Laguna Seca circuit experience

• Thread starter AbbyEC
  • 45 comments
United States
United States
R4M_Robby
Hi, I'm trying to get gold on the 1 lap attack for laguna seca's circuit experience and I jsut can't seem to beat a 1.29.2. I've watch over a hours worth a guides and tutorial and been trying for over 4 hours. I've got gold on all the segments, but I jsut can't get this lap. Could someone help me out here?

It's funny that you're saying this because I just went crazy all afternoon trying to gold that very same lap. Sections were easier to gold, but the full lap was hard as hell for me.
I loved that Viper in GT Sport but this thing really made me hate it now. The biggest issue for me is that the car doesn't steer much, even with no steering assistance and steering sensitivity at 7.
I tried different settings, no tcs, brake balance back and forth and finally made it. Don't ask how, it just happened after 3 freaking hours.

And I could finally afford the McLaren F1 GTR longtail:bowdown:.

As already written in the big topic, the Viper needs weight on the front axle, but hates it when you brake too hard and then try to steer, but you can dose it very well with the accelerator pedal.

Thanks, for the help. I've been able to take another tenth out of my time but im still not making much headway. At this point ive done over 200 miles today only just trying to get this lap.

Update. I got a randomly good time of 1.28.667 and have not been able to replicate anything even into the 1.28's for the past two hours.
It sounds like you're on the way.

Are you consistently finishing laps? If not I would recommend redoing sectors 2 and 3 until you are comfortable with the corners in those. I was pretty much running 1:29s before I was able to beat it. My other time into the 1:28s was 1:28.601. Eventually the practice paid off and I was able to take the corners more consistently.

Been at this one for 2 days on and off in 2 to 3 hour sessions. At 1:29.663. It’s killing me but I’m determined. Here searching for tips lol

I am glad I am not the only one struggling with this. Now .2 of a second off gold!

It is properly rage inducing! Just no margin for error at all and those curbs are the bane of my life right now!

The worst thing about that challenge is that it teaches you to cut sausage curbs. Like, really? If not a penalty then surely my car will be sent to the shadow realm if I try that online.

For me it was a couple things.

• Straddle the sausage curb at the kink. You barely need any braking before it. Keep it in fourth
  • Floor it right after the first/top corner apex at the corkscrew. Down shift to second to rotate the car on entry then immediately shift to third for better traction.
  • Brake and turn in earlier than you think for the left hander after the corkscrew. You should be able to get on the power early here too

And for all CE's, watch the demonstrations and put the ghost car 0.3 or 0.4 seconds ahead of you

Also run the 10 laps WTC700 races a dozen times with a GR4 car...it really optimized my driving around that track trying to chase down the GR4 Suzuki...lol

haha that was the first two hours of my attempts before analysing the demo now I’m a sausage rider

I tried and tried. Either I got disqualified, launched or slid sideways (which worked out if I got lucky, but the other times it just slowed me down). I decided to go conservative there and hoped I didn't lose too much on the other parts.

A good exit at the final corner is vital. Take it slower than you think to optimize exit speed. Get it straight as soon as you can, and it should still hook in 2nd for good acceleration out of it. Stay off the green if you can.

Laguna is my most consistent track in any game I play. I love it that much. I’m struggling trying to get the viper to turn in. Might just buy it to learn the car. Golding the sections were easy as hell. This 1 lap tho….

It sounds like you're on the way.

Are you consistently finishing laps? If not I would recommend redoing sectors 2 and 3 until you are comfortable with the corners in those. I was pretty much running 1:29s before I was able to beat it. My other time into the 1:28s was 1:28.601. Eventually the practice paid off and I was able to take the corners more consistently.
I finish probably 80% of my laps. The ones I do loss are mostly in turns 6 and 11. I am also not very consistent on turn 9 and often loss a lot of time by not getting it right.

another night still haven’t cracked it, got within a second now, 1:29.308 this is going to really hold the game up for me as I’ll refuse to do anything else until I get it.

Back