KFC Enters the Gaming World With the KFConsole

If it does turn out to be a true console, KFC hasn’t announced any games for it yet (we’d put money on Grid and Skyrim being among them), though we suspect it’s a really a PC. Either way, there’s no pricing just yet, and it’s unlikely to be a bargain bucket.

*sends email*

tenor.gif

I'm still kinda in shock that this thing exists and i just drove past a KFC and saw no hungry pacmen! I wonder if they have a ZINGER version of the console :lol:

The potential for Crispy 4k chicken is unbelievable!

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 21.57.16.png

240FPS of crispy Tender chickens! :drool:

Last edited:
Yes, I always wanted to play Final Fantasy VII from a fast food chain known to cause diarrhea upon consuming their chicken.

What's next? McPhone?

Last edited:
Yes, I always wanted to have diarrhea while playing Final Fantasy XIVXIIV on a bucket of computer chips.

Because it's not enough to eat what's literally the worst fries and chicken wings that any fast food restaurants ever cocked. One that would give you harsh diarrheas for a week.

Can't wait for McDonald's, Hardee's and Five Guys to make smart phones and TVs.
:odd:

I need it, I need it now, and I need a NASCAR bodyshell with KFC livery.

What do you mean, what for?!? Stop asking questions! I need it for reasons!

Have you ever heard of sarcasm, Mr Robot?

Anyhow, this "console" is yet another internet viral thing that everyone will forget within weeks.
I doubt that's what it was if you completely removed the post :lol:

Last edited:
To be fair, I've not had KFC in exactly 24 years for that reason.

Everyone in the house who had KFC from a place in Barnsley was massively unwell for 24h. That put us off for 18 months. Christmas Eve 1996, we braved it and had KFC from our local outlet (a different place, 8 miles away) as a lazy pre-Christmas tea, and all spent Christmas Day with D&V - which made for a pretty ****** Christmas. Literally.

We'd previously had KFC a lot - including once a week on the drive home from an after-school club - from both places. Never had it since.

Last edited:
Our local KFC shut down a couple years back due to health or sanitation violations. The other one about 90km away got shut down for the same thing, same owners btw.

I’m pretty sure the owners were originally from the greater Toronto area. Hopefully they don’t own any more restaurants in the GTA lol

Last edited:
In my area grocery store deli fried chicken is preferable to both KFC and Popeyes. I don’t know what it is with non-bible thumping chicken places and crappy service.

As for the PC, it seems like one of those things that will get reviewed in 5 years by LGR.

In my area grocery store deli fried chicken is preferable to both KFC and Popeyes
Same here actually. Our local Ralphs always has the best fried chicken and you can smell it all over the store. Makes it hard to not just buy it every single time I'm there.

KFC beat SMS with their new console?? Of all the things that could nail the coffin shut on the MadBox, a bucket of chicken was the least likely

SMS was absorbed by Codemasters, in turn absorbed by EA. Pretty much worst case for them.
They haven't had much go right lately.

Have a wing...

Is this console finger-licking good? Finally- a true contender to Soulja Boy's console! I love Kentucky Fried Chicken myself (but Popeye's more), but I don't know if I'd want to invest in a console like this one. My only issue based on the trailer is how to keep the device from overheating. Would you want to keep this console on while warming up some fried chicken, some cold pizza, or anything that could fit inside that heating unit? This should be plenty interesting to follow...

The "problem" with this is that it uses a vastly expensive Intel NUC "compute unit" which is a full computer on a PCIE card... and that's something like $1,200 USD just for that part... then you add an RTX3080 or 90... so that's odds on $2k USD of hardware... and you want to warm $3 worth of KFC chicken next to it with chicken grease that can kill your expensive hardware??? Buy an air fryer for like $40 from Kmart instead?

Obviously this is a publicity stunt. They will sell maybe triple digit numbers... and send out a dozen units to "YT influencers" like Linus and they get a relatively cheap way to get some cheap clicks.

HOWEVER... even though this is basically like a blade server system... ie. the base 'glue' of the PC is two PCIE slots holding the two cards + the SSDs there's significant cost in making the injection moulds for the case but who knows if Coolermaster were able to get the moulds for the round case for low cost from a rice cooker or a humidifier etc.

Back