Kazunori Yamauchi Interview: How the GT Sport FIA Championship Has Evolved

They did race beetles, beetle cup, a one make race series and rally cross.

I don’t mind vgt cars in general, but don’t like the golf vgt looks so out of place or lmp cars against the vgt varaints.

It's like some giant stepped on it and the VW team designed a car around it.

"KY: There’s no real standard for it per se. We needed to made Gr.3 cars for each of those manufacturers for the FIA championship. To make those cars is quite a bit of effort. They’re actually very hard to make properly; to make an existing GT3 car is not as hard, but in order to make a fantasy GT3 car it takes a lot of effort in the design stages.

GTP: Especially cars like the RCZ – front-engined, front-wheel drive becomes mid-engined, rear-wheel drive.

KY: To think about those kinds of designs and work them out is really fun. But at the same time a car that would normally take six months to produce takes a year to produce. That really ramps up the amount of work that our teams have to do."
Already had this assumption but at least Kaz confirmed it, This explains the bare bones car list at launch that was more focused on race cars, the focus on designing and creating those fictional Gr4/Gr3 cars to meet the FIA competition aspect of the game and the lack of previous road cars at launch which we've finally started to see in the free DLC.

Moving forward I'd rather they just recreate more real GT3 cars instead of designing fictional ones to be honest.

It takes way too much time to create those fictional GTs, I'd rather they put in more real cars that take half the development time.
Exactly. The game would have more cars and all of them could be real cars.

They should do a GT3 pack....would make it feel like a new game since its the most popular class.

Ford GT GT3
Ferrari 488 GT3
Aston Martin Vantage GT3
BMW M8 GTE
Mclaren 720S GT3
Porsche 911 GTR
Lamborghini Gallardo GT3

KY: To think about those kinds of designs and work them out is really fun. But at the same time a car that would normally take six months to produce takes a year to produce. That really ramps up the amount of work that our teams have to do.

A year??? For each fictional Gr.3 and Gr.4 car that's based off a real-life model??? (not to mention the homologation specials) Well that certainly explains a lot. My goodness... :crazy:

They should do a GT3 pack....would make it feel like a new game since its the most popular class.

Ford GT GT3
Ferrari 488 GT3
Aston Martin Vantage GT3
BMW M8 GTE
Mclaren 720S GT3
Porsche 911 GTR
Lamborghini Gallardo GT3

Of course it's going to be the most used class in the game, considering 90% of Sport Mode comprises of Group 4 and Group 3 races. That isn't a good justification for adding more Group 3 cars in the game.

Back