kingcars' 250rwhp/13 second Tbird project (new project brewing 2/6)

  • Thread starter Thread starter kingcars
  • 242 comments
  • 16,027 views
Actually, I've been lookin at one of these for a year or two down the road:

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...925239+4294839032+4294839808+115&autoview=sku

There IS a reason I splurged on forged pistons! ;)

As for the CAI...honestly, there isn't any really good place in the engine bay to have the air intake that's gonna yield noticeable power gains.

You can always do the puerto rican intake.
bvteam.jpg

Hey it works!
 
The body color would look the best. But eh, its your car. :D
 
bodycolorgrill.jpg


Something like that I may try at some point...but idk yet. I just want this freakin engine in and running!!!!!
 
Why would you change the grille? The chrome looks the best as is!
 
I agree with Paulie, I am usually not a chrome person but it looks good as is.
 
I personally think on a car like that where the only chrome is the grille, it looks out of place. I'm more of a monochromatic guy myself. :sly:
 
While the chrome may look somewhat out of place, body color there would just make it extremely blank and bland...
 
I disagree, but whatcha gonna do!
 
Actually, there is chrome in the middle of the black trim (but it's missing on my front and rear bumpers)
 
Update time...

Friday night, dad felt like he was catching the flu, and unfortunately it came on pretty bad yesterday, so we had to postpone the engine install and planned to do it today. I had to go to work at 10am, and dad still wasn't feeling 100% so it was pretty frustrating for the both of us after all the long hours put into it getting it ready for this weekend. So I went to work, and miraculously got out of work on time (which NEVER happens). I got home, saw the Tbird sitting in the same spot on the driveway, figured dad still wasnt feeling good. Dad was standing right at the side door with a mischievous look on his face, went over to the Tbird and popped the hood. To my complete surprise, this is what was sitting under the hood:

engineinstalled003small.jpg


Needless to say, I'm extremely pumped. I did end up treating dad to a little dinner...it's the least I could do with my new found poorness (gotta love the nickel and dime stuff at the end of the project...and by nickel and dime, i mean $50 and $100 bills). Couldn't ask for more :) . Dad did take a couple of pics when he first got it dropped in, and I took some too so here they are:

engineinstallation2small.jpg


engineinstallationsmall.jpg


engineinstalled001small.jpg


All that's left to do now is the driveshaft, radiator, battery, and a few other small odds and ends. Then we'll drive it up to the shop and get the new fuel pump in. Should only be maybe an evening or two away from completion now, stay tuned!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
 
Fan-bloody-tastic! I like!
 
Dang you got a lot done over the weekend. Looking great.
 
Wow there's a lot of wiring under the hood of a T-Bird.:crazy: Good to see the engine is in mate 👍, how long has it taken to get this far?
 
Wow there's a lot of wiring under the hood of a T-Bird.:crazy: Good to see the engine is in mate 👍, how long has it taken to get this far?

The wiring is actually susprisingly simple once you dig into it...it's all the same as the Mustangs of that era :) . As far as timeframe, the engine you see in my car now started off as a stock Mustang 5.0 that I bought back in February of last year:

HPIM1155.jpg


And I've been slowly workin on it since then, and this is the final stretch! It's been a long time coming, but it's gonna be worth it!
 
Sweet!!
 
Ok guys, the engine is literally like a couple hours worth of work away from firing; although dad wasn't able to help much today, I got pretty much everything done under the hood (sorry for the bad night pic; it was dark when I finished):

enginedone002small.jpg


Had to try several different belt sizes...it wasn't the 84.5in like originally thought; ended up being 86.5in.
 
/me likes... Not a huge fan of american iron, but that is quite nice !... (And I approve of the wheel selection ;) )
 
SHE RUNS SHE RUNS SHE RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNS!!!!



There's a lot of adjusting still left to be done...but wow.....wow. I've driven it about 40 miles so far, dad "accidentally" took it up to 6k in first gear, and I haven't seen a drop of fluid come out of it. Also my oil pressure guage is in the middle at minimum...on the highway, it was just under max :D . And dont worry, there will be more vids coming over the next couple of weeks; that's just a teaser vid for now. Thanks to everybody who has helped on this project. It's so awesome! Now it's time for smiley spam...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 
I just ****** in my pants. :drool: I love that noise! Fantastic!
 
I'm pretty sure I ****** in my pants for about 40 minutes straight as I was driving it around hahahaha. It sounds even better goin down the road...expect videos of that in the upcoming days :) .
 
CONGRATS!!!!! That exaust sounds great. What mufflers are you running?
 
Thanks! Its just got some cheap Cherry Bomb Turbo 2s :) . Kinda funny since I had a friend running flowmasters say that he likes the sound of mine better after watching that video.
 
Rumpetyrumpetyrumpety! :3

Nicely done!
 
Here's a vid I just took a few minutes ago...I had the windows down and it was raining, so there's a lot of road noise interfering with the awesome exhaust note, but just crank up your sound some and enjoy! Hopefully when it's dry I'll get some WOT vids :D .

 
Yummy! Get some wot vids from insise and out!
 
I definitely will when the roads dry up. Dad and I just went out drivin some more....she broke the tires loose at 4000rpm in first gear! :bowdown: It's gonna be nuts when I fully let her rip.
 
This makes me want to get like a Mark VII or T-Bird and do the 302+manual swap. :D
 
Back