Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
XJxaAV7.jpg

The latest knight in the Swedish arsenal, successor to the CCX.

GT has a disturbing lack of Swedish hypercars. Let's get that fixed.

Information -

Handling -
http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/05/27/road-test-koenigsegg-agera-r/

Sound -

Vital stat's -
Body style:
2-door targa top
Layout: Rear mid-engine, rear-wheel drive
Engine: 5.0 L (305 cu in) V8 twin-turbocharged 1,030 PS (758 kW; 1,016 bhp)
Transmission: 7-speed dual clutch
Curb weight: 1,435 kg (3,160 lb)
Price: From $1,460,000 to $4,500,000 USD
0–100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 3.1 seconds*
0–200 km/h (0-124 mph) in 8.9 seconds*

*Standard Agera

upload_2014-1-20_0-20-40.png

Love these cars and I love the company and it's background history and why every single car has the special Ghost painted them. This is deffinatly a must have car company in GT.

The Agera R is better though it got 130 more ponies..but I would get an standard Agera on GT6 anyday =P

With cars, "better" can be subjective and objective. Is it faster? Probably I suppose, don't have any hard data on that, but it seems like it would be. But "better" from a subjective approach concerning the car's purpose, build, and such, it's a different story.

I was originally going to make this thread about the R, but as I learned about the S I found it more interesting. It's the first flexfuel Hypercar I know of, and the extra bits all around the car make it really stand out, even among all current Hypercar. I also thought it was more appropriate as it was the newest one. I wasn't simply trying to pick the fastest Koenigsegg.

Well, that's surprising, considering your status as a moder- I MEAN WHY WOULD I EXPECT ANY DIFFERENT? :sly:

Don't get what you're trying to say here.

Is the Agera S faster/better than the R? I thought the R was.

See above.

I'd rather have a CCX, but anything works

Here's a CCX-R thread you can upvote:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/koenigsegg-ccx-r.298731/

But if you still want pure CCX, feel free to start your own thread 👍

A "more mild" version of the Agera R, which has like 1140HP compared to this, 100HP less so it's friendlier to drive, but still very wicked in terms of how fast it is.

This just might make for one of the most interesting ring laps since Jay Leno's Toronado.

I was originally going to make this thread about the R, but as I learned about the S I found it more interesting. It's the first flexfuel Hypercar I know of, and the extra bits all around the car make it really stand out, even among all current Hypercar. I also thought it was more appropriate as it was the newest one. I wasn't simply trying to pick the fastest Koenigsegg.
Ok, so this is really really late, but it's actually the other way around, the Agera R runs on E85 bio-ethanol, the Agera S runs on normal petrol.
Other than the mapping of the engine for different fuel and power output (the Agera R is the more powerful one) they are exactly the same.

Wasnt the S a special order for the chinese market, the green one went over there last year.
No,you are referring to the "Hundra". The Agera S is a normal car (well...anyway)

Koenigsegg Cars needs to appear in Gran Turismo, i doubt they will have problems with having the licence for adding these cars in their games.

Back