Kirby's Celica GT Four

• Thread starter Kirbyo
  • 4 comments
Australia
Melbourne
A few photos of various projects on my GT4.

Pedal Box 01.jpg
Pedal Box 02.jpg
Brakes 01.jpg
Brakes 02.jpg
Front Spoiler 01.jpg
Front Spoiler 02.jpg
Front ARB 02.jpg
Dry Sump Pump 1.jpg
Front Lower Control Arm Bolt.jpg

There’s some pretty serious stuff going on here. Keen to see the build continue :)

Welcome to GTP! Awesome to see another GT-Four project.
Condition looks very tidy for an ST185. Looking forward to seeing this build

A bit more detail the Front Anti Roll Bar project.

I needed to have a way of adjusting the oversteer / understeer easily when I was at the track so after a bit of searching online I found a company in New Zealand called Mitchell Race Extreme (MRX) who make custom anti roll bars. After corresponding by email I had to send them some info so they could make the parts.

So first I sent them some info about the weight of the car showing the front to rear split and filled in their information sheet with the dimensions.

Weight with me in seat 1.jpg

While the parts were being manufactured I had to make some mods so the ABR would fit. The first thing was to change the exhaust so it cleared. So I cut out the section where the ARB went through.

Exhaust Missing Section 1.jpg

Then I had someone weld in a section to avoid the ARB.
finished exhaust.jpg

Next was the mounting blocks for the ARB did not suit the hole positions in the floor of the car and also I needed the bar to be higher and further forward so it had enough ground clearance. So I made some dummy parts in wood.
arb wooden adaptors 4.jpg

When I was happy with them, I made an aluminium set.
ARB mounts.jpg

Next was to mount the onboard adjuster somewhere I could reach it when driving.
ARB Adjuster.png

Lastly, I sourced a push pull cable from TGA cables, connected it to the ARB blade and made a bracket for it which bolted to the underside of the floor.
ARB cable.jpg

DONE!

Back