Last corner pass, clean or dirty?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cleanLX
  • 42 comments
  • 2,705 views
Messages
966
United States
Phoenix Az.
Messages
HuddyBob
I've weighed in on many of these threads, so I'm interested to hear what the community thinks.
My first vid, so, excuse... they all start from a couple corners back, so you can get a feel for what was going on.
1st segment is from my car.
2nd segment is the from car I passed.
3rd segment was from the car following.
I know what I think, but, got a message after the race that I was not expecting, so, here it is.
 
10/10 clean
He didn't defend the inside on the last corner, and even if you had little (if any) overlap with him prior to overtaking him on that turn, he was slow enough (and from how I see it, understeering enough) to not have any chance of accident. You mid-corner block is amazing though, kudos to that :cheers:
EDIT: I was wrong. You actually had substantial overlap, which is just another plus
 
He started breaking too early, perhaps hoping you would go wide to undercut you. You were already alongside so had the right to the apex and left him plenty of room to go along the outside. If he had not chosen to try to undercut you he might have been able to outpace you.
Paper, rock, scissors, you won the hand fair and square.
 
Perfectly clean in my view - his tyres were absolutely shredded and the M6 understeers like a pig once the fronts get to that state of wear. He had an opportunity to make his one move to the inside before you got alongside but he didn't. By the time he was turning into the apex, you were in front, so it's not even like you pushed him off his line.
 
Clean as a whistle.

I was expecting you to push him wide by your doubts about the move, but it's a clean move, barely any contact and you didnt go too wide as well.
 
^^
"HuddyBob you pushed me"
Nothing rude or mean, but, I didn't see it that way, thus my curiosity.
I could tell his tires were shot, and laid back through the chicane thinking I might get into him if I went through at my usual pace, then saw how poor he got out of the chicane and decided to make a run, when he left the inside I said, well, here goes... it stuck, then I got the flashing high-beams and the after race comment...
 
Absoulte fair pass, he was slower than you and didn‘t made any attempt at trying to keep his position.
The furious headlight flashing after the pass indicates he must be a tryhard and gets offended by people passing him :lol:
 
didn‘t made any attempt at trying to keep his position
He didn't defend the inside on the last corner, and even if you had little (if any) overlap with him prior to overtaking him on that turn, he was slow enough (and from how I see it, understeering enough) to not have any chance of accident. You mid-corner block is amazing though, kudos to that :cheers:
EDIT: I was wrong. You actually had substantial overlap, which is just another plus
I was astonished that he didn't at least go down the middle forcing me to make a decision.
The mid corner block, thanks, wanted to protect the over/under, and figured i would have the drive off (having followed him for several corners and watching how his car was behaving) if he stayed outside. This time it worked.
 
Textbook. Should be in the GTP Hall of Fame for how to pass in online racing:). In hindsight, especially from the last segment, it's easy to see his mistake. He thought you were a typical troll who was going for the inside, would brake way too late and understeer out to the edge of the track. Instead you held your line, which he didn't expect and he scrubbed off too much speed on entry expecting to do an over/under on you, which failed because you held proper track position.
 
Textbook. Should be in the GTP Hall of Fame for how to pass in online racing:). In hindsight, especially from the last segment, it's easy to see his mistake. He thought you were a typical troll who was going for the inside, would brake way too late and understeer out to the edge of the track. Instead you held your line, which he didn't expect and he scrubbed off too much speed on entry expecting to do an over/under on you, which failed because you held proper track position.

Saved me typing the exact same reply. Very handy.:D

Good pass mate.👍
 
I've been passed a few times at that corner, never that cleanly. His tires were gone and you made a clean pass.
 
Thanks everyone... was trying to understand what I did poorly... thought i was going crazy.
 
Perfectly clean. He didn’t defend and then probably felt like a fool, from your view (the 1st clip) I thought maybe you’d clipped him but you hadn’t and just took the inside and passed cleanly. Left him plenty of room. The cleanliness of your pass is highlighted by the fact this is the first one of these kind of posts that I think everyone agrees on!
 
Most players I've encountered would have punted the BMW off but that was a textbook overtake.

Having made the error on the previous corner the BMW should have held the inside forcing you to go round the outside.
 
Yep, textbook. He got a terrible run out of the chicane and didn't try to guard the line, probably presuming you wouldn't get as good a run up there as you did. If he's upset, it's just because he got caught snoozing and paid the price for it.
 
Was a good move, you set it up well in that last chicane and went up the inside cleanly.
You should be happy with the move.

I can’t understand why he’d complain, you didn’t force anything he just went too deep into the last chicane, which gave him a poor run into the final corner which he then not only didn’t defend but he left the door wide open...
 
Back