Lap time challenge #14: NSX @ Nordschleife

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 49 comments
Where do you copy these top time tunes?
There's a few in the other time trial thread. Metalgear posted one he did a very fast time with. YouTubers have also posted tunes, e.g. I think kie's tune was used by someone in the top 10 (at the time of the video).

There's no way to see everyones setup, but enough people have posted tunes capable of fast times that skill is going to be the issue for this tt, not the tune.

I like it because I like to think I'm good at that track and it's humbling to see how many thousands of other players are way better. It's a great track for a time trial because of how many areas you can lose or gain time. Also neat of PD to allow tuning. I don't think my special tuning part has done me any special favors though.

I like it because I like to think I'm good at that track and it's humbling to see how many thousands of other players are way better. It's a great track for a time trial because of how many areas you can lose or gain time. Also neat of PD to allow tuning. I don't think my special tuning part has done me any special favors though.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Nordschleife is definitely the track that separates the men from the boys. It's a great benchmark if you ask me.

I also agree with the sentiment that with the number of fast tunes available, your time is mostly down to your skill. There is something to be said for finding the tune that matches your driving style best and allows you to reach your best potential on the track.

At the end, it's all just great fun and why we play this game, right?

Slowly making progress...intentionally playing on DualSense to get a grasp of what non-wheel users have to deal with.

With my own setup and mediocre tuning abilities, 6:58.0 so far. Could do a 6:57.0 or something at this point, but requires a perfect lap. Need to work on the setup more.

And even if I reach the gold time, it will mean nothing as it will drop further, we're still early into the time trial.
I can't imagine how anyone plays this game with a controller, and even more, gets top times. When I first started with GT5, I realized within the first day that I had to get a wheel. At least now with PS5/GT7 they have the "steering-sensitive" controller which is a huge improvement. I wonder if controller guys are using that or still using buttons and sticks

Hard to swallow if you screw up in the last sector :)
I was on a record lap heading for silver a few days ago and exactly this happened, very frustrating! It took me a couple more hours to get back to that lap and finally eek into silver territory by 0.13. Fortunately, I shaved a few more tenths off after that, so hoping I'm still good with 7:02.5 :)

How many of us busted ourselves trying to accomplish mission 35 in GT4? The one where you are in the McLaren SLR and you have to beat all before the end of lap. I practiced and tried countless hours to pass that one mission and all I was able to do is to really know and learn that course

Tuning is not the problem, well its little bit. What makes this TT hard, is the drift kings.

Im sure that Ive heard that Japan players love nord sleife and these top guys have had plenty of time to practise and tune the car.

I havent got gold yet, and dont think that Ill even try anymore 😄😄

So dont blame tuning, its not completely at fault here. 😄

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to give for now, there will be many other TT's that I'm sure i'll be good at but this is just too long and it is easy to mess up anywhere. Plus this car is sometimes unsteady when you turn/drive it a certain way. So it really isn't worth it. There are other ways to grind money. I'm alliviating this stress/frustration.

It finally happened. I have been pushed to the breaking point.

I will gracefully accept defeat and receive the silver reward, I just can't do this. For 90% of the event duration I ran on DualSense, to get a feel on how difficult the trial is with a controller. Surprisingly, a time I set on the 26th with a terrible setup still remains my best time. Despite improving the setup and hopping back behind the wheel, I couldn't improve. I got good individual sectors but I could never put a lap together despite coming close many times.

Next to my 13 golds will now be one silver, one that will be a reminder of the Time Trial that should've never happened (thanks PD). With 10 hours remaining, and midnight over in Finland, I choose to prioritize my sanity and sleep over a single gold that ultimately will only change the fact that I receive 1 million less and that the menu looks "imperfect"

Congrats to those who made it, I just cannot be bothered to try anymore. I'm done. I'm tired. Knowing when to give up is a strength as well; you can't always win. Especially with a car that handles like absolute horse crap, despite being one of the best handling MRs out there. The NSX is actually my favourite car of all-time, but this Time Trial made me feel like the complete opposite. Get your act together PD...please.

The only consolation to take home from this, is that I won't lose much sleep over it, considering the car is near-impossible to drive, combined with Nordschleife AND the ability to tune, makes not reaching gold less disappointing.

/rant

Let it be known that I only ever used my own setup, one that I kept working on. I tried another setup at the very end of my session, but it felt so drastically different that I was still faster with my own. I wanted to get gold with my own setup, especially since I suck at fine-tuning cars, so receiving gold would've made it that much more satisfactory. But alas, I was defeated.

Last edited:
I moved the ballast to the middle on Madmax's tune and found it much improved. Squeaked under the gold time with 6:54.322. The record hasn't moved for a few days, so I hope I'm safe.

I finally beat my PB that I set on the 27th with controller but it took me until just a few minutes ago. I'm excited to be back on the top of my friend list 😂😂

I'm glad this time trial is over. I think they should scrapped the tuning in the first place, it took all week to finally get a tune down.

Insensitive much, @Sojiira ?
Huh? Sorry, the way I read your rant was with a funny voice in my head, I thought you were going for a dramedy.

But I feel a bit of your pain, I didnt get gold either. Just barely broke the 7 min time my last session.

I thought the combo was super fun though. From the squirrely stock base to a tune that made it super stable. It was fun hotlapping in different settings and seeing how the car behaves. I just wish I had more time to do it.

Glad that's over. I'll make sure this remains the only silver I'll ever get.

Flsl9Q4WIAAVVz_.jpg

Sorry to hear that you missed, man. But why didn’t you try other setups that were shared earlier on (except for when it was too late)? At first I was too a bit worried I might lose my streak but in the end I got gold quite comfortably by over 4 seconds.

Sorry to hear that you missed, man. But why didn’t you try other setups that were shared earlier on (except for when it was too late)? At first I was too a bit worried I might lose my streak but in the end I got gold quite comfortably by over 4 seconds.
Well, as I said, I did try one tune before giving up, but since it felt so drastically different, it would've taken time to get used to it.

I wanted to get gold with my own setup, but just didn't happen (the potential was there though)

Did anybody else get an annoying audio bug after the rewards screen for this TT? It's only ever happened on this one.

After hitting OK on the payout screen, it got superimposed by the normal new Gr.4 screen whilst the 'ticking' sound of the credits incoming seemed to get stuck.

I had a headset plugged into my controller at the time so I didn't realise, and I was already on a countdown to Race C by the time I put it on my head and wondered WTF was going on. Had to reset the game to get rid of it.

Back