Keep the Gr.2 dailies coming!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ricca_AMG
  • 44 comments
  • 3,133 views
I enjoy GR 2 but I feel cheap because I have to raise the TC to 2 just to control the throttle on the exit. For me, I can get through a turn faster on TC2 rather than being in a higher gear to take the corner with TC set to 1.

(I usually race with TC 1 to ensure consistent lap lines.)
 
I'm a huge fan of the Gr.2 class. I'd like the Gr.1 class more if it was balanced more. But the Gr.2 cars have so much downforce but have a controllable speed. There almost like a slightly faster version of the P2 class.
Sidenote: I never knew that these SuperGT cars were so similar to LMP2 cars in speed.

Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.1, Gr.4 that's how my choice of racing classes go atm.

I am in complete agreement with you. Group 2 racing is a very focused, quick thinking, and fast paced class. Just yesterday I've attempted Group1, my thoughts as followed, absolutely off balanced with many drivers at red bar, which inflicted my SR. As for Group2 I'm a huge fan as well, especially when I review and watch my replays!
 
For some reason i found the dragon trail dailies for gr2 to be a mess even at SR S. Havend had that problem anywhere else.

Also i should try soft
lock option in my tgt as gr2 are super aggressive to turn with that steering angle and grip. Cant make as subtle changes on track as with other classes.
 
It currently has the entire 2017 SuperGT GT500 roster. Yes, they only use 3 car models. Although the teams may have small differences and different liveries.

The Lexus, Honda and Nissan is your lot.


Official 2017 "fun book" from the SuperGT site. Has all the info, including cars available.

ITS A LARGE DOWNLOAD
http://supergt.net/upload/GT_FUNBOOK_EN_0612-3.pdf

View attachment 734954
We have the 2016 cars on GTS (I think they're from the 2014 regs). 2017 cars have less downforce and Lexus replaced the RC F with the LC500, it's all part of trying to join up with what DTM are doing (which will be pointless when DTM [probably] ceases to exist next year).
 
We have the 2016 cars on GTS (I think they're from the 2014 regs). 2017 cars have less downforce and Lexus replaced the RC F with the LC500, it's all part of trying to join up with what DTM are doing (which will be pointless when DTM [probably] ceases to exist next year).
Yeah sorry that's true I stand corrected :p
 
You could extend Gr. 2 with LMP2. Would like that.
 
The high downforce, high grip doesn't translate well to racing. The only way to make an overtake on anyone is to drive overly aggressive or wait for the car ahead to make a mistake. That's also increased by the lack of tuning, meaning there's no way to gain an advantage on the car ahead at all.
 
For some reason i found the dragon trail dailies for gr2 to be a mess even at SR S. Havend had that problem anywhere else.

Also i should try soft
lock option in my tgt as gr2 are super aggressive to turn with that steering angle and grip. Cant make as subtle changes on track as with other classes.

Yes! Dragon trail was a complete SR disaster but otherwise I enjoyed it Lol
 
I like Gr2, sure it can lead to more carnage because of how fast and alert they are compared to Gr 3 & 4 but it feels like you are really in a race and have a chance of gaining places if you play the long game (I'm in DR B so that's probably a factor) That said I still like Gr3, its Gr 4 where it starts to get a bit numb for me sometimes. I like Gr.1 too but don't tend to do the longer Race C races due to time and also a bad lobby of them is Carmageddon!!
 
Gr.2 is an absolute blast, although I would like to see more Gr.1 races because they are so infrequent that I feel out of practice when they do come around. Having said that, I still think I prefer Gr.2 to Gr.1.
 
Gr2 is fantastic. Really do enjoy the races. My usual winning car is the GTR but at Suzuka its the Lexus. And i took my first ever win (not first in sport mode, first using this car) in the NSX at Dragon Trail the other night, it just seemed to suit that track better.
In order then; Gr2, Gr3, Gr4 and Gr1. Gr1 gets relegated to last as its largely made up of stupid VGT nonsense. If they just made it for LMP1 it would be awesome but i cringe at the sight of those silly cars racing against my beloved LMP1 cars!
 
I'm still on the fence about Group 2 dailies because I've have a lot of bad luck in them. Only one win which I was essentially given because the car in front was penalised. They require much more concentration to drive fast which makes it both thrilling and terrifying at the same time. However, for the sake of variety, I'd want them to continue.
 
I have not won a Grp2 daily race yet or come close to the top but I liked them and it didn't seem to be too much carnage from the races
I've had so I'm all for the class making a more frequent appeareance in the daily race roster.

Hopefully get better as I get more experience with the cars and the high speeds.
 
I have only raced Grp 2 at Monza so far, it was carnage as expected but i managed to get a few top 3 finishes and to keep my nose clean on a few races, have not had the chance to try them on any other circuit yet.
 
Back