Latest DiRT Rally 2.0 Trailer Gets Down and Dirty With World Rallycross Showcase

Discussion in 'DiRT Series' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 18, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Scaff likes this.
  2. CHEN255

CHEN255

The rallycross looks great, I’m looking forward to playing it though as with Dirt Rally my main focus will be the rallying.

MagpieRacer likes this.
  3. Nogoodname

Nogoodname

I still don't understand why they won't make this game in vr I have been playing dirt rally v1 in vr recently and it's the most fun I have ever had in a while.

4. JC_Dude

JC_Dude

So I guess Peugeot decided to pull out? That sucks.

George Jakob and SPhilli911 like this.
  5. kikie

kikie Premium

Graphics look amazing. If the physics are pure, real and of the simulation kind, then this game is a must have.

Rallycross is more interesting for me personally.

6. breyzipp

breyzipp

Interesting, Mettet... as a Belgian guy I would love to see a 3rd racing circuit of my country in games (after Spa and Zolder). :)

This game was a complete pass for me (even though I own Dirt Rally and Dirt 4), but now it’s a deep sale. I hope to pick this up Black Friday 2019 for 30-50 EUR including season pass. If not then I’ll just wait for the next opportunity.

I’m so completely done buying games at release day (except maybe Forza games).

7. 305Michael305

305Michael305

Forza is the worst racer for simulation. At lest in my opinion. Sorry your not into dirt rally 2.0 but the game looks amazing. I’m excited for this game.

MarcoM and Nogoodname like this.
  8. Dobermann92

Dobermann92

I'm more interested in the rally content, so aside from the Golf GTi what "new" old cars will be in the game? I would like to see more 80's and 90's cars than were in Dirt Rally, especially the return of Toyota. What about Hillclimb? Will it return to the series? (I know the rights of Pikes Peak is in the hands of Polyphony but I would be happy with some fictional tracks too if it is done right.)

9. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

We're expecting to see the car list in the next few weeks apparently. Along with stage KM etc. Hill climb not sure but don't expect to see it in DR2.

As for cars that we know of so far, along with the Good mk2, there's an Opel Kadett C coming and a Datsun 240z has been spotted as well. We know of only around half the list so far so.

Edit: Datsun 240z reduced to possibility not definitive. Cannot currently located original source but this site lists it as one of the cars. https://www.nedgame.nl/playstation-4/dirt-rally-2-0--deluxe-edition-/5013585544/

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Theiceman1 likes this.
  10. RedRockValley

RedRockValley

Source on that? I've not heard anything about a 240z. Very curious about that now

11. Dobermann92

Dobermann92

The mk2 and the Kadett were in previous Dirt games, the 240z could be interesting, so please link the image or the article about it.

12. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

13. RedRockValley

RedRockValley

MagpieRacer likes this.
  14. tbtstt

tbtstt

I was surprised not to see the Peugeot in that trailer, but the 208 was spotted in an earlier gameplay demo, so should feature in the finished game (unless there is some licensing issue).

For those of you who haven't seen it, every car that has been "officially" identified is listed (along with the source) in this post on the CM forum:

https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/140650/dirt-rally-2-0-confirmed-car-list/p1

A few cars were reported in various articles or in pre-order listings, but never mentioned in anything official, the 240z being one of those. It might be in the game, but I'd like to see it confirmed by a more reputable source before getting too excited!

Theiceman1 likes this.
  15. MarcoM

MarcoM

I never really tried the rally cross in Dirt rally until yesterday. I think it is quite good fun and I am looking forward to more complete content in DR2.

16. 2clicks

2clicks

No Killarney? :( Oh well, at least there's a few other venues which we haven't yet seen in a video game.

17. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Something a bit more official now. Screen grab taken from some gameplay footage .

NVUDikf.png

MarcoM and doblocruiser like this.
  18. MarcoM

MarcoM

^ I really really do like this!!!!

19. MarcoM

MarcoM

20. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Too screen shot, left is the 1600 Polo and right is the Camaro RGT.

MarcoM likes this.
  21. RedRockValley

RedRockValley

Yay, the Datsun is basically confirmed! Can't wait to tear up New Zealand in that thing

kembro, MarcoM and MagpieRacer like this.
  22. kikie

kikie Premium

MarcoM likes this.
  23. GTMajarcus

GTMajarcus

Does anyone know if Dirt 2 will have Rallycross multiplayer? From what I’ve gathered, the Rally stage multi player will be timed comparisons, but with rallycross it would be excellent to be able to play head to head online.

24. Pfei

Pfei Premium

Yes, multiplayer RX has been confirmed.

BTW, the game is DiRT Rally 2.0. DiRT 2 was released ten years ago.

MrCrynox and cjr3559 like this.
  25. GTMajarcus

GTMajarcus

Excellent, thanks! Hopefully they will have a good multiplayer matching system in place.
    Yes sorry, Dirt Rally 2.0 I was tired when I posted and messed that one up. Last thing I want is another Dirt (5 etc) game, I enjoyed Dirt Rally waaay more than Dirt 3. Brought me back to Colin McRae 2.0 on PS1 days.

26. kikie

kikie Premium

What is not to love about the RX Championship?

RX in Dirt Rally 2.0 get me more excited than Rally.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 12:11 PM
    MagpieRacer likes this.
  27. GTMajarcus

GTMajarcus

Agreed! 8 tracks for RX will be awesome