Kaz on the future of GT5.

  • Thread starter Thread starter spapadillion
  • 31 comments
  • 5,115 views
Messages
300
Messages
spapadillion
"@Kaz_Yamauchi: Global hosting services in North America GT5 online will be continue gran-turismo.com/jp/ will be stopped. Studio server is shut down most of the Polyphony Digital the light is gone."

From twitter via google translator. I posted this in the 'kaz tweets' section as well, but felt it might deserve its own thread.
 
no worries... online gaming will contiune but the website might go down for a little bit
 
I can see GT5 not having many updates now for the foreseeable future.
With sporadic power blackouts, the government advising people not to travel and PD workers affected by the devastating events, I can't see how a video game, no matter how 'AAA' is high on many peoples priorities inside Japan right now.

Perhaps if Sony see fit in the future they can shift the development of GT5 updates/patches to other global Sony studios until PD is ready to resume day to day operations.

There will of course be the absent minded, selfish individuals who demand they continue with updating GT5 but it's up to the people at Sony, PD and Japan in general as to how quickly life can resume some normality as Japan slowly rebuilds itself, bit by bit.

¥
 
Perhaps if Sony see fit in the future they can shift the development of GT5 updates/patches to other global Sony studios until PD is ready to resume day to day operations.

I wonder if they could do this just to create a DLC where all money raised will go to Japan's aid? Maybe a few Japan themed cars or something. I doubt PD wants someone else working on GT5, but just adding a livery to a few cars shouldnt be a problem.
 
I wonder if they could do this just to create a DLC where all money raised will go to Japan's aid? Maybe a few Japan themed cars or something. I doubt PD wants someone else working on GT5, but just adding a livery to a few cars shouldnt be a problem.

lol, a bright idea for fund-raising. :)
 
I wonder if they could do this just to create a DLC where all money raised will go to Japan's aid? Maybe a few Japan themed cars or something. I doubt PD wants someone else working on GT5, but just adding a livery to a few cars shouldnt be a problem.

That's not a bad idea.

I sat watching the news yesterday and was overwhelmed. I just wanted to help, even if it was clearing rubble.
 
"I wonder if they could do this just to create a DLC where all money raised will go to Japan's aid?"

^^^ I like this idea !!
 
I wonder if they could do this just to create a DLC where all money raised will go to Japan's aid? Maybe a few Japan themed cars or something. I doubt PD wants someone else working on GT5, but just adding a livery to a few cars shouldnt be a problem.

Yes! Lets make these poor suffereing people with more important things to deal with, work to create DLC, just to get a bit of money for the country! :ouch::grumpy::yuck:
 
Yes! Lets make these poor suffereing people with more important things to deal with, work to create DLC, just to get a bit of money for the country! :ouch::grumpy::yuck:

You need to re-read the original post. I was replying to someone who was suggesting to move the development of GT5 to another Sony office in another country.
 
You need to re-read the original post. I was replying to someone who was suggesting to move the development of GT5 to another Sony office in another country.

Either way, there's a big long thread already where people are debating this same exact DLC idea that you dragged into this thread, so maybe you should take it there.
 
Yes! Lets make these poor suffereing people with more important things to deal with, work to create DLC, just to get a bit of money for the country! :ouch::grumpy::yuck:

Read. Ponder. Reply... in that order. Now try again.
 
Either way, there's a big long thread already where people are debating this same exact DLC idea that you dragged into this thread, so maybe you should take it there.

Oh, really? I thought I was being original, damn. :lol: This one stops here then. 👍
 
Kaz, Sony, put a Donation page on the PSN store already, wth?

& NO NEED FOR DLC in return, just donate.
 
Kaz, Sony, put a Donation page on the PSN store already, wth?

& NO NEED FOR DLC in return, just donate.

There are plenty of places you can donte to the relief fund already, no need to wait for Sony to ask for it.
 
I think Sony and PD can power through this disaster, I don't see why they need to move out of Japan, but from my understanding, both of the companies are doing well, they just have to deal with the rolling blackouts.
 
The sad thing is people are still going to talk about the trade limit and other stupid things and how PD should get off there asses and do something.. Other things in the world are way more important then GT5.
 
The sad thing is people are still going to talk about the trade limit and other stupid things and how PD should get off there asses and do something.. Other things in the world are way more important then GT5.

Life goes on. It is unfortunate, but I think the general sense right now is that PD needs to be cut some slack. I also think that most of the people on this board will be willing to give them that. PD employees will have families in the affected areas and that needs to come first. The priority here is making sure everyone is ok and tending to those who are not. I read this morning where 1,000 bodies have washed up on shore. Terrible...

However, after a few weeks, if PD is still blaming things on the earthquake people are going to question that. I don't think their offices were in the affected areas for certain. The rolling blackouts will be a headache, but not insurmountable. But in a way, if people aren't willing to cut them that slack, they have themselves to blame. After the shoddy way they released the game and the bipolar way they have gone about fixing it, they have lost a lot of trust with their fan base. I'm not saying whether it's justified or not; just that it's there.
 
I wonder if they could do this just to create a DLC where all money raised will go to Japan's aid? Maybe a few Japan themed cars or something. I doubt PD wants someone else working on GT5, but just adding a livery to a few cars shouldnt be a problem.

Great idea! I don't buy DLC myself, I feel like it's just another way to nickel and dime gamers, but I would buy tons of DLC if the money went to help Japan recover.
 
Either way, there's a big long thread already where people are debating this same exact DLC idea that you dragged into this thread, so maybe you should take it there.

No need to be an asshole about it. This was just a thought he had. He was unaware that a thread existed on it.


:irked: I better make sure I look at every thread and do a thorough search before I make a comment about ANYTHING. :irked:
 
Square Enix shut down all online servers for 2 weeks in Japan... things have to be done due to the earthquake... no biggie...
 
Considering this news and that this is related to the earthquake, I'm willing to wait awhile before anything new gets added to the game. I'll still try to give out suggestions for the game, but when it comes to discussing the game, I'll try to focus on other stuffs and the suggestions will be kept to a minimal.
 
I don't think their offices were in the affected areas for certain. The rolling blackouts will be a headache, but not insurmountable. But in a way, if people aren't willing to cut them that slack, they have themselves to blame.

My company is in Tokyo. Like PD it's not in the affected areas. BUT.

Public transportation in many areas will be closed as a result of the rolling power blackouts. Many employees are working from home when they can. AND.

Our factories which are not even in Tokyo but about 100 miles further away will be closed as a result of the rolling blackouts.

I don't think PD were to blame for anything, before of after the earthquake. People just need to stop complaining and learn to take PD's effort with a gratitude.
 
Why should we pay/donate money for Japan? They are like 2nd richest country in the planet. And we all should pray for Japan,because that definitely will help a lot.
 
Why should we pay/donate money for Japan? They are like 2nd richest country in the planet. And we all should pray for Japan,because that definitely will help a lot.

This post makes a lot of sense. Why should we donate in the US? We are the richest country in the world.

Let's hold our hands and pray for clean water, medicine, and rescue team to drop from the sky.
 
Last edited:
Why should we pay/donate money for Japan? They are like 2nd richest country in the planet. And we all should pray for Japan,because that definitely will help a lot.
I'd guess the better question might be, will you survive to see your 13th birthday?
 
Why should we pay/donate money for Japan? They are like 2nd richest country in the planet. And we all should pray for Japan,because that definitely will help a lot.
Japan just got hit by a terrible combination of the two worst disasters possible; earthquakes and tsunami and has spread to other countries (It has hit Hawaii, western US, Russia, the Korea peninsula, and China) and there are tsunami warning in Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand. Death toll will never reach the one on December 26, 2004, but still, millions of people are suffering due to aftermaths of this event and thousands of people are dead.
 
This post makes a lot of sense. Why should we donate in the US? We are the richest country in the world.

Let's hold our hands and pray for clean water, medicine, and rescue team to drop from the sky.

Each one as unlikely as the other. Best way to help the Japanese is to go there and start the volunteer work rebuilding/helping on the situation there ,if you donate money,i doubt if they will go to the people who need it,maybe you will contribute to help the
Japanese government to pay the debt.
 
Also, Sony's a multi-billion dollar company. They'll be fine. Heck, maybe they should donate a couple million or so to the relief effort themselves. I doubt they'll be pouring money into getting the Japanese PSN distribution up and running again. But I don't know how long it'll take. And luckily for them Europe and the US are their two biggest markets, so, they'll still be making money while they clean things up.

And, since PD is their #1 money maker, PD will be back up and running before too long. Luckily, they're in Tokyo and not further north. But, since the Japanese servers aren't working at the moment, they're moving them to the US servers.
 
Each one as unlikely as the other. Best way to help the Japanese is to go there and start the volunteer work rebuilding/helping on the situation there ,if you donate money,i doubt if they will go to the people who need it,maybe you will contribute to help the
Japanese government to pay the debt.
Ah, of course. Money given to the Red Cross will be funneled to the Japanese government, and won't pay for relief materials or the transport of relief teams into the stricken areas. Thank you for clearing this up!

Your 'best way' isn't exactly an option for most people on the planet, so in lieu of the 'best way', maybe the 'best way we have available' will be of some help to the millions suffering.
 
Back