Laidback Drifting Converstaion |Song of the Week|

• Thread starter CheladaJr
  • 42 comments
Great stuff.

I love the Japanese stuff. You couldnt get away with alot of the shenanigans that go on over there at British tracks.

Would love a trip to Japan to Bihoku and ebisu etc.

Bring me that monkey!
I'm looking to build a car soon, my brother has a MX5 sitting in his garage that he hasn't touched in months now he's got a Mazda 6. If I can get my hands on it, going to look to build a drift car on a budget. Locked diff, small turbo, cold air intake, performance air filter, remove excess parts to lighten it up and it should be good to go. Around 200HP with a light body should to the job. :)

Bring me that monkey!
I'm looking to build a car soon, my brother has a MX5 sitting in his garage that he hasn't touched in months now he's got a Mazda 6. If I can get my hands on it, going to look to build a drift car on a budget. Locked diff, small turbo, cold air intake, performance air filter, remove excess parts to lighten it up and it should be good to go. Around 200HP with a light body should to the job. :)
Sounds great man.

I'm in a FWD honda at the moment, but the bug has bitten, and I will 100% be buying an old E36/180sx/S14 at some point in the next few years and giving it a new life as a hoonigan :gtpflag:

Sounds great man.

I'm in a FWD honda at the moment, but the bug has bitten, and I will 100% be buying an old E36/180sx/S14 at some point in the next few years and giving it a new life as a hoonigan :gtpflag:

Hell yes! Some brilliant roads up in the hills where I live. Think I'll be spending a lot of time their lol.

Better example:

You get a half decent snow fall up there then!

I'm north London so rarely see anything like that.

Looks like some great roads, I've got some very interesting roads in my surrounding area, just far enough outside of London to have a little countryside within a 10 minute drive.

You get a half decent snow fall up there then!

I'm north London so rarely see anything like that.

Looks like some great roads, I've got some very interesting roads in my surrounding area, just far enough outside of London to have a little countryside within a 10 minute drive.

This would be great, it's in the UK too. Sommerset
ssprag833.jpg

This would be great, it's in the UK too. Sommerset
ssprag833.jpg
We have a yearly trip to mid wales.

The Honda gets a serious thrashing once the mrs and little guy are at the campsite, some epic roads in the UK, just need to know where to find them ;)

I did a run from Barmouth to betsy-coed (sp?:dunce:) in 35 minutes one early morning to meet a friend. Would normally take atleast an hour at a normal (brisk with safe overtakes) pace with moderate traffic.

Got some fond memories of Wales :gtpflag:

We have a yearly trip to mid wales.

The Honda gets a serious thrashing once the mrs and little guy are at the campsite, some epic roads in the UK, just need to know where to find them ;)

I did a run from Barmouth to betsy-coed (sp?:dunce:) in 35 minutes one early morning to meet a friend. Would normally take atleast an hour at a normal (brisk with safe overtakes) pace with moderate traffic.

Got some fond memories of Wales :gtpflag:

It's a shame most of the roads are terrible though, not a road without a pothole in the centres :(

It's a shame most of the roads are terrible though, not a road without a pothole in the centres :(
I find alot of the Welsh roads are okay, nothing compared to the craters round here.

Wouldn't like to run a stiff track car on the roads round here, potholes and speed bumps everywhere. Makes for good obstacle avoidance practice though :lol:

I find alot of the Welsh roads are okay, nothing compared to the craters round here.

Wouldn't like to run a stiff track car on the roads round here, potholes and speed bumps everywhere. Makes for good obstacle avoidance practice though :lol:

99 Impreza is the worst on these roads, talking from experience lol. I'd say the comfiest JDM has been the Supra SZ.

99 Impreza is the worst on these roads, talking from experience lol. I'd say the comfiest JDM has been the Supra SZ.
Yeh the supra showing its gran tourer side.

My honda has OAP spec comfy suspension, but I'm planning a swap to the (only slightly) lower and stiffer MG ZS180 gas dampers and springs(shared platform) . Plus rear ARB. Tried and tested mods for the aerodeck and perfect for the UK roads.

Last edited:
Back