Keep the Gr.2 dailies coming!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ricca_AMG
  • 44 comments
  • 3,134 views
Just so you're aware, Gr stands for group, not grade.

I want to see a Gr2 race at Interlagos :)

Aajajajaja thank you for informing me. I always assumed it was grade LOL
 
Honestly I don’t enjoy Gr2 all that much, yeah the cars are cool but in order of how much enjoyment I get out of them it’s 3, 1, 4 then 2

Change my mind, love Gr2 now :lol:
 
Last edited:
I don’t really get Gr.2. Maybe I should try it more, but I prefere either Gr.3 or... Gr.1.
Gr.2 feels like not real cars and not real prototypes. I’m not trying to “offend” anyone.
 
I have only used the Gr2 Honda a bit but it felt much trickier compared to anything in Gr3. You have to keep the revs high, or the turbo lag will bite you in the ass very easily.
 
Until the throttle problem in the game is changed the cars are a nightmare in slow corners. At Suzuka's hairpin and chicane I would sometimes loose up to a second exiting if I was slowed just a bit by the car in front. Either by easing in too slowly or by giving too much and loosing the tires.

-sidenote: Does anyone else have trouble getting the car to stick after the rear breaks loose, even after letting off throttle and straightening the car? On occasion it feels like the game is thinking, "Oh, did you lose rear grip? Well now your tires are made of concrete for the next five seconds."

Other than that, I love them!
 
Maybe it's because I'm really biased towards Super GT cars but I absolutely adore the Gr.2 dailies myself. Definitely a nice change of pace from the endless Gr.4/Gr.3 dailies IMO.
 
Gr2 is slowly becoming my favorite cars in the game. Been using the Lexus mostly followed by the GTR. Can't wait for a Nordschleife Gr2 Daily.

Until the throttle problem in the game is changed the cars are a nightmare in slow corners. At Suzuka's hairpin and chicane I would sometimes loose up to a second exiting if I was slowed just a bit by the car in front. Either by easing in too slowly or by giving too much and loosing the tires.

Yeah these cars will quickly light up the tires if you're not careful accelerating. I've found that shifting a little early from 2nd to 3rd in the slow corners helps combat this a bit. You have to ease into the throttle though or the torque will bite you.
 
The Gr. 2 race on DT Seaside was awesome. Taking the second bus-stop chicane in 5th gear gives me more of a thrill than I thought. It's like the track was made for Super GT cars.
 
You realize those are real cars, that are immensly fast in real life? :)

Yes, I do. It’s just my preference. It feels too far from road cars... and yet... it’s not close to a LMP1. I’m not trying to start a “vs battle”.
 
Gr. 2 seems unrealistic to me comparing onboard footage with the game. The cars have too much downforce and too much grip.

I know, I know, we are talking a simcade game, yet I feel that Gr. 3 was implemented better.

In terms of enjoyment, it is Gr. 3 > Gr. 4 > Gr. 2 > Gr. 1 for me (Gr. 1 would be a lot better for me with only LMP cars and FOV adjustment in cockpit view).
 
Most fun group for me. Though I think the RC F is too OP.

NSX is crazy fun to drive.
 
Absolutely love ´em. Pretty Close to Gr. 4 if not better in terms of enjoyment. But that might be ´cause for some odd reason I feel as though I manage them better than Gr. 3.
 
Yes, I do. It’s just my preference. It feels too far from road cars... and yet... it’s not close to a LMP1. I’m not trying to start a “vs battle”.

No of course not, me neither, just an honest question :cheers:
 
Gr2 is epic, love them. Lap times are pretty realistic using RH tyres too.
 
I'm a huge fan of the Gr.2 class. I'd like the Gr.1 class more if it was balanced more. But the Gr.2 cars have so much downforce but have a controllable speed. There almost like a slightly faster version of the P2 class.
Sidenote: I never knew that these SuperGT cars were so similar to LMP2 cars in speed.

Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.1, Gr.4 that's how my choice of racing classes go atm.
 
I'd like to see GR-2 and GR-1 daily races every day. It'd be nice to see a weekly race to give us more time to get used to the track, less accidents that way IMO
 
We need to have a wider variety of Gr2 cars... other than that, can't fault it
 
We need to have a wider variety of Gr2 cars... other than that, can't fault it
It currently has the entire 2017 SuperGT GT500 roster. Yes, they only use 3 car models. Although the teams may have small differences and different liveries.

The Lexus, Honda and Nissan is your lot.


Official 2017 "fun book" from the SuperGT site. Has all the info, including cars available.

ITS A LARGE DOWNLOAD
http://supergt.net/upload/GT_FUNBOOK_EN_0612-3.pdf

Capture.PNG
 
It currently has the entire 2017 SuperGT GT500 roster. Yes, they only use 3 car models. Although the teams may have small differences and different liveries.

The Lexus, Honda and Nissan is your lot.


Official 2017 "fun book" from the SuperGT site. Has all the info, including cars available.

ITS A LARGE DOWNLOAD
http://supergt.net/upload/GT_FUNBOOK_EN_0612-3.pdf

View attachment 734954

Wow that kinda sucks lol

Thanks for the link though that's very informative
 
Wow that kinda sucks lol

Thanks for the link though that's very informative
It's quite a good little read. If you like SuperGT it's worth visiting NISMO TV on youtube, they have loads of content.
 
Back