Just when we thought the bird was grounded... Falcon trademark filed in Mexico

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 154 comments
Why did they make the back look older than a seven year old Mondeo? Ford Australia always puzzles me...

Ford would tell you to go buy a Taurus SHO...I think we'd laugh at the idea.
Oh yeah. Its sad the Taurus SHO on paper sounds great AWD TT V6 385hp. But its to heavy and to refined for lack of a better word. I didn't like the one I drove as well it was very underwhelming.

Just saw one in Coburg and followed it to Bundoora :) Sounded awesome when he revved it!!! IIII might have to change my mind. Last of the V8s you know...
QDDyIb3.jpg

DD3Ojwj.jpg
klrK6g4.jpg

ToeUpUO.jpg

Just saw one in Coburg and followed it to Bundoora :) Sounded awesome when he revved it!!! IIII might have to change my mind. Last of the V8s you know...
QDDyIb3.jpg

DD3Ojwj.jpg
klrK6g4.jpg

ToeUpUO.jpg
Looks great from the rear angle, the front though reminds me very much of the Fusion and new mustang, I like it to an extent it's growing on me, especially if all I get to see is the first image. Looking at it dead on is a bit of a task for me right now.

That orange pic in the op doesn't do it justice from that angle. It looks and sounds like an Aston Martin when revved up. I saw a Rapide the day before. The falcon looks like its in that family of AM more than it does a Mondeo or Fiesta to me. We'll see how it looks in red and if Ford offer the XR8 in Velocity(light metallic blue like my old '05 XR8) or Phantom(purple).

Surely a chance for Hyundai to bring their Genesis - if it hasn't already - to Australia and make their own sports versions?

The Genesis is here already. I've seen a few on the road. I don't think anyone even knows it's a V8. but dang, it's really happening. Sad to see the Falcon end.

Some HSV/FPV style upgrades and styling could really work a treat for Hyundai, then. Get them into V8 Supercars via the teams who currently run Ford and Holden cars and I bet the public would know about them real fast.

I'm sad to see Australia's long running brawny saloons ending, too. Getting the R8 and GTS here as well as the Monaro via Vauxhall, I love these cars and what they offer.

Is it Hyundai that are making an "M" brand sports division? Sounds ripe to definitely capitalize on a performance variant for past V8 buyers.

Hyundai's performance division was called N, if I recall correctly.

Anyway, I can see the reason why they think that other Ford cars can replace the Falcon, but it would have been nice to have at least some kind of limited edition performance Falcon in European market before it dies.

I'm just surprised the Falcon never featured in SEMA. Not even as an import to race in SCCA or IMSA. Even the R34 saw some duty in Speed World Challenge back in the day. Nothing from Roush or Saleen or Steeda or Kenny Brown.

The only time I saw any article in the states about the Falcon, was in Automobile Magazine. It was the AU XR8. Other than that, not even a showdown of Camaro vs Mustang vs Commodore vs Falcon. Just imagine...

Status or street cred? I'd head to head Mustangs and Falcons from 1987-today. Only when the Mustang GT gets to 2005, is when it's in the same league as the Falcon GT(I'm excluding the F6 and Shelby Mustangs for a reason). As a North American, I knew of Skylines since 1989. Australia grew up with them. The Falcon was dead and buried in the USA until I started seeing V8SC on Speedvision.

And at a time when teams were able to run AWD in World Challenge(RS6, A4 Quattro, R34), MotorEx were just importing Skylines. The racing world knew of Falcons from visiting Bathurst and surfers. The USA buying public unfortunately did not.

Makes me also wonder if the V8SC can be used in a USA series like the RX8 GT is used in the Bathurst 12H. I wouldn't be surprised if people start buying them to do club races in the USA.

Any way, Australia need to buy the Mustang. If it's selling well, who knows, we may see a new Falcon in the future.

klrK6g4.jpg
For an instand, I thought that girl was driving but than I remembered. The steering wheel is at the wrong side of the car.

:D

For an instand, I thought that girl was driving but than I remembered. The steering wheel is at the wrong side of the car.

:D

I used to think that before moving here. Then you know, I see having the upper gears closer to me when shifting, makes sense. ;)

Back