Laguna Seca 200

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 87 comments
Australia
Sydney
Raptor_Race_13
laguna-seca-confirm-860x484.jpg

Hi GTPlanet!

Here we have a one off special event that is taking place on Friday 11th December 2020.

This event is a recreation of the classic Gran Turismo Enduro held at Laguna Seca

The race lobby will be open at 19:30 (UK Time) and Qualifying will begin at around 19:45.

RACE SETTINGS:

Qualifying: 10 Minutes
Start: Grid with False Start Check
Grid Order: Fastest First
Race Distance: 90 Laps
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mech Damage: Light
Tyre Wear: 3x
Fuel Depletion: 3x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 Seconds
Category: Gr.4 Multiclass
BOP: Custom
Tyres: Racing Soft Only
Tuning: Prohibited
Ghost: Off
Penalties: Strong
Side Contact Penalty: On
Driving Aids Prohibited: Countersteering Assistance
In game time/weather: 17:00/sunny

QUALIFYING SETTINGS:
10 Minutes with fuel and tyre wear multipliers turned off.

RULES/REGS:
This will be a multiclass Gr.4 event using custom tuning.

There are no livery restrictions, however all liveries must meet the community standards as set by the game.

Every car must have a unique race number, placement and style is at entrants choice.

Class A
All cars will be tuned to around the 500BHP mark with 1000kg weight (1050kg for any 4WD cars)

Class B
All cars will be tuned to around the 300BHP mark with 1000kg weight (1050kg for any 4WD cars)

I will post exact power and weight setting numbers below as entries come in.

ENTRY:

To sign up please post your:

GTPlanet name:
PSN Name:
Car:
Number:
Class:
Livery Photo (Optional):

**Please Note**
The race lobby will be set to Friends Only. For those that are not currently on my friends list can send a request to Raptor_Race_13

Entry List:

Class A
1. Raptor_Race_13 / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution / #13
2. trevonick / Porsche Cayman / #42
3. ILLEAGLE_34 / GT by Citroen / #34
4. MeekrabKabob / Acura NSX / #01
5. II-NOVA-II / Porsche Cayman / #4
6. Drex124 / Dodge Viper / #46

Class B
1. tmsheehan / Alfa Romeo 4C / #921
2. antonisabios073 / Mercedes SLS AMG / #8
3. DrSpyderPig / Ferrari 458 Italia / #7
4. SydViscus / Ferrari 458 Italia / #88

Class A Car BOP
1. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 495BHP (127%) / 1050kg (79%)
2. Ferrari 458 Italia 495BHP (132%) / 999kg (74%)
3. Acura NSX 494BHP (125%) / 1006kg (74%)
4. Porsche Cayman 493BHP (130%) / 1001kg (77%)
5. GT by Citroen 493BHP (125%) / 1001kg (77%)
6. Dodge Viper 493BHP (115%) / 1008kg (72%)

Class B BOP
1. Alfa Romeo 4C 301BHP (102%) / 999kg (98%)
2. Mercedes SLS AMG 301BHP (72%) / 1004kg (71%)
3. Ferrari 458 Italia 299BHP (80%) / 999kg (74%)

Last edited:
Official Laguna Seca 200 Race Results:

1. #42 trevonick / Porsche Cayman / 2h:06m:42.853
2. #01 MeekrabKabob / Acura NSX / +1m:21.202
3. #13 Raptor_Race_13 / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution / + 3 Laps
4. #7 DrSpyderPig / Ferrari 458 Italia / + 4 Laps
5. #88 SydViscus / Ferrari 458 Italia / + 5 Laps
6. #8 antonisabios073 / Mercedes SLS AMG / + 9 Laps
7. #4 II-NOVA-II / Porsche Cayman / DNF 79 Laps

Last edited:
@Raptor013

Hi mate. This looks great! I've thought a lot about recreating old Gran Turismo Endurance races :cheers:

Unfortunately in my case I cannot make that Friday :indiff:

I really hope you get a full grid for this one (I'm sure you will).

Have a cracking race! I look forward to watching any race footage video you may do to see the action that I'll be missing.

:)👍

@Raptor013

Hi mate. This looks great! I've thought a lot about recreating old Gran Turismo Endurance races :cheers:

Unfortunately in my case I cannot make that Friday :indiff:

I really hope you get a full grid for this one (I'm sure you will).

Have a cracking race! I look forward to watching any race footage video you may do to see the action that I'll be missing.

:)👍

All good, I'll probably host some others throughout 2021 as well.

Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately, I will not be available that afternoon (Est)... 2+ hours is a bit too long to leave an 8 and 5 year old unattended ...lol. I do like the format, and I'm certain you will see a great mixing of the classes throughout the longer race, especially with the varying class specs. I run a Michelin Pilot Challenge styled series using GS and TCR Class spec'd cars with a staggered start. This gives the TCR Class a 30 second head start to force a merging of the classes since we run 2 seperate 40 minute races...the racing is a blast. Hope you secure a solid grid and a great race. As paoloevans said, I'll be looking for some replay footage when it becomes available. Good luck on a great idea and great event.:cheers:

Looks like a great race (I'd go for the Ferrari in class B, personally) but, it's a little too early for me, that day. Won't finish work until 20:00 UK time.

Thanks for the invite, though :cheers:

Last edited:
Sounds like a really cool format, but I'm on call that week and I wouldn't want to be called out in the middle of a race.

Sometimes my coworkers want to pick up extra on-call time though, so I'll get back to you if that happens :)

Looks like a great race (I'd go for the Ferrari in class B, personally) but, it's a little too early for me, that day. Won't finish work until 20:00 UK time.

Thanks for the invite, though :cheers:

I can certainly move the start time back to later in the evening if that helps. I mean it does mean I get extra sleep as race start is 6am Saturday for me.

I'm interested in this, I'm thinking class A and Megane Trophy, but will confirm after a test.

GTPlanet name: Lazybike
PSN Name: trevonick
Car: Porsche Cayman
Number: 42
Class: A

Last edited:
I wanna cry when I see these races come up. The form of motor racing I love the most (endurance) I can't compete in because I just can't go the distance with a controller.. 1.5 hours is my max, and I seem to recall the classic Leguna Seca event takes at least 2 hours :irked:. I'll have to give this one a miss, but it's a great idea!

Good luck to all who can make it! You might also want to tag @Pigems ... Leguna Seca is one of his faves, next to Big Willow :dopey:.

Thank you very much for the invite (and for the GT3 memories...) but after my Interlagos fiasco I think I'm done with the endurance races :( . I'm just too damn slow :( :( :( .

Yeah, I meant to ask. What happened at Interlagos? You entered the pits and then never came out again?

[off]
Yeah, I meant to ask. What happened at Interlagos? You entered the pits and then never came out again?
After the first corner everybody...
lightspeed.gif

I've had problems letting go the faster cars too... so I just gave up :( . I've lost 6+ sec/lap even when I pushed hard af :( . Yep, shame on me :( .[/off]

wow 6 seconds a lap. That's insane, I mean I know I was 3 seconds off the leading pace and fighting the car from lap 10 onwards but just wow.

Yeah, that's tough. Especially when you've got no one else to race against.

I know I struggled to stay interested once it was clear that I was no longer able to challenge for positions.

I ended up spending the race trying to figure out why it was driving so poorly, compared with when I've taken it out in the FIA races.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the invite (and for the GT3 memories...) but after my Interlagos fiasco I think I'm done with the endurance races :( . I'm just too damn slow :( :( :( .

I am racing, won't you reconsider?

I am a clean but very very slow racer and could use someone to chase (that won't be too many laps ahead of me).

GTPlanet name: ILLEAGLE_34
PSN Name: ILLEAGLE_34
Car: Ferrari
Number:34
Class: GR4-GR3.
Or whatever else is available. I’m down to have anybody choose the car I drive. No way I finish into the top 3/10. Might as well drive something different. If accepted crazy livery to come.
Lost sign in email for pSN ILLEAGLE_34. Any suggestions to recover would be appreciated.
ALT PSN: OCULUS_34

Last edited:
GTPlanet name: ILLEAGLE_34
PSN Name: ILLEAGLE_34
Car: Ferrari
Number:34
Class: GR4-GR3.
Or whatever else is available. I’m down to have anybody choose the car I drive. No way I finish into the top 3/10. Might as well drive something different. If accepted crazy livery to come.

Its a Gr.4 race only. The Class A cars will have around 500bhp whilst the Class B cars around the 300bhp range.

GTPlanet name: Timm Sheehan
PSN Name: tmsheehan
Car: Alpha Romeo 4C
Number: 921
Class: B?
Livery Photo (Optional):

5620585873457315849_23.jpg

For 90 laps I think this will be a nice easy drive for the Nerf!

EDIT:
HP 301 (102%)
Weight 2090 lbs (93%) - not sure if this within standards
TCS 2
BB -2
Best Lap: 1:30.272 (so far)

Last edited:
I happen to have the 11th off work and love Gr. 4 cars, can I has #01?

GTPlanet name: meekrab
PSN Name: MeekrabKabob
Car: Honda/Acura NSX
Number: 01

Assuming the BoP will be 125/74 for 494 hp / 2218 lbs but I would happily get another point of weight removed since I can't get any more power. ;)

Obligatory anime girl livery:

5116089258458743820_0.jpg

Last edited:
I happen to have the 11th off work and love Gr. 4 cars, can I has #01?

GTPlanet name: meekrab
PSN Name: MeekrabKabob
Car: Honda/Acura NSX
Number: 01

Assuming the BoP will be 125/74 for 494 hp / 2218 lbs but I would happily get another point of weight removed since I can't get any more power. ;)

Obligatory anime girl livery:

5116089258458743820_0.jpg
Welcome to the race, you can have #01, there are no reserved numbers for this event aside from those already requested by entries received.

Nice livery. And yes that would be the Class A BoP for this race.

Last edited:
Back