Last?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bonobo4
  • 14 comments
  • 689 views
Messages
629
England
England
Messages
TheBonobo4
Quick question, I should probably know this. Do you get money or XP for coming 12/12th in a race (last)? I think you get no money but I'm unsure as for how much XP I'd get.
 
Hmm, it's just that I'm wondering if it's worth finishing the 1000km Suzuka in last just for a bit of XP? I'm thinking not.
 
Hmm, it's just that I'm wondering if it's worth finishing the 1000km Suzuka in last just for a bit of XP? I'm thinking not.

You get 618,185 exp when you take podium. So If you arrive a position lower, you'll probably loose 10% of the exp on podium (e.g. 4th place = 370,911). But that's my assumption, It'll probably go even lower or higher, but It's best if you arrive at least in pole position.
 
Okay well I've quit anyway. Like I said no point wasting 4hours for some XP and no money.
 
Okay well I've quit anyway. Like I said no point wasting 4hours for some XP and no money.

I thought It was a 6-hour race, depending on the car you use. But IMO, the real purpose of these endurance races is to be fun and competitive, even If the drivers aren't human.
 
It was already 2hours in. See this thread for my report.

IMO, the real purpose of these endurance races is to be fun and competitive, even If the drivers aren't human.
Yeah and when after 53 Laps and 2 hours you're last and 2 Laps own, it's neither fun nor competitive. :grumpy:
 
It was already 2hours in. See this thread for my report.

Oh. I'll take a look at it later.

Yeah and when after 53 Laps and 2 hours you're last and 2 Laps own, it's neither fun nor competitive. :grumpy:

That's pretty much the point, though. It isn't about the winning, it's about the competition. But If it's for the money, XP, completing the Endurance series, etc., then that's another story.
 
I wanted it to be fun and competitive/challenging, but also I wanted to win. It was none of those. :(
 
Why were you so far vack so early. Out matched car wise? Or driver errors. If it was car then yes quitting was thbetter. choice. Driver errors etc i think you should have stuck with it to learn thecar better.
 
I wanted it to be fun and competitive/challenging, but also I wanted to win. It was none of those. :(

When choosing a car for a competitive enduro, do a little testing to make sure you and the AI are running close lap times. And start on harder tires. That way if things aren't going well you can switch to softer tires to catch up.

Nobody wants to spend hours racing to lose. Well, most people anyway. :lol:
 
I honestly don't know. I think I was just outmatched, because after just 1 Lap I was in 3rd and I was 5.5s behind with no mistakes of my driving. :(

When choosing a car for a competitive enduro, start on harder tires. That way if things aren't going well you can switch to softer tires to catch up.
I did. Check my report.
do a little testing to make sure you and the AI are running close lap times.
I usually do, I must've forgot to do that this time. :(
 
Ouch. Yeah sounds like car choice to me. Good luck on the next attempt. I might give my first go at this tonight.
 
Caz
Why were you so far vack so early. Out matched car wise? Or driver errors. If it was car then yes quitting was thbetter. choice. Driver errors etc i think you should have stuck with it to learn thecar better.

I always figure if I'm losing I must need more practice. I've lost plenty of enduros, although not many in GT since usually if I've balanced it to be a little slower at the start I'll gain time by getting better/the bots being dumb, and you can't break your car other than a slight amount of aero damage in GT5.

I've probably actually had more fun losing enduros than winning them since more often than not when I've won it's turned out to be no contest at all. The one thing AI drivers across the board tend to be good at is consistency. Might be consistently bad, but always steady times, at least when there's no traffic.
 
To lose a close race is more fun than blowing everyo e away any day of the week.

My favorite enduro i have run is the laguna seca 90 lapper.
Ran it in a stock art morrison vette and beat out the viper on the last turn of lap 90. Little blocking down the straight helped ;)
 
Back