give details on the train in the trailer?
A: There will be more! I played for 2 hours before recording for 1 hour.
A: Yes. Quite a lot, he was with us the whole day. Not that I know of. That is something that is ongoing, we will not have Steam workshop though. It's a train, we will reveal more info when we are talking about vehicles.

Q: Top 5 improvements from JC2 to JC3?
A:
1. Wingsuit - so fun to fly around for hours!
2. Grappling hook - multiple tethers and reeling people in!
3. The map - so varied, caves and stuff too!
4. Parachute - Totally overhauled and super fun to use.
5. Thing I can't mention at the end of the tech tree - Because, wow!

Q: How is the wingsuit?
A: You know when a game really nails a thing? Like the jumping in Rocket League, shooting in Black or the drifting in Burnout? It feels like that

Q: What is your favourite aspect of Just Cause 3?
A: The wingsuit. It lets you dice with death 100% of the time!

Q: Are you worried about the game feeling less fun because of the lower diversity in towns?
A: Not even slightly worried. I've seen chunks of the tech tree and there's been lots of "Oh, what if I use this this time!" Also I spent most of my times flying in and out of towns with a wing suit trying to zip between alleys without crashing into Mrs Brown at Number 24 so it'll keep you going far longer than JC2!
A: Just to add. Dan was only shown part of Region 1. There are 3 regions and the cities are not the same everywhere.

Q: How and why did the Square Enix Job happen?
A: Because they offered to pay for my travel expenses and I had a better idea.

Q: How awesome is the game and is destroying bridges really satisfying?
A: Oh it crumbles mighty perdy.

Q: Will Just Cause 3 have an in-game radio?
A: I can't remember. But then again I was only in a car for the best part of 3 seconds the whole day so...

Q: Is there still Quick Time Events for hi-jacking enemy vehicles?
A: Gone!

Q: After playing all of the Just Cause and GTA games, which is more enjoyable to you?
A: Just Cause 2 was until GTAV came along. Just Cause 3 is going for that title.

Q: Is Just Cause 3 a good update to Just Cause 2?
A: Yes. It fixes all of the JC2 problems and adds a whole new set of tools to play with.

Q: Will cars actually be useful now?
A: Yes, they explode extremely well.

Q: What do you think about the art style? It's not exactly realistic with all the vibrant colours.
A: Realism is for people without unlimited C4.

Q: What language do they speak on the island of Medici?
A: Explosions.

Overview of the Reddit AMA:

Q: Did you enjoy it?
A: Hell yeah explosion

Q: Will there be a demo before release like Just Cause 2?
A: I don't know about a demo but will use my powers of puppy dog eyes to convince anyone I find.
A: Can't confirm, sorry

Q: I assume there won't be any snowy mountains, but I could be wrong. Just Cause 2 had jungles, snowy mountains, deserts and cities. Are there many different kinds of regions in Just Cause 3?
A: The only thing I'm allowed to confirm is that there is snowy mountains because I read about it in a preview before I played the game! :D
A: What Dan said, there will be various regions.

Q: Can you say if a GTX970 can run the game?
A: Nope, can't confirm anything related to that just yet.

Q: How's the voice acting? Are there terrible accents like Just Cause 2?
A: I only saw a small amount of cutscenes so I can't really comment. There was a joke that made me laugh so..... take from that what you want.

Q: How complex is the weather system? Will storms form larger waves?
A: Yes, various weather systems, the weather system and it's impact is pretty dramatic.

Q: About the Sqaure Enix Job videos: Was it completely Nerdubed's idea or did SE (Square Enix) add some stuff as well? Was everything approved immediately or did Dan have to change some things? About Just Cause 3: Why should someone who is not familiar with the franchise have to buy this game? What bug did Dan find that will never be in the game?
A: My idea! The only thing SE really added was Rob from the interview video because he wanted to be a part of it! We changed some stuff on the day (mostly due to improv), but the videos were all my original cut! You know how awesome cutscenes are in AAA games? Just Cause 3 lets you play them. I may have used one too many [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] the [REDACTED] at one point but that'll be fixed already.
A: Dan came with ideas, we brainstormed and tried to make it the best. Depends on the person. Everyone has a unique playing style and this game is all about you and what you decide to do with the tools you have.

Q: You guys jokes about problems with past Square Enix games. Were those Square Enix approved or just Dan's personal opinion? Did Square Enix reject any of the job videos?
A: Everything went through Square Enix but it all came through unscathed! They're cool people!

Q: What is the worst thing about Just Cause 3?
A: I have to wait until December to play it again.

Q: If you could choose what country Just Cause 4 would be set in, what country would that be and why?
A: The desert. OH WAIT THAT'S MAD MAX

Q: How many types of planes are available in the game? Will there be huge passenger jets and AC-130's?
A: I can confirm more than 2
A: There will be big planes

Q: Will other YouTubers and possibly streamers be able to play the game early? How many hours was Dan able to play? Is there still communication with the JC2MP team regarding to a possible JC3MP mod? Can you go into much detail into how you're going to support mods for JC3? Will you host an official mod site or have workshop suppport? Can you give details on the train in the trailer?
A: There will be more! I played for 2 hours before recording for 1 hour.
A: Yes. Quite a lot, he was with us the whole day. Not that I know of. That is something that is ongoing, we will not have Steam workshop though. It's a train, we will reveal more info when we are talking about vehicles.

Q: Top 5 improvements from JC2 to JC3?
A:
1. Wingsuit - so fun to fly around for hours!
2. Grappling hook - multiple tethers and reeling people in!
3. The map - so varied, caves and stuff too!
4. Parachute - Totally overhauled and super fun to use.
5. Thing I can't mention at the end of the tech tree - Because, wow!

Q: How is the wingsuit?
A: You know when a game really nails a thing? Like the jumping in Rocket League, shooting in Black or the drifting in Burnout? It feels like that

Q: What is your favourite aspect of Just Cause 3?
A: The wingsuit. It lets you dice with death 100% of the time!

Q: Are you worried about the game feeling less fun because of the lower diversity in towns?
A: Not even slightly worried. I've seen chunks of the tech tree and there's been lots of "Oh, what if I use this this time!" Also I spent most of my times flying in and out of towns with a wing suit trying to zip between alleys without crashing into Mrs Brown at Number 24 so it'll keep you going far longer than JC2!
A: Just to add. Dan was only shown part of Region 1. There are 3 regions and the cities are not the same everywhere.

Q: How and why did the Square Enix Job happen?
A: Because they offered to pay for my travel expenses and I had a better idea.

Q: How awesome is the game and is destroying bridges really satisfying?
A: Oh it crumbles mighty perdy.

Q: Will Just Cause 3 have an in-game radio?
A: I can't remember. But then again I was only in a car for the best part of 3 seconds the whole day so...

Q: Is there still Quick Time Events for hi-jacking enemy vehicles?
A: Gone!

Q: After playing all of the Just Cause and GTA games, which is more enjoyable to you?
A: Just Cause 2 was until GTAV came along. Just Cause 3 is going for that title.

Q: Is Just Cause 3 a good update to Just Cause 2?
A: Yes. It fixes all of the JC2 problems and adds a whole new set of tools to play with.

Q: Will cars actually be useful now?
A: Yes, they explode extremely well.

Q: What do you think about the art style? It's not exactly realistic with all the vibrant colours.
A: Realism is for people without unlimited C4.

Q: What language do they speak on the island of Medici?
A: Explosions.
The most useless string of answers I've ever seen.

Michael Bay Simulator 2015 release trailer

Looks sweet, just have to finish Fallout and The Witcher 3 or I'll just use it as a little diversion from said tiltles.

I am not happy with this at all so far. The controls just don't feel that good and they even left out sprint. Before I say this I already yanked out my ethernet cable and the load times still kill it. Sometimes it fast others slow for the SAME challenge. This cost me £45 £2 more than fallout 4 k feel a bit robbed at the moment

Edit. Rage quit has been induced im just gunna watch youtube with a cider now I think.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back