**Just FYI Please Read** WRS Registration Now Open

United States
Adrian, Mich.
cargorat323
CargoRatt
Last edited:
Just thought I'd give this a bump in order to try to get more people to join. I forgot to mention, in case you missed it in the articles I linked, new for GT6 is you do not have to create a new account with a GTP tag if you don't want to. You can just use your existing account. It would be nice if you flew the GTP flag, BUT IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. So please, put some serious thought into this and give it a try. You are not obligated to run every week, so if you have a busy schedule, it shouldn't be no problem. I would like to see everyone that runs these events, in the WRS for some fun and learning. There are some of the best drivers that participate there, so you could really learn a lot, I know I did. I really think you guys would really enjoy the friendly atmosphere in the WRS. So please, come on over to the bright side and give it a try. Hope to see you guys there....even you Dalone. :)

Yeah I'm gunna join I will submit my entry soon.

Cool, just make sure you give the qualifier an honest effort so that you'll be placed in the appropriate division. The general rule of thumb is to spend as much time on the qualifier as you would doing the weekly time trials as sandbagging is very much frowned upon. Look forward to competing with you and congrats on your decision to join. :cheers:

I will submit an entry. Does anyone know if multiple accounts can access playstation plus? I was hoping to start a GTP__account. Also, I do not see a search option in the forum at this time. I was hoping to see a database of already taken GTP names so as not to step on any toes.

I will submit an entry. Does anyone know if multiple accounts can access playstation plus? I was hoping to start a GTP__account. Also, I do not see a search option in the forum at this time. I was hoping to see a database of already taken GTP names so as not to step on any toes.

Try this page. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/members/

Search function is at the top right hand corner if you want to see if a name is already taken.

Was about to submit my times but I've decided to run with a gtp tag and keep my tts,event separate from my mates I race online with nothing more frustrating than trying to run a good session on a TT with constant invites to races and other games

Was about to submit my times but I've decided to run with a gtp tag and keep my tts,event separate from my mates I race online with nothing more frustrating than trying to run a good session on a TT with constant invites to races and other games

That's cool that you decided to fly a GTP tag even though its not required. Much respect for your decision, it means a lot to us in the WRS to see people flying the tag and representing the WRS. :gtpflag:

yea im new to whole thing but working on learning how everything works and try be active member on here and GT6 i been working on my TT and going upload them in week or so before deadline im happy i found this site and can become apart of it i plan on being more apart of it and being long time active member

That's cool that you decided to fly a GTP tag even though its not required. Much respect for your decision, it means a lot to us in the WRS to see people flying the tag and representing the WRS. :gtpflag:
Thanks cargo means a lot coming from such a active gtp member
Well I've done my two lap times managed to improve by 0.2 on willow springs from my old account time and 0.3 on brands hatch I would love to spend another day at it but due back at work tomorrow but I've given it 100% so I just wait and see we're I get placed

Thanks cargo means a lot coming from such a active gtp member
Well I've done my two lap times managed to improve by 0.2 on willow springs from my old account time and 0.3 on brands hatch I would love to spend another day at it but due back at work tomorrow but I've given it 100% so I just wait and see we're I get placed

That's all you can do and all that is asked of you, and every other WRS member, is to give it 100% and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck to you and hope you get placed in the division you deserve. :cheers:

Let me take this time to again ask that anyone who is still on the fence about joining the WRS, please give it some serious thought and come on in and join us. As I've said before, no GTP tag is necessary and you are not obligated to compete every week. You can do the TT's and/or the weekly races at your own leisure or whenever you have the time, just like you do here in these TT's. So please, come on and join the greatest community here on the "Planet", I promise you won't regret it. It really is like a brotherhood where everyone is treated as equals, no matter what your skill level is. It is also a great place to learn and improve your skills if you so desire. See you all on the track. Peace.

I haven't looked, but I assume there is an option to export out best lap on the replay system? If I'm running 30 laps you obviously don't want the whole file. I'm seriously considering joining this, for the online races...are these rooms password protected? Is it only WRS members in the rooms on Wednesday nights?

Edit:

Nevermind, I've watched the tutorial video, I see where the option is. I will sign up for this.

Last edited:
OK, so having thought about it for a while, I just submitted my files. I was daunted by the export/upload but it turned out to be easy, after watching the youtube video explaining it all. Thanks for setting that up.
So I look forward to being placed in a league and fighting my way up a division

See you all in a few weeks :)

I would love to be a part of this comunity. Hope my crappy Internett connection don`t ruin it for me.

Last edited:
I would love to be a part of this comunity. Hope my crappy Internett connection ruin it for me.

Would love to have you my friend. 👍 There is still time to register if you are still wanting to do so. You can always register later if you don't make it by the initial deadline, you just can't take part in the events until you do so. Hope to see you there....and anyone else still on the fence. Come on in, the waters fine. 👍

Would love to have you my friend. 👍 There is still time to register if you are still wanting to do so. You can always register later if you don't make it by the initial deadline, you just can't take part in the events until you do so. Hope to see you there....and anyone else still on the fence. Come on in, the waters fine. 👍

Feel like a total idiot here,but i`ll ask anyway... : where do i sign up?:confused:
Been playing GT6 all night :cool:,and this old man is now pretty tired/empty headed.:ouch:
Maybe because it`s 06.00 in Norway.... yawn...:gtpflag:

Cargo or someone: Can you please explain to a rather thick person, what exactly the WRS is? From looking through the registry discussion thread, I am to assume it is, essentially, a community within a community (ie WRS within GTP)? Do you have like your own area for just GTP registry drivers? Is it just time trials or online races as well? I like the idea of weekly time trials, even though I am not that good but I am reluctant on online racing of any kind due to my knack of braking too late and hitting things (wouldn't want to p*** people off by crashing into them due to my own inattention). The idea of divisions and such is also appealing...mainly because I usually rank like 12,000 or less in the seasonal time trials lol, so I'd have a chance of being a bit higher!

I'm going to have a go with the tracks/cars later and see how I get on. I know it's only 3 days till initial submissions over but, frankly, I usually set my best times fairly quickly anyway. Thanks. Oh, and the optional GTP tag...if I wanted to add that, would I need to change the username on my game, PS3 system, this forum or all three? Thanks for any assistance

Cargo or someone: Can you please explain to a rather thick person, what exactly the WRS is? From looking through the registry discussion thread, I am to assume it is, essentially, a community within a community (ie WRS within GTP)? Do you have like your own area for just GTP registry drivers? Is it just time trials or online races as well? I like the idea of weekly time trials, even though I am not that good but I am reluctant on online racing of any kind due to my knack of braking too late and hitting things (wouldn't want to p*** people off by crashing into them due to my own inattention). The idea of divisions and such is also appealing...mainly because I usually rank like 12,000 or less in the seasonal time trials lol, so I'd have a chance of being a bit higher!

I'm going to have a go with the tracks/cars later and see how I get on. I know it's only 3 days till initial submissions over but, frankly, I usually set my best times fairly quickly anyway. Thanks. Oh, and the optional GTP tag...if I wanted to add that, would I need to change the username on my game, PS3 system, this forum or all three? Thanks for any assistance

Yes, the WRS is, in a sense, a community within a community. We have weekly time trial events as well as weekly races. To get a better understanding of just what the WRS is, please see the following links.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_registry-qualifier-gt6-submission-open.294799/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_registry-discussion-thread-gt6.294750/

If you have any further questions, you can direct them to EDK as he is the main guy behind this great community and can answer any further questions you may have.

You can also check out this main link. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-time-trials.117/

Hope you decide to join. As I've said many times before, its a great community and its members have helped me out tremendously in improving my skill set, not to mention all the fun I've had while doing so. Hope to see you there my friend. 👍

Thanks for the reply Cargo. I will definitely give it some serious consideration..providing I can manage clean laps on the time trial qualifiers lol

Thank you very much... looking forward too this... hope i don`t get in last place ;-)

You're welcome. I wouldn't worry about coming in last place, nobody will frown on you for that. Its a learning experience first and foremost, as we are all there to learn and become better racers. In GT5, I started out in D4 Bronze and worked my way up to D2 Bronze, that's how much I learned and improved my skill set, thanks in large part to the WRS. (And a good amount of practice on my part.) So yea, don't worry about where you start out at, everybody has to start somewhere. Looking forward to seeing you there. :cheers:

Thank you very much... looking forward too this... hope i don`t get in last place ;-)

Don't worry Ronny....last place has been guaranteed to be mine (I paid a significant sum of money for that honour :P). Seriously though, the WRS, as Cargo has said, is more about the taking part (well, for most anyway lol) and the community and learning from others to improve yourself as a driver

Back