Laguna Seca circuit experience

• Thread starter AbbyEC
  • 45 comments
finally 1:28.258 patch may have helped, still took over an hour
Nice work. I manage to do it as well; 1:28,436.
Ditto, a few days ago. 1:28.335

Probably tried 50 times a few weeks back (most aborted well before finishing the lap) and my best time was still .600" off gold. Went back to retry and took about five attempts and two completed laps to do it. Either I got a lot better, or the patch helped; want to believe the former, but was likely the latter.

Regardless, an extra 800k in the bank.

Discrepancy between sectors and full lap is mental on this one. Despite gold on all sectors pre-1.13 I went back with the aim of beating them consistently, which wasn't all that hard. Up by 0.5s in S1, 0.3s in S2, S3.

Gave up last night still 2/10ths away from gold on the full lap. Definitely doable because I could make that up on the first corner alone, but was struggling to match my best on the rest of the lap. Hopefully crack it without too much effort next time out.

I finally did it as well at 1:28.487. It still took me a bit and the lap was sloppy so I’m sure the 1.13 patch was what helped. Mainly on the exit on the first hairpin and the exit on the last turn where I’d spin out from being a degree off angle with a butt hair of too much gas.

I've finally done this one too, after about 100 tries! Then I managed to do all of willow springs with barely a single retry!!

I've finally done this one too, after about 100 tries! Then I managed to do all of willow springs with barely a single retry!!
Yeah I had this experience too, difficulty is inconsistent. I still have a good few to go but I've found Barcelona to be the hardest, Laguna Seca, and Mount Panorama was quite hard too.

Apparently Le Mans and Nordschleife are the absolute puts, so I'll be leaving that til last.

Last edited:
Wow. This one took me the best part of a week!

I automatically assumed that very heavy brake balance towards the front would be the way to go due to some of the very tight corners. So I spent pretty much all my attempts running F5 or F4.

I then decided that it might be time to see if there are any tips so I popped into this forum and decided to switch to R2 as some people have suggested. Completed it within 3 attempts. 😂

So to confirm I had TC off, no assists and brake balance to R2. As many people have said the key here is to try and coast the damn thing through corners. I’m so glad that this one is out of the way, now it’s in to Mount Panorama where I have a feeling I am going to be hitting a lot of walls.

I automatically assumed that very heavy brake balance towards the front would be the way to go due to some of the very tight corners. So I spent pretty much all my attempts running F5 or F4.

I then decided that it might be time to see if there are any tips so I popped into this forum and decided to switch to R2 as some people have suggested. Completed it within 3 attempts. 😂

So to confirm I had TC off, no assists and brake balance to R2. As many people have said the key here is to try and coast the damn thing through corners. I’m so glad that this one is out of the way, now it’s in to Mount Panorama where I have a feeling I am going to be hitting a lot of walls.

This is one of the tougher ones. I abandoned it a few months back, was hoping physics tweaks may have made it easier. But sounds like that isn't the case.

B80
This is one of the tougher ones. I abandoned it a few months back, was hoping physics tweaks may have made it easier. But sounds like that isn't the case.
Oh I found this one really tough, believe me!

The thing was when I was running heavy front braking I could do very consistent times but was always around 1 second off of the Gold time. I think that when I changed to R2 muscle memory kicked in.

Don’t give up on this one though buddy give it another try. 👍

Mt. Panorama took quite a long time for me (other than Nordschleife which I haven't gold yet). It took as long as golding the entire Tokyo layouts which I really hated. I thought it's actually harder for me than Tokyo due to the uphill side.

Mt. Panorama took quite a long time for me (other than Nordschleife which I haven't gold yet). It took as long as golding the entire Tokyo layouts which I really hated. I thought it's actually harder for me than Tokyo due to the uphill side.
I have been at Mt. Panorama for 2 days now buddy. Have golded all 4 sections and am down to 1.9 seconds off the one lap gold time.

I don’t think this one will take me too much longer (fingers crossed!)

As for the sectors most were relatively easy but I did get stuck on sector 2 for a very long time.

I have been at Mt. Panorama for 2 days now buddy. Have golded all 4 sections and am down to 1.9 seconds off the one lap gold time.

I don’t think this one will take me too much longer (fingers crossed!)

As for the sectors most were relatively easy but I did get stuck on sector 2 for a very long time.
Yeah sector 2 was hard but the full lap was even harder. I still don't know how I managed to gold it.

Yeah sector 2 was hard but the full lap was even harder. I still don't know how I managed to gold it.
I finally made it!!

Spent pretty much all day yesterday and only managed to shave 0.3 seconds off my best time. I was just over 1 second from the gold and felt that I had hit a wall (pardon the pun!)

Then this morning fresh after a good nights sleep and everything just came together. Got within 0.06 and then on the next run I did it!!

Traction control off and front brake bias set to 5 did it for me. That was tough but thoroughly enjoyable! I think I have 4 remaining now (Tokyo Expressway Central Counterclockwise/Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta/24 Heures Du Mans and Nordsleife)

I am saving Nordsleife until last as I think that one is going to take me a very long time to crack.

I finally made it!!

Spent pretty much all day yesterday and only managed to shave 0.3 seconds off my best time. I was just over 1 second from the gold and felt that I had hit a wall (pardon the pun!)

Then this morning fresh after a good nights sleep and everything just came together. Got within 0.06 and then on the next run I did it!!

Traction control off and front brake bias set to 5 did it for me. That was tough but thoroughly enjoyable! I think I have 4 remaining now (Tokyo Expressway Central Counterclockwise/Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta/24 Heures Du Mans and Nordsleife)

I am saving Nordsleife until last as I think that one is going to take me a very long time to crack.
Nordschleife is hard for me but it's because of the damn car. Good luck.

I was able to complete Gold on Nordschleife and Mt Panorama in the last couple of days, a nice $6 million. I still can't get the full lap of Laguna Seca, plus about 2/3 of the Tokyo ones. I hate the damn Tokyo tracks. And of course the dirt tracks, which I haven't managed either.

Back