Lamborghini’s 50th anniversary - Veneno (Lambo's fastest car ever!)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 307 comments
I just realized what that reminds me of;

The Mach 5.
sr_screenshot_60.jpg

I love it, though. Looks great. As mentioned already, it's a concept, and concepts are usually out of this world/never destined production.

It's allowed to look a little "ugly", which is always subjective.
EDIT - Jalopnik coverage.
http://jalopnik.com/the-lamborghini-egoista-only-needs-one-seat-to-be-amazi-502416315
http://jalopnik.com/in-defense-of-the-bat****-insane-lamborghini-egoista-503569711

Last edited:
Nah, the Mach 5 could take out baddies, the Lamborghini is there to sell branded clothing and cologne. ;) Front end does resemble the 5 a bit.

^That was pretty well known; the company is trying to branch out a bit more.
Could this be previewing some styling cues of the Gallardo replacement, the tentatively called Cabrera? I hope not.
Very unlikely.

The whole concept of angles & sharp designs that Lamborghini has done since the Estoque & Reventon will play a major role, but it should be a smoother overall design like the Aventador on a Gallardo-sized body.

^That was pretty well known; the company is trying to branch out a bit more.

I wasn't aware it got the go ahead already. I do know they have been pushing hard for it to happen. I'm in love with the idea, though. Maybe one day outside of electronic media I will be able to enjoy these awesome vehicles.

And I agree about this car not being a preview styling. At least not a line for line one. I'm sure ideas will transfer into other cars down the line from the Sesto Elemento, Veneno, and now the Egoista, but these are so out there it just wouldn't work as a straight design preview like let's say.... Ford's Evos concept does.

This car is amazing. This is the outrageous type of car that Lamborghini is known for and is expected to make.

This car is amazing. This is the outrageous type of car that Lamborghini is known for and is expected to make.

That is probably one of the few times we've actually agreed on something here.

Here are some press photos btw, courtesy of autoblog;

lamborghiniegoista000.jpg

lamborghiniegoista001.jpg

lamborghiniegoista002.jpg

lamborghiniegoista003.jpg

lamborghiniegoista004.jpg

lamborghiniegoista005.jpg

lamborghiniegoista006.jpg

lamborghiniegoista007.jpg

lamborghiniegoista008.jpg

lamborghiniegoista009.jpg

lamborghiniegoista010.jpg

lamborghiniegoista011.jpg

Wow. Not my cup of tea, but it's a properly insane Lambo. I wouldn't be surprised if it had cannon concealed in there somewhere.

I don't understand why references to fighter jets need to be completely superficial. Are all the excessively sharp edges necessary? And the navigation lights? If you want a fighter car, why not take a look at wing/body blending and make the styling functional?

I guess at least the resmeblence to a fighter is less goofy than it was for the Reventon.

LAMBORGHINI
lamborghini-aventador-lp700-4-02.jpg

WAT R U DOIN
2012-lamborghini-sesto-el-1_600x0w.jpg

LAMBORGHINI
lamborghini-veneno-1.jpg

STAHP
Lamborghini-egoista.jpg

Bustin' caps

Last edited:
That's the most amazingly awesome car I've ever seen. What an amazing design. It looks like something straight out of a Wipeout game. I think I've found my new ultimate dream car. :drool:

Stealth tech, circa 1975

f-117-nighthawk-cruising.jpg

Stealth tech, circa 1990
f-22-19990601-f-0000l-001.jpg

Lamborghini: The 'image' or 'style' you are trying to ape is decades old and not high tech or advanced anymore at all. It is actually obsolete by more than a generation and retired. Please, please stop.

To make an analogy, imagine Lamborghini had released the Countach, in 1974, to ape the design of a 38 year old airplane instead of actually designing something fresh and wonderful. It would have come out looking like a Morgan. Lamborghini, get your **** straight, please.

That very same old tech is still highly advanced by most standards. And most of the modern car world doesn't use those craft as inspiration themselves which makes their cars that much more unique. It's still looks "cutting edge" which is the designers' whole purpose. Put that next to any other car and not look sideways in bewilderment at the Egoista or Veneno I dare ya.

Besides, the Raptor is actually still the current craft in service and no one has beat it outside of the US in performance or crazy design.

Editto - also, plenty of designers use inspirations from all eras to design new concepts and the what not. Common practice (and sense).

I got a few cars from the 80's in my office now like they just came out yesterday. Lol

Last edited:
Stealth tech, circa 1975

Stealth tech, circa 1990
What is the modern stealth plane?
If they based the Egoista on it, I doubt the styling would look as badass as the F-117 inspired design. It would probably look like any other supercar, wouldn't it?

The current era of Lamborghini styling started from the Reventon in 2008, which was influenced by the Raptor. The Raptor had only been in production for 3 years prior, so it's pretty stupid to sit here & call the styling obsolete & retired for something that's still in production today.

Ever since, the styling has not been influenced by stealth aircraft, it has been an evolution of the Reventon/Estoque's cues.

Last edited:
Reminds me a bit of the 1993 Stealth car, designed by Lotus/McLaren designer, Jim Router.
(Especially the windscreen).

i214162.jpg

Look better then the Veneno and the center seated driving position reminds me the Mclaren F1. This is a winner in my book.

That very same old tech is still highly advanced by most standards. And most of the modern car world doesn't use those craft as inspiration themselves which makes their cars that much more unique. It's still looks "cutting edge" which is the designers' whole purpose. Put that next to any other car and not look sideways in bewilderment at the Egoista or Veneno I dare ya.
To me it comes off as lazy, especially for a supercar. But I guess maybe if this is just some attention getting concept, it's not a big deal. Still, the nav lights on the roof and the ultra sharp edges have nothing to do with cars. Why are they there?

The air intake front end thing could be useful, but the rest of the car seems a bit silly.

Besides, the Raptor is actually still the current craft in service and no one has beat it outside of the US in performance or crazy design.
That was his point. The car does not look like the F-22. It looks like the thing that came before the thing that came before the F-22. Though I don't mind that the design was based on something old, I do mind that it is completely impractical.

When first I saw it I thought it looked like crap. Then I read about the concept and I got the idea. As a concept I think it's brilliant. The silhouette of a charging bull, the horns pointing forward on the sides, the cubism. As an abstract sculpture of a bull it's pretty good and it should belong to a museum of fine art.

It's also a provoking design. All good art should stir the senses ;)

As a car? Well, I wouldn't want to be seen driving it. But as the risk of that ever happening is less than zero I'm not too bothered.

It looks a little bit like the Lamborghini Pregunta concept from 1998:

1998-heuliez-pregunta-concept-11.jpg

Wow. At least we know now where the cubism comes from - they're overcompensating for that!

Last edited:
Maybe the Egoista is the demented, evil cousin to the BAC Mono since it's a single seater?

To me it comes off as lazy, especially for a supercar. But I guess maybe if this is just some attention getting concept, it's not a big deal. Still, the nav lights on the roof and the ultra sharp edges have nothing to do with cars. Why are they there?

The air intake front end thing could be useful, but the rest of the car seems a bit silly.

That was his point. The car does not look like the F-22. It looks like the thing that came before the thing that came before the F-22. Though I don't mind that the design was based on something old, I do mind that it is completely impractical.

Yep. The Tuatara pulls off the modern aviation look, unintentionally, more convincingly than any of these Lambo concepts. I think it's so childish.

You should just apply for lead design at Lamborghini, because clearly you know what they need to be doing, and they just don't have a clue.

Last edited:
A smart move for Lamborghini is to make a new Gallardo, countach, produce that miura concept, new diablo.

A smart move for Lamborghini is to make a new Gallardo, countach, produce that miura concept, new diablo.

I don't think you've been paying attention to their company at all, especially as of late.

A new "Diablo" has already been made, twice. They were called the Murcielago, and Aventador. If you are looking for a return to that name, Lamborghini doesn't revisit old names for new production cars.

A Gallardo replacement is forthcoming. Again, replacement being the key word.

And they stated they will not produce the Miura concept years ago, as they don't want to go back in design language.

Last edited:

Lamborghini doesn't recycle their car names. Each new car gets his own unique name.

And what's the point about having a new Countach/Diablo/Miura next to the Aventador? All three where succesors in the brands top segment. The Aventador is the Murcielago is the Diablo is the Countach is the Miura.

If there's one segment that Lamborghini could design a new a car in, it's the grand-touring class. Like the Estoque from a few years back and the Espada 40 years ago.

The new Gallardo is planned for next year and I'm very curious about what the design direction will be.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back