Latest DiRT Rally 2.0 Trailer Gets Down and Dirty With World Rallycross Showcase

Graphics look amazing. If the physics are pure, real and of the simulation kind, then this game is a must have.

Rallycross is more interesting for me personally.

Interesting, Mettet... as a Belgian guy I would love to see a 3rd racing circuit of my country in games (after Spa and Zolder). :)

This game was a complete pass for me (even though I own Dirt Rally and Dirt 4), but now it’s a deep sale. I hope to pick this up Black Friday 2019 for 30-50 EUR including season pass. If not then I’ll just wait for the next opportunity.

I’m so completely done buying games at release day (except maybe Forza games).

I'm more interested in the rally content, so aside from the Golf GTi what "new" old cars will be in the game? I would like to see more 80's and 90's cars than were in Dirt Rally, especially the return of Toyota. What about Hillclimb? Will it return to the series? (I know the rights of Pikes Peak is in the hands of Polyphony but I would be happy with some fictional tracks too if it is done right.)

I'm more interested in the rally content, so aside from the Golf GTi what "new" old cars will be in the game? I would like to see more 80's and 90's cars than were in Dirt Rally, especially the return of Toyota. What about Hillclimb? Will it return to the series? (I know the rights of Pikes Peak is in the hands of Polyphony but I would be happy with some fictional tracks too if it is done right.)

We're expecting to see the car list in the next few weeks apparently. Along with stage KM etc. Hill climb not sure but don't expect to see it in DR2.

As for cars that we know of so far, along with the Good mk2, there's an Opel Kadett C coming and a Datsun 240z has been spotted as well. We know of only around half the list so far so.

Edit: Datsun 240z reduced to possibility not definitive. Cannot currently located original source but this site lists it as one of the cars. https://www.nedgame.nl/playstation-4/dirt-rally-2-0--deluxe-edition-/5013585544/

Last edited:
We're expecting to see the car list in the next few weeks apparently. Along with stage KM etc. Hill climb not sure but don't expect to see it in DR2.

As for cars that we know of so far, along with the Good mk2, there's an Opel Kadett C coming and a Datsun 240z has been spotted as well. We know of only around half the list so far so.

The mk2 and the Kadett were in previous Dirt games, the 240z could be interesting, so please link the image or the article about it.

So I guess Peugeot decided to pull out? That sucks.
I was surprised not to see the Peugeot in that trailer, but the 208 was spotted in an earlier gameplay demo, so should feature in the finished game (unless there is some licensing issue).

For those of you who haven't seen it, every car that has been "officially" identified is listed (along with the source) in this post on the CM forum:

https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/140650/dirt-rally-2-0-confirmed-car-list/p1

A few cars were reported in various articles or in pre-order listings, but never mentioned in anything official, the 240z being one of those. It might be in the game, but I'd like to see it confirmed by a more reputable source before getting too excited!

I never really tried the rally cross in Dirt rally until yesterday. I think it is quite good fun and I am looking forward to more complete content in DR2.

No Killarney? :( Oh well, at least there's a few other venues which we haven't yet seen in a video game.

Source on that? I've not heard anything about a 240z. Very curious about that now

Something a bit more official now. Screen grab taken from some gameplay footage .

NVUDikf.png

Does anyone know if Dirt 2 will have Rallycross multiplayer? From what I’ve gathered, the Rally stage multi player will be timed comparisons, but with rallycross it would be excellent to be able to play head to head online.

Does anyone know if Dirt 2 will have Rallycross multiplayer? From what I’ve gathered, the Rally stage multi player will be timed comparisons, but with rallycross it would be excellent to be able to play head to head online.

Yes, multiplayer RX has been confirmed.

BTW, the game is DiRT Rally 2.0. DiRT 2 was released ten years ago.

Yes, multiplayer RX has been confirmed.

BTW, the game is DiRT Rally 2.0. DiRT 2 was released ten years ago.

Excellent, thanks! Hopefully they will have a good multiplayer matching system in place.
Yes sorry, Dirt Rally 2.0 I was tired when I posted and messed that one up. Last thing I want is another Dirt (5 etc) game, I enjoyed Dirt Rally waaay more than Dirt 3. Brought me back to Colin McRae 2.0 on PS1 days.

What is not to love about the RX Championship?

RX in Dirt Rally 2.0 get me more excited than Rally.

head_banger-3479.gif

Last edited:
Back