Ken Block, Hoonigan Founder, Killed in a Snowmobile Accident at 55

• Thread starter Famine
  • 73 comments
Lived longer than McRae, but yeah an early devastating loss regardless. RIP.

Last edited:
Nicky Haden on a bicycle. These racers have all the gear on in ”controlled” environments, but not as much when doing recreational things.
It’s not that I’m surprised motorsports didn’t kill them. It’s only ironic that risk ended up being a factor anyway.

Last edited:
”I'm Ken Block, and this is Colin McRae: DiRT 2”
🫡 😢

Gymkhana 1-3 and DiRT 2 & 3 was a huge part of my late teen years and early twenties. Without any doubt, much of my love for rallycross stems from Ken and his involvement.

I’ll make sure to do some donuts in D2 with the Subie at the LA Stadium.

Rest in peace, Legend.

Last edited:
This is heartbreaking, I've always bought DC shoes from the moment I could save and pay for them myself, his Gymkhana videos are the stuff of legend, his influence on rallying and rallyx is huge, regardless of his ability, he bought it to a new audience. He was also a brilliant man, personable, humble, a family man. What a monumental loss he is.

KB43 💚

dammm, i remember when i was a kid playing "Colin McRea DIRT 2", battling with Ken in amazing Rally Cross races or rally stages, those were beautiful times and they made Ken one of the first people that made me love cars, i hope he's in heaven.

Being in your 50s is way too young for anyone to die. Even though I was never really into his work, it's terrible to hear of his passing.
Death does not choose an age.

My friend and classmate passed away last year June.

He was 28 years old. I mourned his death for a week and shed tears at his funeral he passed way from epilespy.

Rest in peace, Ken Block. I grew up watching him and Vaughn Gittin Jnr. Even tried to replicate their moves in racing games.

Last edited:
I remember endlessly watching his Gymkhana 1 and 2 videos over and over again on YouTube as a young Subaru fan. Truly a man who played a part in shaping my childhood memories, Godspeed.

No way, just no way… 😔😔

As stated he may not have been the fastest nor the most winning pilot in rally but he was THE one who showed the world that having fun is the only win worth having

RIP Hoonigan, now you can jump heaven’s gate as high as you want and do crazy stuff with Colin on the clouds…

I know i may have thought he was a bit of a douche in the past, and i remember saying that back in the day on this very site. However i was very wrong.
I've come to quite admire not only his skill, but also how he was always 100% committed in everything he did. He achieved a lot.
It's a huge and sad loss to the car culture community. RIP

(A short vid of the last thing i recently watched him in):

Last edited:
He may not have been the most successful in real competition, but boy did he know how to entertain fans.

A huge loss.

Ken was a trailblazer, both literally and figuratively. He's been a game-changer for how automotive content is consumed online and made his presence felt throughout the entire landscape of arcade racing games. Even for franchises he didn't officially partner with, you still see endless recreations of his liveries among the most downloaded.

Rest in peace, #43.

No other word fits this better than tragic and shocking. My jaw dropped seeing this news.

Rest In Peace to an icon man, what he's done for rallying and its popularity in the modern era is unmatched.

I know i may have thought he was a bit of a douche in the past, and i remember saying that back in the day on this very site. However i was very wrong.
I've come to quite admire not only his skill, but also how he was always 100% committed in everything he did. He achieved a lot.
It's a huge and sad loss to the car culture community. RIP

(A short vid of what i watched him last):

I just watched this last night thinking damn Ken Block is living the best life possible. Very sad news today, he was one of the reasons why I got into rally racing (watching it) and specifically Ford and Subaru. RIP

Hope to see his kids continue his legacy, just finished watching the series where Ken and his daughter build the old UR Quattro, too.

Race In Peace Ken.

Maybe it's a small consolation he died doing what he loved, still my heart goes out to his family and friends.

Horrible news and completely out of nowhere. He always seemed like a super fun and nice guy to be around. A real shame that he's gone now.
Would've loved to see what crazy cars he would've build with Audi.

Farewell, Ken. Thank you for all the entertainment you gave us.

I think he deserves a tribute in the gtplanet livery competition!
Perfect opportunity

Not the biggest fan of the everything+++ car culture that he shaped over the last couple decades, but I always admired him personally - the real testament to his character is his totally awesome daughter. Sad to see this news.

Back