Land Speed cars & Bonneville

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rdp616
  • 37 comments
  • 3,598 views

Would you like to see this added to GT6? or 7?

  • Yes, i want to break the sound barrier.

    Votes: 98 58.3%
  • Eh, better than the moon.

    Votes: 22 13.1%
  • Salt Flats don't entertain me.

    Votes: 48 28.6%

  • Total voters
    168
If they can't put simple drag strip's in the game ...
 
*snip* ... breaking the sound barrier would be more than the game engine could cope with? It needs to be consecutive with the other vehicles, and the same physics and calculations effecting the Honda Fit also applying to super sonic cars? I do not want any GT game to have that much in reserve. I want 260mph to be the most that Polyphony can recreate, really pushing whatever platform they are on.

I GT5 with the hacked RB cars they would actually break the sound barrier. And by that I mean they literally created sonic booms in the replays so I have got to think the game engine can handle it. If you drove in cockpit view you could barely see due to vibrations above 400mph. I'm sure the ability is there in the GT6 engine. The fact that it seemed to work in GT5 makes me wonder if they hadn't already thought about this in the past.
 
Aussie Invader is gonna kick Bloodhounds arse... :)
And if you wanna go supersonic you need dirt not salt.
 
Would be pretty cool!

But...Add it to the list alongside a Drag Racing mode on the "Would be awesome, but we ain't gettin it because PD does what it wants to not what the fans suggest doing" list.
 
Ooh yes, I can already feel the gameplay of the Bonneville Land Speed Record special event
"Press Accelerate!"
40 seconds pass
"Gold medal! 300,000 Cr!!"
 
Back