Laptop stutters when playing any game on any setting

• Thread starter CoopR_26
  • 3 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
CoopR_26
Hello, I am lost as to where to post this, so I thought might as well give GTPlanet a shot. I've got a Lenovo Gaming Laptop that I mostly use for school and work stuff, but I also occasionally game on it. Up until a few weeks orso everything was fine, but now I'm experiencing what feels like FPS drops and screen tearing. I've got 16GB of ram and a GTX 1650 and used to be able to run games like GTA V, Far Cry 5 and Rocket League steadily at a decent frame rate. However I've recently aquired FIFA 22 and it's borderline unplayable, I tried other games as well and its the same issues. I'm not sure what exactly is happening, as the NVidia GeForce HUD FPS counter doesn't show huge dips in fps, but Rocket League's own performance counter does.

I've tried updating and reinstalling all sorts of drivers, but without result. I am lost right now, as I also don't know much about PC gaming because I rarely do it, only for games I wanna mod. If this is not the right place for posts like this, please direct me to somewhere that could help me.

Hello, I am lost as to where to post this, so I thought might as well give GTPlanet a shot. I've got a Lenovo Gaming Laptop that I mostly use for school and work stuff, but I also occasionally game on it. Up until a few weeks orso everything was fine, but now I'm experiencing what feels like FPS drops and screen tearing. I've got 16GB of ram and a GTX 1650 and used to be able to run games like GTA V, Far Cry 5 and Rocket League steadily at a decent frame rate. However I've recently aquired FIFA 22 and it's borderline unplayable, I tried other games as well and its the same issues. I'm not sure what exactly is happening, as the NVidia GeForce HUD FPS counter doesn't show huge dips in fps, but Rocket League's own performance counter does.

I've tried updating and reinstalling all sorts of drivers, but without result. I am lost right now, as I also don't know much about PC gaming because I rarely do it, only for games I wanna mod. If this is not the right place for posts like this, please direct me to somewhere that could help me.
Have you checked your power settings? Maybe a windows update decided to change it.

I usually have to keep mine on Max power, and obviously plugged in, or it won't do more than about 30 fps on any game. It's maingear, with a 2070rtx.

Edit: realized I might not have been specific enough, I meant laptop system power in your windows settings. Not Nvidia settings.

Last edited:
Have you checked your power settings? Maybe a windows update decided to change it.

I usually have to keep mine on Max power, and obviously plugged in, or it won't do more than about 30 fps on any game. It's maingear, with a 2070rtx.

Edit: realized I might not have been specific enough, I meant laptop system power in your windows settings. Not Nvidia settings.
Thanks for the reply, but I fixed it. Updated a bunch of drivers and reinstalled some. Also noticed that when my background changed every 60 secs, it would stutter my games, just selected 1 image as a wallpaper for now.

Back