Lada Granta 1600T WTCC 2014

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 11 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage introduces the Lada Granta WTCC race car 2014.
A beautiful Lada with 380 horsepower.

Lada has revealed the 2014 Granta with which it will take on World Touring Car Championship manufacturer rivals Citroen and Honda.
The new car features exaggerated aerodynamics and increased power, in accordance with the series' new regulations.

The team will expand to a three-car attack this season, having signed 2012 champion Rob Huff to partner regulars James Thompson and Mikhail Kozlovskiy.
"I'm really excited about helping to develop Lada's new car," Huff said when announcing his move in November last year.
"Coming off the back of helping to develop two cars for Chevrolet I think I can take a lot of value there."

Lada claimed its best result in WTCC history last year when Thompson finished fifth at the team's home circuit in Russia.
New rival Citroen unveiled its C-Elysee in July last year, with Honda following suit in December last year.

Lada confirmed last year that, in addition to its 2014 upgrades, it plans to introduce a brand new car for the following 2015 campaign.

The Argentine event marked the greatest day for LADA Sport Lukoil since they joined the WTCC. Rob Huff put in a remarkable effort to give the Russian manufacturer its first leading laps and podium result.
Lada is now third in the 2014 WTCC Manufacturers' Championship.

Specifications
Category: World Touring Car Championship
Constructor: Lada
Designer(s): Andrey Ruzanov, TMS Motorsport

Powertrain
Body: Lada Granta 1,6T, 4 doors.
Engine: Turbocharged 4-cylinder in line, 16 valves,
Engine location: Transversally installed
Distribution: Two overhead camshafts,
Displacement: 1597 cc
Top power: 380 hp
Max torque: 440 Nm at 3500-4000 rpm
Bore x stroke: 83,05 x 73,7 mm
Compression ratio: 12,5:1
Engine management: Magneti Marelli
Lubrication: Dry sump.
Drive train: Front-wheel-drive
Transmission: Hewland 6-speed, sequential shift
Clutch: AP double plate sintered
Differential: Mechanical limited slip differential.

Chassis
Front and rear suspension: McPherson strut, coil springs, gas-filled dampers, anti-roll bar
Steering: Power assisted rack and pinion.
Brakes: Dual circuit hydraulical system
Front brakes: 4-piston calipers, 378,5 mm steel ventilated discs
Rear brakes: 2-piston calipers, 280 mm steel ventilated discs.
Wheels: All aluminium, forged
Dimensions: 10х18

Dimensions
Length: 4479 mm
Width: 1950 mm
Wheelbase: 2556 mm
Minimum weight: 1100 kg including the driver

29pwzf9.jpg

2hp0woi.jpg

2eeiljq.jpg

Lada Granta WTCC without livery

LADA-Sport-Logo.png

THE OTHER LADAS ARE HERE:

Last edited:
I saw! Good on them for gettin the job done! Looking forward to seeing waht they can bring next season with the new car.

It should be much better in a straight line, and even more stable than the Citroens... I think it could be quicker out the box than the Hondas.

Back