• 50 comments

Is my car stupidly flashy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Azle, Texas, USA
GTP_KinLM
KinLM
Okay, I bumped all the older stuff down a bit. I’ve had this car since April of 2015. It started out as a completely stock, bottom trim level Coyote 5.0. (Purchased with 23,000 miles. The car now ‘technically’ has 95,000 miles on it, but the only thing with that mileage at this point is basically the chassis, as will be explained below).

Since then, just about everything that I can change on the car HAS been changed. Unfortunately some of these were due to some.. how can I put it... interesting, failures.

Last winter, cylinder #6 decided it didn’t feel like hanging around anymore and made an escape run out the side of the block. So this car now has an entirely new heart, which allows for the mods I’m going to list:

Current Mods (mostly performance stuff I’m listing, visual stuff isnt important)
-2017 spec Ford Aluminator 9.5:1CR Crate Motor 5.0
(Forged Internals from Mahle and Manley)
-VMP Gen 2 2.3L supercharger kit, 75mm pulley (~11psi)
-VMP Twin-67mm throttle body
-JLT Intake
-High-RPM Pulse Ring
-JBA 1 7/8in Long Tube Headers
-3 inch cat-less, muffler-less exhaust from the headers back with an X pipe
-ID1000cc Injectors
-Fore Dual Pump return style fuel system
-Exedy Lightweight Flywheel
-Exedy Mach 600 Stage 4 Cerametallic clutch
-Calimer Built MT82 Transmission
-Ford Racing 1 piece aluminum driveshaft
-Ford Racing TR500 differential (same thing used in some Mustang racecar from Ford)
-SR Performance 8.8in axles.
-Tuned for both 93 octane(98 by European standards) fuel as well as E85 fuel

-The car dynoed at 704 WHP on Ethanol on a 97° day in Texas

-BC Racing Adjustable Coils
-Steeda Front and Rear adjustable anti roll bars
-Whiteline Lower Control arms + Upper Control Arm

-Steeda Adjustable Panhard bar (with brace. Wish I could afford a Watts Link!)

-Project 6GR Wheels
••20x10 Front, 285/35R20 Toyo R888R tires
••20x11 Rear, 315/30R20 Toyo R888R tires

-Corbeau CR1 Microsuede Seats with 5-point harness and harness bar
-Sparco P310 steering wheel

I’m sure there’s a lot more I could think of that are “mods” to this car, but I don’t want a mods list that’s 1000 items long with garbage like “sound tube delete” on it and stuff like that :rolleyes:

I’ll keep this top section up to date with any changes.

———
Car is currently running well. Waiting for shipment of supercharger. Here is a recent photo.
image.jpeg

Mods list:
(Working on it. Should be up soon)
ORIGINAL POST BELOW:
-----------

So I'm not sure why I kept this a "secret" for 7 months, but I purchased a 2012 Ford Mustang back in March. I've already spent more on parts than the payments of the car to this point. I'm not sure which photos to upload since it looks so different now.

This is how it looked when I first bought it.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 384
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
If you could get some pictures of your Mustang's current state in broad daylight, that would be sweet. Would love to see the parts and mods you had for your car. :) :cheers:

If you could get some pictures of your Mustang's current state in broad daylight, that would be sweet. Would love to see the parts and mods you had for your car. :) :cheers:
Yeah, I agree. I don't have any good pictures of how it looks right here and now which js why it's difficult. Maybe I'll just do a quick summary with photos at each step instead.

So here's right after I bought it, I installed the Boss 302 fascia.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Then came a Cold Air Intake:
image.jpeg

After that, and some body modifications including a rear CS spoiler and louvers, came a road trip from our home in Texas to New Jersey (excuse the completely awful parking job):
image.jpeg

Upon return, I received my new CS style rims:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Following that came a Saleen grille:
image.jpeg

I also picked up a nice new gear shifter to replace the stock plastic knob:
image.jpeg

Some other mods not listed/in photos: I've installed the fog lights in the CS fascia, along with a tri bar pony logo on the grille. The engine cover and coil covers have all been painted white instead of the factory grey colors.

There has also been a massive amount of exhaust work done which cannot exactly be pictured. Current setup is a magnaflow X-pipe with high flowing cats to replace the stocks, resonator deletes, and magnaflow RTR competition spec axleback exhausts. I'm going to see if I can upload some sound clips at any point.

ThatS far from stupidly flashy, trust me.
The exterior may be, but it's well over 105 dB (I only used my phone for this, apparently it isn't capable of registering anything above 105 so I don't know how loud it actually is) as far as exhaust loudness so it is pretty ostentatious.

I'm digging the external mods. Simple, yet tasteful 💡 and subtle at the same time. Can't wait to hear sounds clips of the exhaust :cheers:

I'm digging the external mods. Simple, yet tasteful 💡 and subtle at the same time. Can't wait to hear sounds clips of the exhaust :cheers:
Ill see what I can do! The only way I can think to upload them would be to put them on YouTube first which takes a little while

So this was the older (and louder) exhaust setup. I'll try and get some more updated ones out. Pypes Pype-bomb axlebacks, magnaflow X pipe, and resonator deletes.

For reference, here was a few months before that, when the only exhaust mod was the Pype bomb exhaust. Please don't get upset with me for doing this, we chose a safe location and took precautions.

Edit, sorry for double posting

So even though it's sort of illegal, I just purchased some cat deletes. Hope to do a lot of track driving soon. Photos to come soon.

Clean Mustang, I like the mods so far 👍

So even though it's sort of illegal, I just purchased some cat deletes.

May I ask why? I'd be surprised if you picked up more than a couple hp on the dyno due to no cats. Does add more rasp to the exhaust, if you're into that :lol:

Clean Mustang, I like the mods so far 👍

May I ask why? I'd be surprised if you picked up more than a couple hp on the dyno due to no cats. Does add more rasp to the exhaust, if you're into that :lol:
To be honest, that's really the main reason, haha.

I know it sound stupid, to pay money to make a car illegal just for it to have more sound. But honestly, my favorite part of driving the whole car is just the sound of the thing. With the X pipe and current axlebacks, it sounds so angry and I love it. Reminds me of some ferocious Group C Mercedes or something. :D

So, it may not be worth it to everybody, but it is to me. I don't want to be obnoxiously loud either, just want to do all I can to extract the most sound possible from this car because it's honestly the best sensation behind the wheel that I can think of. :)

I didn't have a lift or jacks, didn't want to fool with it with my busy schedule, so I took my car to the shop for them to be installed.

Pics/vids coming tomorrow.

Its all hooked up now. The bright silver pipes are the cat deletes, hooked up to the X-Pipe.
image.jpeg

At idle it sounds nice, but what ever you recorded with makes it sound like a Semi truck coming down a mountain pass when you actually rev it.

At idle it sounds nice, but what ever you recorded with makes it sound like a Semi truck coming down a mountain pass when you actually rev it.
It was recorded with an iPhone 5S. This is an issue because this was only 4,000 RPM or so and the microphone in the iPhone is already unable to register any of it.

It was recorded with an iPhone 5S. This is an issue because this was only 4,000 RPM or so and the microphone in the iPhone is already unable to register any of it.

Yeah I know your struggle I too own the same phone and it has multiple issues and I've had recordings be one of those as well like at car shows. Great looking car, I've liked the Mustang looks since 2011-present after the face lift on the last gen made them look less box like, so good choice in body.

Last edited:
So a friend of mine and I were working on the car today to make sure everything in the exhaust was tight, since I had noticed a strange vibration which seemed out of place.

After a test run (below) the nice neighbors decided to call the police.

Ahh, the joys of suburban America.

I'm a little worried that the car sounds too "riced" though an iPhone microphone won't catch much bass so maybe I'm just hearing things.

I've also decided to keep uploading future videos through Instagram for here since it's easier than doing so on YouTube.

Each to his own, and I personally love the very dirty and angry sound your Mustang makes, but... If your neighbours are ringing the police when you just drive off than your car might be a little too loud to be practical. Assuming you only did that once that is.

If I were you, I'd be very conservative when driving in public places. You don't want to get noticed and have the police mark your vehicle unroadworthy. Trust me, there is no bigger annoyance than having to remove mods to pass inspection!

Very nice car though mate, I really like what you've done with it so far! :)

Each to his own, and I personally love the very dirty and angry sound your Mustang makes, but... If your neighbours are ringing the police when you just drive off than your car might be a little too loud to be practical. Assuming you only did that once that is.

If I were you, I'd be very conservative when driving in public places. You don't want to get noticed and have the police mark your vehicle unroadworthy. Trust me, there is no bigger annoyance than having to remove mods to pass inspection!

Very nice car though mate, I really like what you've done with it so far! :)
Yeah I agree, although fortunately I don't drive off very loudly like that very often. Below 1,700 RPM the RTR's are actually really quiet. It's only once you get above that where they start to get loud, and above 3k where they start to scream and set off alarms. But I should be okay!
I agree. Nothing flashy at all about it. Very tasteful build.
Thank you! I really appreciate the comments :)

So an update- a few months back, somebody door dinged the heck out of the side of my car. I've been meaning to get it fixed, but haven't had time to part with it for a week until now. While its in the shop, I'm also having the spoiler re-painted so that the bottom is black like the real C/S spoiler. I'll post some before and after pics for easy comparison :)

Ordered a bigger, more efficient Steeda CAI today. Should get here about the same time that my car gets out of the shop.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So I know it's been a while, but I've been really busy despite making quite a few changes to the car.

It's actually in the shop right now, and I'll have to do a better update when I get it back.

The car now has long tube headers, and roush axlebacks. According to my friends it's the loudest car they've ever heard on the street.. Yikes!

Back