Just got Forza 5 but no Xbox one

• Thread starter symo63
  • 35 comments
Australia
VIC
theroy1963
symo63
I just picked up a copy of Forza 5 as a xmas present from my wife as she didn't know what to get me. The thing is I don't have an xbox one as yet. I know you are probably wondering what a fool but there is a method in my madness. By me getting the game that can only be played on the xbox one I will now have to get one, without any issue....oh gee....lol

Same boat here. Wanted the LCE, but wasn't waiting to finally find a One before buying a copy, so I got it first. Still waiting on that One, though....

Yeah, it took me a couple of weeks to find a console after getting the game as they were in pretty short supply around here. Hope you get sorted for the Xmas break.

The LCE is also well worth it in terms of freebies and accelerated career advancement.

I was expecting to wait and the hand of fate saw me get my One on the second day. Forza 5 isn't being needlessly hyped on here. It really is that good on track.

That's not Amazon themselves, it's some scalper attempting to take advantage of the desperate in Amazon marketplace. If MS could make a One console available to everyone who had a copy of Forza right now I bet they'd have a better console launch in terms of numbers. Hopefully things will be better in January.
I cant find any cheaper deals on amazon. If you find one can you post it here?

Yes the sales wont balance out for a couple months until Microsoft actually produces all the X1 systems that have been ordered.

I cant find any cheaper deals on amazon. If you find one can you post it here?
I didn't say there were any. They've completely run out of the basic package like most everyone else. The item you linked to was a small or private seller attempting to make profit.

I didn't say there were any. They've completely run out.
Right that's what I thought. The TRUE X1 sales wont be available until sometime next year when Microsoft finally makes enough consoles to keep up with the demand. They have actually sold more than they have produced.

The X1 is selling out so fast Microsoft is having a hard time keeping up with the sales. So while I congratulate you for getting F5, good luck getting the X1 for a decent deal right now.

The deal at Best Buy seems pretty good but its online only. About $559.00 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xbox-on...?id=pcmprd216700050002&skuId=9999217800050002

Its over $749.00 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console/dp/B00CMQTVUA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386940525&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox one

Keep an eye on your local GameStop.

I did a walkup purchase of a basic $499 unit on Tuesday evening I believe.

The Houston GameStop's are getting regular XBone deliveries each week - have the guy call you when the truck arrives.

There are still "true" X - ones for sale if you know where to look or get lucky when the next order is in. I just finally ordered mine this morning through the Base Exchange. :D

Just keep your eyes peeled. Stores are still getting them in stock regularly, they just run out quickly. There's actually websites out there that scrape sites and notify you when they become available for purchase.

I got mine from Newegg - they run out pretty quick but seem to have the replenished every few days. So far digging it - the snap feature is a lot more useful than I expected it to be.

Last edited:
OK, what's the difference between these $500 and $700 units?

I think the "XBone" was locked in at $500. What's this then?
Speculator profit due to limited availability of the console. Unless you can find it in a store or online at the original price I would wait until January 8 when Amazon get new stock.

me too ... got the LCE on release day... earning Forza rewards since they were online... an got a XB1 today... YAY!

edit: okay ... got Forza, but no (working) xbox one ..... "xbox doesn't swich on"-issue :grumpy:

Last edited:
Back