Last corner pass, clean or dirty?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cleanLX
  • 42 comments
  • 2,705 views
Perfectly done mate. You went a skosh deep on entry but nothing untoward for a late apex. He turned into you whilst you were ahead. Probably just caught him by surprise that you held your line.
 
I don't see what the issue is ...clean overtake on the inside ...he's on the brakes a bit early and his tyres don't look great ( overcooked it) as there is a bit of sliding allowing you to cruise up the inside line of the apex - every racers dream on a corner. Yes it's annoying when you are driving great laps and all of a sudden a lapse of concentration/pressure does you in That's just it It happens only a game why do people go so over the top ?
 
Looked like you went for the inside but went wide.
Perfectly done mate. You went a skosh deep on entry but nothing untoward for a late apex.
@SkylineR88 I think he feels that way too... but that's the thing... yes I went deep, on purpose, for 2 reasons, 1. it's a late apex turn as @Renrag39 notes, and 2. because I wasn't going to "give" him the over under. As @Alpha Cipher noted, it's a mid corner block. (Maybe he thinks that's dirty?)
I had to take the middle/deep so he could not turn down, then, I chose to take the inside (admittedly I missed the apex by half a car width) because having watched his car snap on exits, and at the top of the hill, I figured his rears were shot and I did not want to give him a straight run out of the corner, wanted to make him take the outside where I figured he'd fight to have traction on-throttle while still turning. Instead he choose to go inside, I was there, and got to the gas sooner by default.
Yes, I blocked his over under, but gave him the outside, had he taken that, it would have been a drag race, he choose to stick it in behind me (probably thinking I would not hold the bottom), and in my eyes that was his mistake.

Had I been in his shoes, I'd have gone down the middle, leaving just a car width to the inside. That would have made me weight options... and weighing options takes time... If I try the inside, I have to really brake early to keep from getting into him, and, it's a late apex corner, he can squeeze me on exit and make it hard to get to the gas... hmmm... take the outside and hope he doesn't go deep and block the run out, but he gets a straight shot off the corner... hmm, take the outside and try and cut back but if he holds the line I've got to let up on corner exit giving him the run... hmmm, take the outside and try and get a run, but he can slide up in front... hmmm... whoops times up... I'd have over though the whole deal and I'd have ended up just falling in line...
In my eyes, he chose not to defend, then was upset I didn't "give" him his one good option... but did give him the outside, which with his "snappy" car, really wasn't an option.
Had he braked just a fraction longer, cut down just a fraction later, it would have been a race to the line...
Had he defended, the spot was in all likelihood his.

That's my take on it.
 
@SkylineR88 I think he feels that way too... but that's the thing... yes I went deep, on purpose, for 2 reasons, 1. it's a late apex turn as @Renrag39 notes, and 2. because I wasn't going to "give" him the over under. As @Alpha Cipher noted, it's a mid corner block. (Maybe he thinks that's dirty?)
I had to take the middle/deep so he could not turn down, then, I chose to take the inside (admittedly I missed the apex by half a car width) because having watched his car snap on exits, and at the top of the hill, I figured his rears were shot and I did not want to give him a straight run out of the corner, wanted to make him take the outside where I figured he'd fight to have traction on-throttle while still turning. Instead he choose to go inside, I was there, and got to the gas sooner by default.
Yes, I blocked his over under, but gave him the outside, had he taken that, it would have been a drag race, he choose to stick it in behind me (probably thinking I would not hold the bottom), and in my eyes that was his mistake.

Had I been in his shoes, I'd have gone down the middle, leaving just a car width to the inside. That would have made me weight options... and weighing options takes time... If I try the inside, I have to really brake early to keep from getting into him, and, it's a late apex corner, he can squeeze me on exit and make it hard to get to the gas... hmmm... take the outside and hope he doesn't go deep and block the run out, but he gets a straight shot off the corner... hmm, take the outside and try and cut back but if he holds the line I've got to let up on corner exit giving him the run... hmmm, take the outside and try and get a run, but he can slide up in front... hmmm... whoops times up... I'd have over though the whole deal and I'd have ended up just falling in line...
In my eyes, he chose not to defend, then was upset I didn't "give" him his one good option... but did give him the outside, which with his "snappy" car, really wasn't an option.
Had he braked just a fraction longer, cut down just a fraction later, it would have been a race to the line...
Had he defended, the spot was in all likelihood his.

That's my take on it.
GREAT pass! His after race comments at minimum should've been "WOW!...didn't expect that, or great move, congratulations, excellent racing", or something along those lines lol. Either way that was a very impressive overtake! Thanks for the indepth video.
 
1 - The Beemer was in trouble the corner before, as his right front was finished, poor exit.
2 - Even being slow out of the second to last corner, it looks he don't even bothered to look to mirrors, radar or time delta, going to last corner, so he didn't even defended the inside (with tires as bad as his, no way he may thought he would get way with an undercut).
3 - You put the car well ahead of him, leaving him plenty of space but not the ideal line, but you aren't suppose to give away the best lines to your rivals.

He must be bothered by is own mistakes, pretty sure he didn't thought you could go for him in the last corner (first mistake, after his second to last corner) so didn't even bothered to check his mirrors (second error) and take a defensive line (third error)
 
Clean. He had plenty of opportunity to shut the door. Could have defended that even with spent tyres.

Someone is just butt-hurt.
 
Last edited:
Back