Latest Games Chart across all formats...

• Thread starter yeti
  • 131 comments
yeti_c
Despite GTA:SA only having half a week of sales...

it still hits the number one slot... surprised?

C.

C&VG
Here's the current UK All-Formats Chart top 20 in full:

01. GTA: San Andreas
02. FIFA 2005
03. Pro Evolution Soccer 4
04. Tony Hawk's Underground 2
05. Burnout 3: Takedown
06. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
07. LMA Manager 2005
08. Star Wars: Battlefront
09. The Sims 2
10. Shark Tale
11. Sonic Heroes
12. Drakengard
13. Pokémon Fire Red
14. The Simpsons: Hit & Run
15. Pokémon Leaf Green
16. Need for Speed Underground
17. Finding Nemo
18. Crash Twinsanity
19. Def Jam Fight for New York
20. Rome: Total War

No im not suprised, I am suprised that Sims 2 is down to 9th

I know alot of people who have it, and alot who don't but are going to get it. The big question is how long can it stay at the top?

ExigeExcel
I know alot of people who have it, and alot who don't but are going to get it. The big question is how long can it stay at the top?

Both GTA3 and Vice City stayed in the top ten up to six months after their release.

KM.

Vice City was still in the top 20 until sometime September... almost 2 years after it's release... obviously budget price will have helped it have a resurgence but that's still amazing!!

C.

ExigeExcel
Look at NFS:U , it's still in the top 20 :D

Halo 2 or Half Life 2 will displace GTA:SA from the top of the chart. I guarantee it (unless sales via Steam for HL2 don't count on the chart).

I love Halo, and will probably be as giddy as a school girl when i get Halo2 in my hands.... But i'm not sure it will be able to unseat SA. I believe there a more PS2's than XBox's in the world. So mathmatically, It might be impossible until SA's sales drop dramatically.

it made a recored breaking £24,000,000 (over 600,000 copies) in sales in the uk in its opening few days, more than the biggest grossing opening weekend for a film in the uk, which was harry potter at £23,000,000.

GTXLR
it made a recored breaking £24,000,000 (over 600,000 copies) in sales in the uk in its opening few days, more than the biggest grossing opening weekend for a film in the uk, which was harry potter at £23,000,000.

wow, interesting.... does the UK get the 'cut' version???

wow, interesting.... does the UK get the 'cut' version???
Nope :D

So 1/8th of the number of people who saw Harry Pot-head bought GTA:SA...not bad.

VIPERGTSR01
I dont think there is any 'cut' version this time.
Germany's version was cut if i remember rightly.
Also im surprised by Simpsons hit and run being so high, thats been out for ages. Burnout 3 is also up there, and that gets really repetitive after a while but its an awesome game.
Also GTA:SA will be top for ages!.
Me and my G/F were shopping today and just out of cuiosity i checked a few retailers, and some game shops and about 4/5 were sold out and waiting there next shipments, man am i glad i pre-ordered.

I'm not surprised by Simpsons: Hit and Run. I also think San Andreas will stay at the top for a long time.
Ev0
Halo 2 or Half Life 2 will displace GTA:SA from the top of the chart. I guarantee it (unless sales via Steam for HL2 don't count on the chart).
I doubt Half-Life 2 will hit number 2, let alone number 1. It will probably hang around in Number 3 for a little while, then drop down to just above 10. Halo 2 will be in second. San Andreas will remain Number 1 for a fair while. I guarantee that.

Jimmy Enslashay
I'm not surprised by Simpsons: Hit and Run. I also think San Andreas will stay at the top for a long time. I doubt Half-Life 2 will hit number 2, let alone number 1. It will probably hang around in Number 3 for a little while, then drop down to just above 10. Halo 2 will be in second. San Andreas will remain Number 1 for a fair while. I guarantee that.
I wouldn't be too sure. Half Life 2 is the most anticipated game of all time. Fans are ravenousley awaiting the release (me included). Half Life 2 fans are going to show up at game stores in huge numbers, especially considering how the game has been delayed for well over a year. But, of course, sales for HL2 could be misleadingly low if Steam sales are not taken into account. It will certainly give San Andreas a good run for it's money, but I'm sure it will break PC sales records.

but remember people who buy games are not all hard out gamers, i wouldnt be suprised if any of my mates even knew about half life 2 i mean its not that popular in the general market which is bigger than gamers markets. i dont know this for a fact (im guessing by the way) but i think im right. Everyone knows about gta though its the biggest talked about game ever. all i hear at college these days is "how far you got in gta yet, im in the third island"

Nope, HL2 is very well known. HL1 is the base for counter strike, the most popular fps ever. And with CS:S being sold with HL2, the counter strike players are most likely going to mostly migrate over, since it's basically the same great gameplay with a massive graphics overhaul, which is what was holding back lots of people from playing CS.

Lots of people have already bought HL2 and are playing CS:S.

And they are already. It was heavily pirated.

I play HL1 and 2, but I don't think it will be as big as Halo 2, and certainly not as big as San Andreas.

Jimmy Enslashay
And they are already. It was heavily pirated.

I play HL1 and 2, but I don't think it will be as big as Halo 2, and certainly not as big as San Andreas.

What was heavily pirated? HL2 & CS:S? anyone can get the cache files but you cant activate it.

HL2.

People were playing it. CS:S is already out ain't it?

I'm not saying these are bad games, but I'm saying they won't top Halo 2 (even though I don't like that game) or San Andreas.

Jimmy Enslashay

You mean the leaked (hacked) source code, that was later compiled?

doesnt matter.

Yeah I was playing CS:S at a mates house the other night.

Hmm. Yeah, watched it being played, looks awesome. It will take a good computer to run it though, it seems.

Anyway, I still don't think Halo 2 or HL2 will top it. Halo 2 will come close. As will GT4 when it is released. Alot of big releases this year, and that game chart that was posted, will be full of good quality games.

Jimmy Enslashay
It will take a good computer to run it though, it seems.

I wont have a problem there, but if your system can run Doom 3 then HL2 wont be a problem.

I can see Halo 2 getting big sales ( I dont see why, I dont like the first one). It seems GTA SA and Halo 2 are games that suit most people (young, old, serious or casual gamer) while HL2 is more of a serious gamers game.

Very true, the people who buy HL2 for the storyline are typically more hardcore gamers, while Halo 2 and GTA:SA are more friendly to casual gamers, since they are designed for the console market.

And HL2 should not be much of a problem to run. DX7 video cards will run the game. But, if you want to get the full graphical experience without any hiccups, then that Uber PC you dream of is the only option. But, most PCs will at least run the game at a reasonable framerate.

Back