KTCC Special King of the Ring || Andy is the King Of The RingOpen 

Just want to say that I'm glad to see Kamy and Andil here. You both were one of the first guys I met on GTPlanet. It was in WSGTC 2, 2011. Do you guys remember?
Sure I remember. I got my only win there at Suzuka fighting with you till the last lap. Awsome race. It was your first in GTP I think 👍

Sure I remember. I got my only win there at Suzuka fighting with you till the last lap. Awsome race. It was your first in GTP I think 👍
Yep, It was my 1st race in GTP.
Sure do! - Remember a lot of great battles with you, glad to be able to race with you again 👍
And I stil remember this great race report. Shame on your DC btw :(

GT300 race was pretty epic, no doubt about that.

Started off with myself and Shrugging_Atlas pulling away at the front, and tbh thought that was that. I started to drive conservatively in the slipstream to save tyres for later on - then I noticed Kamy catching us extremely quickly. I still wanted to save tyres, so let him by to stick in the slipstream, only to then find that actually I was having to push pretty hard to keep up. Atlas made a mistake (I think?) at the Degner Curve which dropped him far enough behind to be out of contention for that moment.

Kamy pitted a lap earlier for the first stint, I went for another lap because of traffic in the pit lane and didn't want to lose time there. After the stops I came out maybe 2-3 seconds behind Kamy, and both of us were surely pushing as hard as possible, I know I was :sly: - Multiple 2:04 lap times and still the gap remained the same, until Kamy made a slight error at the chicane which was enough to get into his slipstream. From there, all of the 2nd stint was us being sensible with slipstream, working together to pull away from some guys who were clearly on different strategies - Atlas was doing a long first stint, as was Litchi.

I dc'd (Not sure why, I dropped from the room but not from PSN and net was still online - just one of those things I guess, not overly fussed) during the 3rd of 4 scheduled stints, leaving Kamy to it. I came back to watch as I knew Litchi was on a strange strategy but was still very close behind.

Sure enough with 5 laps to go, Litchi had caught Kamy and the remaining five laps were trading places lap after lap, really good to watch! And clean too, very much so - it takes some attention and skill to go side by side through Turn 1 + 2 without any contact 👍

Kamy took the GT300 win by 0.1 over Litchi in the end - really pleased for you mate, I was pushing for all I was worth at some points and was struggling to keep up. Some good clean and intelligent driving too, was cheering you on from the sidelines, haha. Thought you'd thrown it away on Lap 39 though when you were fully sideways through Degner 1 - Yeah, I saw it, don't think you get away with that one ;)

Great to have another driver like Litchi with us too, hope to see you next week! 👍 - Could see you lurking a few seconds down the road early on but knew the threat was always there - shame to disconnect or would have been a three way fight for the lead on those last few laps! Maybe next time :D

Well done @Andil, you are the king of the ring.

Well done to everyone who took part of this event. I had a blast driving at the Ring with the sun setting in the horizon while having great battles :)👍

unnamed.jpg

That was fun! I normally dread Nurburgring races but this was awesome.

A lot of respect for merlinrichards - I've not raced against you before but that was great stuff, really clean racing, side by side through some corners that would have ordinarily ended in tears, nice! 👍

Shame Scania and Litchi didn't finish closer, both had some great pace at the beginning

Looking forward to 2nd Series of KTCC now :D

I had good battles to with @raceorama123432 @Scaniabebe and @merlinrichards. Awsome racing with clean overtakes.

Race was though. Made a few erros. Went off track on lap 1 and 4, then a few minor mistakes on track. Almost spun twice at Caroussel.
Last 2 laps were though with Andy off in the distance and with growing pain on my wrists, specially on the left one.

Loved the racing and will try to take a few photos till the end of the week and share them here.

Thanks all who took part once again

Last edited:
Happy with improving 3 positions. Will definitely sign up for KTCC S2.

My race:

In qualifying messed up the carousel and lost maybe 2 seconds. This put me 6th

First lap I got a good start but then nearly spun turn 5. I then lost Scania's draft and then could only wait for the others to make mistakes. All of my passes were due to the person infront falling off, other than when I drafted past Kamy, but he got back past and then the draft was gone again. I was glad that I caught up with the lead group, got the gap down from 10.9s to 5.3s. But then tyres had gone off. Managing to pass merlin was a positive.

Very nice event, wish more like this.
For me newbie after one hour
36 sec behind feels very good.
Thanks again was awesome 👍👍👍
That is very good. Me and Andy (Top 2 guys) drived this cars for an entire season, with a lot of setup work done.

@Scaniabebe once again well done on runing that Integra so fast. Expect for me in pre season noone made it that fast. Lancer and Silvia got a bit more weight for this race but that doesn't mean much. So well done on your pace. Shame about the tire wear. But in KTCC races are short sprints. Not like this :P

A lot of respect for merlinrichards - I've not raced against you before but that was great stuff, really clean racing, side by side through some corners that would have ordinarily ended in tears, nice! 👍

Same to you mate, was a great close racing.

I dropped off at end I don't why my pace slowed and down to 4th.. pmsl ''c,mon'' lol.
Good win :@:Andil. ;)👍

Fun and Nice event :gtpflag:
cheers :@:KamyKaze1098

Last edited:
Back