Just got GTPSP

• Thread starter scullyus
  • 34 comments
scullyus
It has the old tracks. I love that it does. Played it more than GT5 in the past week. I was missing apricot hill and midfield. havent stopped driving them.

GT PSP is a wonderful game isn't it? :)
I would get back to it for a while if I could just find my PSP Go. :(

Have fun in the game. 👍

I dont think im fast enough tbh. let me practice and ill give it a go. its useful as i dont have access to my ps3 most of the week. and that course is great. have only raced it once tho.

GT-PSP isn't any harder to figure-out than GT5. Unlock "SUPER"-Level for all those tracks. PS-Store makes the add-on of the Bugatti- running without (Same Manufacturer) allows the Veyron to Launch against a field of Citreons- the EASY-WIN in most Single-Lap events. After you win any track past "S" you're on-yer-own.

The core object, like GT5: is to COLLECT CARS~Earn Money. There's no GIFTS in GT-PSP, so be prepared to Drive, ALOT. Once is Not-Enough on these Courses/Tracks. The FUN comes in deciding when you swap from a "Beloved Ride" to- the Car You Need+That Car can BEAT IT-SELF. Once you unlock a track at "Super"- you can to BRING-THE-PERFECTION to your own driving.

Dealers circle around, like vultures- it seems every dealer wants your Hard-Earned Million-Dollars. some want 4,000,000... say The BENTLEY. Sarthe becomes availible for 100k per-Lap WIN. With good driving that's 40 consecutive Wins. The OTHER CARS like the GT500 class start at 1-million, Ten Laps of Sarthe equals less than One-Hour. *If you get 3:33 Rolling in GT5, don't be ashamed of a 3:40 with the same car on the PSP*

The KEY is Hybrid-Controlling... switching from the NUB for high-cornering, to the D-Pad (shift your L-Thumb up) for slight-input during straights, BACK TO The Nub for hard-braking/rapid-steering exits... then seemlessly D-Padding your launch- sometimes Tap-Feathering the Throttle.
Tap-Throttle seems more important than Tap-Braking to me. Tapping speed DOWN represents a lack of Track-Anticipation, you should know where to BRAKE-HARD on a track, then know where to Soften-Your Acceleration to meet the Course demands. It's pretty Fun and Entertaining.

I'd like to see a GT-PSP league, even though I'm sure I'd suck and probably finish 2nd-to-Last ahead of the Pace-Car. Unfamiliar tracks I use the HOOD-VIEW with the widest periphery, tracks I know; the WHOLE-CAR for the Mad-Max-Approach when I need to Fence-Post the fastest guy in-order to Win.

+ 1 Gridpoint!
good guy, worthwhile post.
:)

I started the game, did a few challenges, won a few races and bought for my driving pleasure a Stratos stradale, i then went straight on to 'S' classing every dirt and snow track..

Can't believe the release (and current) version of GT5 comes with no cathedral rocks and no costa di amalfi or citta di aria!

I still tap control both break and accelerate in GT5 too.

Last edited:
I had GT PSP when I had my PSP and I had the Chevorlet Corvette C5-R and the BMW V12 LMR, and if you want to make money just do 2 lap races on test track or any track if you want :)

What I did was use my starting car (Honda fit :grumpy:) Go onto Nurburgring, and just do 1 lap races over and over again. Luckily the computer's cars didn't change when the difficulty changed so I had the advantage. Got up to 2 million and bought myself a Lancia Stratos Rally Car. 👍
Best thing to do for starting GT PSP.

EliteDreamer
What I did was use my starting car (Honda fit :grumpy:) Go onto Nurburgring, and just do 1 lap races over and over again. Luckily the computer's cars didn't change when the difficulty changed so I had the advantage. Got up to 2 million and bought myself a Lancia Stratos Rally Car. 👍

My first car was a Mini Cooper :)

Everybody misses the old tracks that didn't appear in GT5. Luckily I got my modded PSP 2000 and got GT on my Memory stick with CWCheat(where I now got 999.999.999 Credits and I can remove credit limit, have all gold trophies and get all the cars and etc)

I think the best thing to start GTPSP is completing the licenses/trophies, at least the first page (I miss 3 tests right now) with gold. Doing so will strongly improve your driving techinque while giving you the money to buy some decent cars. When you get tired of the licenses, you have plenty of money to start the real game and buy whatever you want.

I havent played my PSP for ages, but am considering getting GTPSP to start using it again.

The problem is when I was playing F1 2009 on PSP while on the Bus on my way to work, it was very hard to play. I mean, the bus is aways braking, turning, bumping and stoping, and all this movement is really confusing to play a racing game properly. I just couldnt.

Is it just me or do you guys suffer to play it on a bus too?

hahaha man I'm the same way . . . except for some reason I can play in the cab of the family diesel truck when we have the camper on it . . . the camper bounces so obnoxiously that my brain "tunes out" all the movement, which includes the braking cornering and accellerating, so I AM able to focus on the race . . . but nothing like a drift time trial or F1 just sports cars S rank with S tires . . .

Could somebody tell me if there's a trade feature between GTPSP and GT5. I heard you can send cars from the PSP to the PS3, is it true? And what about the opposite? And one last, are there cars in GTPSP that aren't in the GT5 version?

There is an import feature from GTpsp to GT5. Not the other way around.

To the best of my knowledge, all cars from GTpsp are also in GT5.

got this game a couple days ago, and I gotta say, i'm loving it as well. managed to get myself a few awesome cars like the Nissan GT-R Specv, the Mazda Furai, the Bugatti Veyron and the Lamborghini Countach 25th anniversary. the challenges are pretty fun to do, not too long like GT4's "drive around the Nürburgring and fail in the last couple corners so you have to do it all AGAIN". it also gained me some quick cash, which is nice, and i'm just loving the drift mode

hope to have even more fun with this game, as soon as I get the Citroën Concept by GT and the Ferrarity F2007 :D

Last edited:
I've been playing the game for a while, and it's the best racing game on the PSP imo. Even with the absence of a Simulation mode, it still is fun. The driving challenges and drift modes still make the game fun!

It's more of a collect-and-drive type of racing game rather than a live-a-racer's-life game.

Back