Just let me drive.

• Thread starter Staquix
  • 24 comments
United States
Austin, TX
I don't want rain all the time. I don't want to do a race with ridiculous, immersion breaking tire and fuel multipliers all the time. I don't want to get jack squat in credit returns for driving how, what, and were I want to drive. I don't want to drive the same events over and over just to make a buck. There is not that much to compel me to play this game now that I'm board to death with the events in there current state.

Uncork the custom race money and let us drive the way we want to and get some credits for it or watch this game die. This game should adopt a payout per mile with a car PP multiplier across the board. It should also ditch the easy vs hard track payouts and make them the same also. Why is this so complicated? If players want to run a Lamborghini around an ovel and play with top speeds guess what? We are playing the game. Shouldn't that be the goal here? Keep players playing? If players are playing the cash is flowing. If you corner players in to this 10 events that pay and 100 that don't players get board and leave. When players get board and leave no cash flows. Nobody pays money for a game they are not playing.

I stopped playing last week. For the same reasons.

The 20 million dollar cars are a joke.

What most don't realize is that quantity dictates price because of rarity. When you have unlimited amount of digital cars (timed selling window at Hagerty, not a quantity amount). That sense of rarity and value are gone. When everyone can buy that same car it's value is effectively zero. Especially when you can't sell it.

It's daylight robbery at its finest. And all the young teenagers on this board who cannot understand such a simple insult by a company are doomed. Blinded by stupidity.

If anything the game box should of been black. With big white letters saying f#% you.

It should also ditch the easy vs hard track payouts and make them the same also.
Hm, yes, a race on Broad Bean raceway for the sunday cup should give the same reward as a 12 laps race for the endgame championships around Sardegna.
If you are referring to the circuit experiences, the same applies here - the Nordschleife one is obviously going to pay more than Northern Isle Speedway since it's way, way harder to complete. Having higher rewards for higher effort races/circuit experiences it's kinda expected, for me.

Edit: grammar.

Last edited:
Hm, yes, a race on Broad Bean raceway for the sunday cup should give the same reward as a 12 laps race for the endgame championships around Sardegna.
If you are referring to the circuit experiences, the same applies here - the Nordschleife one is obviously going to pay more than Northern Isle Speedway since it's way, way harder to complete. Having higher rewards for higher effort races/circuit experiences it's kinda expected, for me.

Edit: grammar.
My main point on that statement if they need to shift from an effort per payout to a time per payout model. Effort is subjective time is not. 15 laps a BB is the same time as one lap on Nord.

Last edited:
Yes, we should have races on every track at 600, 700 and 800 similar to the current Sardegna road WTC 800 race, i.e. nice sunny constant conditions and with a worthwhile rate of credit payout. By all means have random rubbish weather races as well, but the constant sunny conditions races should all exist as a starting point.

Last edited:
I wish there was a test and tune option in the garage, as soon as you pick the car you want to drive, a test and tune option. Can drive it on any track you pick. Also testing on the fly while at the race track when paused. Forza Motorsports has this.

After your initial outlay, it is very possible to play without paying. Your first post didn't mention anything about micro transactions, and seemed more concerned with rain and tyre/fuel multipliers.
I agree there is no need to pay to play this game. On GT7's current course they are going to loose players and lost players don't buy mtx at all. Given there meta score at the moment I doubt they are going to attract many new players unless there are drastic changes.

The thing that drives me crazy is that I can't drive any of the cars to their top potential. The pp requirements are ridiculous. I have to nerf every car to race it. There are only 4 Gr.4 cars that you can race in Gr.4 events without nerfing them. Although 3 of them if you tune them, you go over the limit. So really, there's only 1 Gr.4 car that you don't have to nerf. I got so many cool cars that I have yet to race at their full potential because the pp system makes me destroy the cars if I want to race then for any semi-decent amount of credits.

The thing that drives me crazy is that I can't drive any of the cars to their top potential. The pp requirements are ridiculous. I have to nerf every car to race it. There are only 4 Gr.4 cars that you can race in Gr.4 events without nerfing them. Although 3 of them if you tune them, you go over the limit. So really, there's only 1 Gr.4 car that you don't have to nerf. I got so many cool cars that I have yet to race at their full potential because the pp system makes me destroy the cars if I want to race then for any semi-decent amount of credits.
This is very true.
Half the cars I have are tuned up or down to 600 or 700 PP to comply with the events that pay something. By the time the car complies to the event restrictions they all feel basically the same so whats the point of buying more cars for the same events.

This is the first GT game that made me want to quit playing. There are so many things wrong with it that I'm having very little fun, and fun is what keeps me coming back. The game is so overly-intricate that it makes me long for simplicity and blue skies, and not something shoved down my throat, let me do what I want to do.

Worst GT game in history IMO. And I'm still literally furious at the fact that the idiot samba bus is still here, but I can't buy a damn Lotus Elise.

That's exactly it, you said it all. MC score is not a coincidence, it's just the same again. Can you imagine other flagship title with so low score? There must a reason for it...

Drive the cars? 🤷‍♂️
Cars cost money though? Which means you need to do the few well-paying events or waste tons of time driving cars you don't want to?

The whole point of this thread was that they want to drive the cars the way they want to, and that there's no reason the game pays so little for playing outside of the pre-set ways the developers chose for us?

We clearly do want to DrIvE tHe CaRs as you keep suggesting every time someone brings this up, we just want more freedom to do so?

Edit: I forgot the thread is even titled "Just let me drive."

Last edited:
Once you complete the Cafe books. all the tracks in world circuit should have the national/continent limitations removed.

I want to take my 02 nsx to brands hatch 600pp. Nope. Sorry.

Maybe my viper gts at fuji speedway 600pp. Nope sorry.

Lamborghini aventador at Daytona road course 600ppish . Nope .

Last edited:
That's sadly true. I hope they will bring new races where we will be able to use more of our high ends cars without detuning them like crazy to shoehorn them in existing events at the moment.

There should be events for all types of cars OR at least a decent payout in custom races (but as a player I am not interested in building missing parts of the game myself to fill the gaps left by the devs)

More events and a better UI for navigating around the events. Having to go as deep as the track to then see which events are present is nuts. I want to be able to select a level/class of cars and see all events that are available for that type of car or the level (Beginner, Intermediate, Pro, Endurance, for example).

Once you complete the Cafe books. all the tracks in world circuit should have the national/continent limitations removed.

I want to take my 02 nsx to brands hatch 600pp. Nope. Sorry.

Maybe my viper gts at fuji speedway 600pp. Nope sorry.

Lamborghini aventador at Daytona road course 600ppish . Nope .
I disagree, but only because I think events without those limitations should exist separately.

He meant there are no races in a racing game which is true. You can't use your cars at all. How hard it is to create about 100 races with different rules? Maybe they have 6 years for it?
The post only asked for restrictions to be removed on the events. I'd prefer to keep those restrictions on those events, while also creating new events without those restrictions. I am directly stating I want more events.

The post only asked for restrictions to be removed on the events. I'd prefer to keep those restrictions on those events, while also creating new events without those restrictions. I am directly stating I want more events.
Yes, restrictions are not the problem, I like them. But I need 5 more races with different ones... and maybe one completely open. For instance, Daytona, I would like to master the track but with what? 700 PP american car? Not so good for learning. :D

This is the first GT game that made me want to quit playing. There are so many things wrong with it that I'm having very little fun, and fun is what keeps me coming back. The game is so overly-intricate that it makes me long for simplicity and blue skies, and not something shoved down my throat, let me do what I want to do.

Worst GT game in history IMO. And I'm still literally furious at the fact that the idiot samba bus is still here, but I can't buy a damn Lotus Elise.
I’m kind of with you on this. I’m trying everything on the Hardest difficulty having found GT Sport a bit to easy and after blasting fairly quickly through the Cafe books and the early races what remains is a bit ridiculous in terms of its game play.

Whoever thought that Invitations to buy the more expensive cars was a good idea should be sacked. Totally unnecessary addition to the game. I’m not sure the Legends Garage is worthwhile or adds anything other than frustration to the game either.

First GT game (I’ve had them all) that I can say I’m not really enjoying at the moment. The twitchy handling physics isn’t helping much either.

Back