Kamui Kobayashi Shows You How to Drive the Nurburgring GP Circuit in GT Sport

I'm amazed at how much it can grip while at the same go 200+ mph without fuss.

One thing that would be nice is a gauge to see the hybrid power, unless it's something visible and I'm just blind.

Who do you have to kill to get that setup??? :lol: I WANT!!!

Seriously though, he made look so easy in that video. Can't wait to try one out in game... the TS050 is probably the one car I NEED to give a go with.

Cheers

Kamui did142.765 on GTS, and set pole with a138.118 in qualifying during the 6 Hours of Nürburgring. Pretty big difference, but I doubt he spent much time or tried too hard on GTS.

Last edited:
Kamui did142.765 on GTS, and set pole with a138.118 in qualifying during the 6 Hours of Nürburgring. Pretty big difference, but I doubt he spent much time or tried too hard on GTS.

Is it the exact same layout in GTS that was driven at the WEC? Sometimes the last chicane is a bit different. We should also bear in mind that for many race drivers it is easier to do a fast lap in their race car then in a game. Obviously, the race car in reality gives far more feedback then any console game. Oh, and Kamui is quite an expert when it comes to lap times that shouldn't even be possible, according to Toyotas computer simulations.

Is it the exact same layout in GTS that was driven at the WEC? Sometimes the last chicane is a bit different. We should also bear in mind that for many race drivers it is easier to do a fast lap in their race car then in a game. Obviously, the race car in reality gives far more feedback then any console game. Oh, and Kamui is quite an expert when it comes to lap times that shouldn't even be possible, according to Toyotas computer simulations.
True. I'm not entirely sure which version of the chicane is used in WEC. Also, I realized after I made the post that GTS has the 2016 TS050, so the 2017 qualifying time isn't a direct comparison. Kamui's #6 Toyota did a 1:40.639 in 2016, but I'm not sure which driver set the time.

You obviously didn't watch the video very closely he set a 1.40.186 and not a 1.42 also that 1 38 qualifying time was in the 2017 car I'm pretty which is faster than the 2016 car which is the one we have in GT Sport.

99% sure the WEC layout doesn't use the bus stop chicane. In iRacing, you can choose the WEC layout which uses the alternate faster chicane.

I could be wrong

Last edited:
The slower one it is (today)

and in 2016 as well

The 2015 competition utilized the faster chicane (pole position times were in the 1:36 range)

Last edited:
Sure that cool video with professional teacher, they need to film more like that with different race drivers whose given advices how to drive at every track. It will looks like an a race camp with you attendens:gtplanet::D:D:D:lol::lol:

Back