Koenigsegg Agera R

• Thread starter LP670-4 SV
  • 190 comments
TVC
0-200 in 17.68 seconds and a top speed of 273 mph.

They always claim numbers like these but then they are never backed up in testing. Pretty much every Koenigsegg released has supposed to have been the fastest car in the world.
Because the only way they can test it really is get access to the VW Wolfsburg test track.

The only way they got the world record in the first place when they beat the Mclaren F1 record was on Nardo, but that is one giant oval and wouldn't allow the car to even reach it's proper top speed.

I'm curious as to whether or not the company will actually build something entirely new. The design of the cars at their very core is close to 20 years old now.

It's not a knock to point out. I applaud the company for keeping the car fresh & competitive. I can't recall any manufacturers at the moment, being able to remain on 1 sole car to keep them going & just updating it as time goes on. We're beginning to see the wall they're at with the R's extreme aero work, so I wonder if an entirely new design will ever come out. Again, major kudos to them.

Porsche 911?
Edit: Sorry, yes a company that only produce one car does'nt describe Porsche.
But the 911 has been around for ~40 years, so the concept of refining a solid design or base is defenetly doable.

Last edited:
Porsche 911?
Edit: Sorry, yes a company that only produce one car does'nt describe Porsche.
But the 911 has been around for ~40 years, so the concept of refining a solid design or base is defenetly doable.
I'm not saying it's impossible, just if the Agera's design has hit the wall like the Veyron did. I'm very interested to see how Christian furthers the car or if he can re-sculpt the Agera/CC's basic design into another hyper car.

11016103_848746938516563_2623084962783547165_o.jpg

Koenigsegg Facebook
Koenigsegg
Koenigsegg Agera RS - Heading for Geneva Motorshow

2015 sees the next exciting episode in the evolution
of the Agera. The Agera RS pushes the boundaries
and takes the Agera to all new levels of performance.
With focus on track attitude, the RS utilizes advanced
technology from the One:1 program while maintaining
all the features and functionalities of previous S and R
models, and beholds the Agera’s everyday usability,
luggage compartment, rear window and detachable
and storable hardtop.

Detachable hardtop ? That sounds scary at over 200+ mph. I know they probably designed the hardtop so it would be safe at high speed but still....

Detachable hardtop ? That sounds scary at over 200+ mph. I know they probably designed the hardtop so it would be safe at high speed but still....
Better make sure that hardtop is secured right, or else it may end up like the 458's roof when kicked off in that one scene from Scorpion.

Back