Kobe Bryant passes away at 41 after helicopter crash.

Discussion in 'Opinions & Current Events' started by ryzno, Jan 26, 2020.

1. ryzno

ryzno Premium

2. Sentry87

Sentry87

His 13 yr old daughter as well, plus her friend, friend's parent and pilot. Sad news

SestoScudo and ryzno like this.
  3. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Going to be a hard night for the league. Already in-game honors and tears being paid forward. R.I.P. Bean & GiGi.

SestoScudo and quentin1974 like this.
  4. kowalski__1

kowalski__1

5. TS050

TS050 Premium

Heartbroken.

6. Sentry87

Sentry87

Now it's reported 9 people were onboard, keeps getting worse.

7. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

:(

Rest in peace, Legend

8. Delta7Fox

Delta7Fox

I just found out, it's not possible oh no ...

Rest in peace Kobe !!! :( :( :(

9. AnthonyD1993

AnthonyD1993

This is one of the saddest days in years for all professional sports.

R.I.P. Kobe.

10. JoeDaSnow

JoeDaSnow

I can't believe that this came as a shock to all of us. He was amongst the greatest basketball players of his generation and I can't believe that Kobe Bryant had died this shockingly and tragically. Now he will be part of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, albeit posthumously. My condolences goes to Kobe's family and may he rest in peace.

11. GTV0819

GTV0819

R.I.P. Black Mamba. :guilty:

Earlier, a game between the Toronto Raptors and San Antonio Spurs, both teams took 24 second violations to honor him in the opening tip of the 1st quarter.

Sander 001 likes this.
  12. Snikle

Snikle

I don't follow basketball (or any sports really, save for a couple car races each year) but I found this to be a shock. I may not know much about basketball but I know enough to know that he was one of the most famous names in it for a long time now, and seeing someone like that die so suddenly in such a way is just harrowing. And his daughter too, along with 7 other people. Just damn...

13. mustafur

mustafur

Damn RIP, how many Celebs have lost their lives in Helicopters I wouldn't go on one if you paid me.

TenEightyOne likes this.
  14. Earth

Earth

Leave it to CNN to mention sexual abuse allegations against him 17 years ago within minutes of the news of his death first breaking.

15. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

The title to this article irked me too. The media can all just :censored: off.

[​IMG]

16. Sander 001

Sander 001

This is very sad, so much potential.

When I stopped following basketball, Kobe was a standoffish loner who was admired but not so likeable.

So I was shocked to see him completely transformed as he had long visits with the ESPN crews during last year's US Open in NYC.

The dude was very friendly, warm, insightful, humble and just an all around pleasure. It wasn't just a one off either, he visited multiple times and even did guest commentary on a match or two.

His basketball career was complete but I thought we would see much more from him and be amazed all over again. I already was.

Very sad. RIP to all the victims of this tragedy.

17. Earth

Earth

There's just something so fundamentally wrong with this.

18. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

To be fair, it is not just CNN but multiple news outlets, including the BBC here in the UK, that have discussed the allegations.

I agree, though, that it is in slightly poor taste to bring up the allegations against him quite so soon after his death, not least out of respect to the other victims. It is, however, also important that history is not airbrushed simply for reasons of taste.

DK, ImaRobot, GTboyz and 2 others like this.