Latest Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshots Show Off Brands Hatch

Anyone else feel kinda bad that they’ll only ever drive in the dark or rain like three times?

We've taken to doing 25minutes at Bathurst in GT3 cars, mixed class with GT4 and Touring Cars, full grid topped up with AI... and starting at 4am with x20 times progression.

In this we get a similar start to the Bathurst 12 hour and to be frank racing across skyline with the sun coming up is a thing of beauty. It's a very well executed setup really.

Looking forward to a 30+ minute race at Le Mans this next weekend, I'll start the race at 4pm and we'll race through the night. In this I might pick a lesser class (GTE) for us and include the higher LMP classes so we get a bit of action, or maybe the other way round so we lap a few... Anyway, using some night makes for a great race!

We've taken to doing 25minutes at Bathurst in GT3 cars, mixed class with GT4 and Touring Cars, full grid topped up with AI... and starting at 4am with x20 times progression.

In this we get a similar start to the Bathurst 12 hour and to be frank racing across skyline with the sun coming up is a thing of beauty. It's a very well executed setup really.

Looking forward to a 30+ minute race at Le Mans this next weekend, I'll start the race at 4pm and we'll race through the night. In this I might pick a lesser class (GTE) for us and include the higher LMP classes so we get a bit of action, or maybe the other way round so we lap a few... Anyway, using some night makes for a great race!
That does sound like a lot of fun. I'll put "find some friends to play AC with" on my to-do list :lol:

However, is getting pretty damn close and will far exceed it in pretty much every other facet.
That will be a more a more true statement once a full sequel to AC comes about.

still not on par with GT Sport, visual wise

There's not much in it, but if you care for either pure image quality and consistency (resolution, shadows, draw distance, LoDs) or frame rate, GT is not even close in those regards.

And this is not accounting that it's a small team using a third party engine, coding to numerous of possible computer hardware and OS set ups, versus a team at least 4 times the size and 40 times the budget, using their own software, coding for only two different machines (which they will have every minute tech detail available to them), both running on the same OS.

Last edited:
Of course, GT Sport still isn't on par physics or time/weather wise. Every racing game has its priorities. 👍

Physics are poor in GT Sport yeah. but the other thing, well that remains to be seen :) we only know that original Assetto Corsa could not manage multiple light source, hence no night time and also rain wasn't included.

There's not much in it, but if you care for either pure image quality and consistency (resolution, shadows, draw distance, LoDs) or frame rate, GT is not even close in those regards.

And this is not accounting that it's a small team using a third party engine, coding to numerous of possible computer hardware and OS set ups, versus a team at least 4 times the size and 40 times the budget, using their own software, coding for only two different machines (which they will have every minute tech detail available to them), both running on the same OS.

I do care for image quality and consistency and GT Sport running on PS4 Pro has got it all :) how is GT not even close? Original Assetto Corsa look totally cartoonish and just bad in comparison with GT. We will see about this one. Hopefully this time around they will be able to implement PS4 Pro support.

Yeah and don't forget how much performance PS4 and PS4 Pro have. This new AC probably won't come to consoles because the team cannot optimize their game as good and with Unreal engine, including time cycles and weather implementation the game would look even on consoles than og AC.

I wonder how strong though :)

I do care for image quality and consistency and GT Sport running on PS4 Pro has got it all :) how is GT not even close? Original Assetto Corsa look totally cartoonish and just bad in comparison with GT. We will see about this one. Hopefully this time around they will be able to implement PS4 Pro support.

Yeah and don't forget how much performance PS4 and PS4 Pro have. This new AC probably won't come to consoles because the team cannot optimize their game as good and with Unreal engine, including time cycles and weather implementation the game would look even on consoles than og AC.

GTS is checkerboarded, firstly up to 1800p, which is then further scaled to 4K, plus it cannot possibly go above 60fps. You can more than double those figures in AC so it's almost a guarantee that ACC will support the same. GTS also has objects and scenery pop in or morph into detail suddenly, as well as flickering, low resolution shadows and reflections. All of these contribute to a more consistent presentation. GTS has highs and lows, much like the PS3 iterations had, whose flaws are mostly covered up and fooling people with something much more noticeable like a nice lighting model.

It's not that I'm trying to take anything away from GTS, I'm just talking about the nitty gritty details once you look past the "Ohh shiny" aspects.

The GPU is quite capable in the Pro, graphics are as much as about time, money and software/knowledge advancements. Did you see the demo for Book of the Dead? It's running on the Unity engine, this is on the Pro.

GTS is checkerboarded, firstly up to 1800p, which is then further scaled to 4K, plus it cannot possibly go above 60fps. You can more than double those figures in AC so it's almost a guarantee that ACC will support the same. GTS also has objects and scenery pop in or morph into detail suddenly, as well as flickering, low resolution shadows and reflections. All of these contribute to a more consistent presentation. GTS has highs and lows, much like the PS3 iterations had, whose flaws are mostly covered up and fooling people with something much more noticeable like a nice lighting model.

It's not that I'm trying to take anything away from GTS, I'm just talking about the nitty gritty details once you look past the "Ohh shiny" aspects.

The GPU is quite capable in the Pro, graphics are as much as about time, money and software/knowledge advancements. Did you see the demo for Book of the Dead? It's running on the Unity engine, this is on the Pro.
All things you stated about GTS is the optimization though :) I don't care how they do it... on a 4K TV with the Pro, GTS looks the best out of all racing games, alongside 4K Forza on Xbone X, even with less pixels. I highly doubt ACC will be able to beat GTS but we'll see :)

GTS is checkerboarded, firstly up to 1800p, which is then further scaled to 4K.

The missing number here is that before its checkerboarded to 1800p, it is a native 1440p image and thats not that much. Native 1800p and then checkerboarded to 4k, yes, that would've been another story, but when playing for example back to back Forza 7 or AC on my PC in native 4k and then going to the Pro for GT Sport, the difference in clarity is during day time super obvious. It gets less in dawn or dusk conditions because of the superb HDR, but still noticeable. Also noticeable are the flickering shadows and the occassional pop in. What i try to say: GT Sport looks great - given the hardware it runs on. But i still put a fully amped up Forza 7 graphics on my PC above it visually, even AC given the right time of day looks to me overall superior. I value image clarity and a clean look. No flickering shadows, no aliasing.

Back