Latest Seasonal: PD's first salvo in the war on hybrids? *Poll Added*

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 51 comments
  • 4,200 views

Is the current "spec" TT a product of hybriding?


  • Total voters
    85

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Messages
28,469
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Messages
Johnnypenso
So the latest Seasonal has just showed up on GT5 and lo and behold, it's with two cars, no tuning, and the car is provided, which completely eliminates the possibility of a hacked entry. This is a complete 180 degree about face on the part of PD. I can't say with certainty, but I'm not sure we've ever had a pair of Seasonal TT's with the PD supplied vehicles.

So I ask, do you think this is PD's subtle, unspoken acknowledgement, that they understand the potential problems of hybrids entering TT's and that they are working on something to fix it. Or, do you think it's purely coincidence?
 
Last edited:
I think you're thinking too deeply into this. Or am I? Or is it my conscience thinking this whole thing up? ARE WE IN A SIMULATION? IS THIS REAL? HOLY SH--
 
I think you're thinking too deeply into this. Or am I? Or is it my conscience thinking this whole thing up? ARE WE IN A SIMULATION? IS THIS REAL? HOLY SH--

I'm just asking the question...it's up to you to do the thinking...lol...:sly:
 
It's a conspiracy :lol:, seriously though, PD won't be just sitting on the sideline and watch online portion crumbles slowly. This a good 1st step in the right direction, they know the issue and making simple changes, from TT for a start :)
 
It's great news if you ask me and I hope all Seasonal Races take this route.
 
It's a conspiracy :lol:, seriously though, PD won't be just sitting on the sideline and watch online portion crumbles slowly. This a good 1st step in the right direction, they know the issue and making simple changes, from TT for a start :)

It's great news if you ask me and I hope all Seasonal Races take this route.

Agreed with both posts. 👍 This is a good start for PD heading in the right direction. :D
 
Agreed. This is a good first step, I agree.
 
A bit early to tell IMHO. If no update and the next round of T/T are PD's supplied cars, then yes.

So how many cars on the top chart were cheats this past round? Hopefully 45 of them, but doubtful it was that many.
 
Last edited:
I'm surprised there was a TT/DT at all. I can't see how PD are going to fix the hybrid issue: a major patch perhaps; a complete withdrawal from providing Seasonals, updates & DLC?

It's clear that they are aware but I feel that they don't have many moves left before pulling out.
 
You hybrid owners need to make a back-up of your game save.
 
This is good. Hope there's more of TT like this. Now there's a reason for me to play TT back, thanks PD. Now, if only PD can block all those hybrid in online lobby.
 
You hybrid owners need to make a back-up of your game save.

Agreed, I think that they are going to have to do something. But previous game saves are fairly redundant after an update - unless you're recovering from a corrupted save file.

So unless you update no further to continue enjoying the hybrids, a previous game save is useless.

(That's assuming that PD can patch the hybrids in an update)
 
Also great in that it may weed out possible slight hackers , who hack just enough to be credible.
 
I sincerely hope that this is PD's acknowledgment of a serious issue. I believe that seasonal races have been the life blood of the game for quite a few players and to have them ruined by people using hacked cars is really disappointing. I don't think it's in PD's interest to let this flagrant disregard for their IPR to slide either so I hope it's not just dumb luck that we have these latest TT's.

I like the idea of stock cars although I hope that this will not be the only way that TT's run from now on. Part of the excitement and challenge for me was in tweaking the car to try and get another tenth out of it. I know it's not to everyone's liking but the top runners are normally more than happy to share tuning information so we can all join in regardless of our tuning ability (or lack of it in my case :D ).

I'd like to see PD implement some other controls to prevent the illegal manipulation of the game going forward and not just limit how the TT's are run.
 
Thank you PD, it does give the none users the feeling, we are still valued...
 
I haven't been personally affected by hybrids, as I only race in tuning prohibited lobbies. However, I do hope they patch it soon so that they cannot be used, & I think you might be right about this latest seasonal being a foregleam of their intentions.
 
So the latest Seasonal has just showed up on GT5 and lo and behold, it's with two cars, no tuning, and the car is provided, which completely eliminates the possibility of a hacked entry. This is a complete 180 degree about face on the part of PD. I can't say with certainty, but I'm not sure we've ever had a pair of Seasonal TT's with the PD supplied vehicles.

So I ask, do you think this is PD's subtle, unspoken acknowledgement, that they understand the potential problems of hybrids entering TT's and that they are working on something to fix it. Or, do you think it's purely coincidence?

We've had a few TT's before with GT supplied cars but I don't think this is any coincidence. Its a good step against these hybrid cars or any other kind of cheating and I applaud PD for taking steps to prevent any type of cheating. On the basis of tuning or non tuning, it really doesn't bother me which way they go as I will wind up roughly the same place on the leaderboard either way. (usually between 100 - 150th place when I put in an honest effort.) The best drivers are always going to be in the top 10 regardless if there is tuning or not.
 
It is obviously a step against hybrids.


Hybrids have been a thorn in kaz's side from day 1.

I just got beat at Monaco in my 600hp vette by a Subaru brz!
 
Poll needs another option - "Further evidence needed". :lol:

Based on speculation I'd say it's a temporary response, but based on the evidence we have (Or rather don't have) it's difficult to say.
 
Just out of curiousity, how prevalent are these cars in Open Lobbies?

From the threads lately it sounds like it's become an epidemic. Just can't imagine that many people hacking their PS3's.
 
Just out of curiousity, how prevalent are these cars in Open Lobbies?

From the threads lately it sounds like it's become an epidemic. Just can't imagine that many people hacking their PS3's.

You don't need to "hack" your PS3 to have these cars.

And from what I've seen online, most hacked cars tend to stay in the appropriate "fun/free run" rooms.
 
We've had a few TT's before with GT supplied cars but I don't think this is any coincidence.
That's what I thought too.
Yes, I guess they've done it before. But I don't buy it as a coincidence.

VBR
I haven't been personally affected by hybrids, as I only race in tuning prohibited lobbies. However, I do hope they patch it soon so that they cannot be used, & I think you might be right about this latest seasonal being a foregleam of their intentions.

I heard that there are tuning prohibited capable hacked cars.
I don't know myself, but that's what people were saying in other threads, people who do have them.

Just out of curiousity, how prevalent are these cars in Open Lobbies?

From the threads lately it sounds like it's become an epidemic. Just can't imagine that many people hacking their PS3's.

In online video games, cheats snowball, because once someone gets done in by a cheat, at least half the time (maybe more), the hard done by wants the power too. :rolleyes: Eventually it becomes so that you need the cheat to play.
This has happened in so many online games I've known of for the past 10+ years.
sigh.gif

So basically, once it becomes well known, the amount of people using them exponentially increases as the days go by, or something like that.
And then the maker clamps down on it for awhile, until the next hack comes up. And it goes on & on in cycles with some games that have been around a long time.
 
Eventually it becomes so that you need the cheat to play.
This is exactly what I don't want to see happen to the GT5 lobbies. I was in a Red Bull Race tonight, and got passed by two GT-Rs and a Camaro. At the time, I was pulling 292 MPH in an X2010.
 
This is exactly what I don't want to see happen to the GT5 lobbies. I was in a Red Bull Race tonight, and got passed by two GT-Rs and a Camaro. At the time, I was pulling 292 MPH in an X2010.

That's the sort if cheating that needs to be stopped. I personally see no harm in the engine swapping side so long as its not ridiculous (most ridiculous I've done is a V8 out of the F10 into a samba bus, but that isn't overly ridiculous) and doesn't get abused online. Multi million horsepower cars are over the top. I'm glad they did this seasonal the way they did. Mixes it up and keeps it cheat free 👍
 
I hope its a step against hybrids, I try not to go near anyone with one. I certainly don't want one. Having the X2010 and Chaparral 2J did a good enough job killing the excitement for me, they have a cheap play-style. I tried to do everything fairly haha. The first time I encountered one was in an online lobby... 'Race for Real' type drag race, and it was one of the Civics. I guess that was the first one that sprouted up.
 
I heard that there are tuning prohibited capable hacked cars.
I don't know myself, but that's what people were saying in other threads, people who do have them.


I mainly do Shuffle & Recommended cars in Open Lobbies, & only drive with clubs & leagues on GT Planet in Tuning Prohibited races, so it still won't affect me yet. It needs to be fixed though, & soon.
 
Back