Latest Seasonal: PD's first salvo in the war on hybrids? *Poll Added*

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 51 comments
  • 4,200 views

Is the current "spec" TT a product of hybriding?


  • Total voters
    85
With new seasonals out again featuring no tuning and cars provided, it seems a pretty safe bet that this is PD's answer to hybriding. Either that or it's a highly unlikely coincidence.
 
With new seasonals out again featuring no tuning and cars provided, it seems a pretty safe bet that this is PD's answer to hybriding. Either that or it's a highly unlikely coincidence.

Yes, I can see TT's heading in this direction.
 
I suppose it could be a coincidence. An amazing coincidence! :boggled:
But it sure is looking more likely now that it's 2 time trials in a row.

And has there been time trials like this before??
 
And has there been time trials like this before??

Yeah, the C7 Camouflage TT at the Nordschleife during the Christmas/New Year Seasonal was the same. And I think someone said there was one before that.
 
*Looks at No. 42*

What da french toast is dat??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?! :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

The good old Veyron 16.4 is 28th :lol:

Not to mention the top spot is a GT-R - and with 1500HP it can be yours for $120,000. Seems a bit cheap . . .
 
Honestly, I think it's just a leveller, and not just aimed at the hybrids. I pretty much gave up on the TT's a long time ago, as it was always the "ringer" cars populating the top slots, and unless you were using them there was no way of putting in anywhere near a competitive time. I'd just grab my gold with whatever time the car I chose would produce and leave it alone.
At least this new approach makes it all about driving ability, rather than "what car can I squeeze into these regulations with"
 
Honestly, I think it's just a leveller, and not just aimed at the hybrids. I pretty much gave up on the TT's a long time ago, as it was always the "ringer" cars populating the top slots, and unless you were using them there was no way of putting in anywhere near a competitive time. I'd just grab my gold with whatever time the car I chose would produce and leave it alone.
At least this new approach makes it all about driving ability, rather than "what car can I squeeze into these regulations with"

This is true and certainly an aspect of the competition that's interesting.
But one should not forget that there's a Friends List Leaderboard... and some people like to look at their friends, see what they used, use a more "underdog" car, or choose the same odd car as a friend used, and compete with their friends, etc.
I say this because that's exactly what my spouse does with the time trials. He has several people on his friends list who they will go bettering each others' times over & over, over the course of several days. :lol: And then finally after simply doing that, no actual communication, sometimes one will send a PM to the other saying "you got me" or something like that. lol
So just pointing out that there's more to the Time Trials for some than just the worldwide leaderboard & competing with the best car that can squeeze into the restrictions.
As with everything else, people make their own competitions & games with this.
 
Honestly, I think it's just a leveller, and not just aimed at the hybrids. I pretty much gave up on the TT's a long time ago, as it was always the "ringer" cars populating the top slots, and unless you were using them there was no way of putting in anywhere near a competitive time. I'd just grab my gold with whatever time the car I chose would produce and leave it alone.
At least this new approach makes it all about driving ability, rather than "what car can I squeeze into these regulations with"

I disagree completely with your logic, but even if it were true, it would have to be the most amazing coincidence ever that the last 4 TT's were tuning prohibited, right when Hybrids exploded on the scene.
 
I wish they could fix the stupid 10mph waving in the drift seasonals... Maybe they could simply add a minimum speed requirement to make points.
 
I disagree completely with your logic, but even if it were true, it would have to be the most amazing coincidence ever that the last 4 TT's were tuning prohibited, right when Hybrids exploded on the scene.

Last two you mean surely.

I happen to agree and it's bad news for the hybrid haters imo. It looks like PD wants to keep the tt boards clean but I see no such other actions in open lobbies.
 
Last two you mean surely.

They come in 2s though I think people think of each one as individual. In other words, they show up as "2 new seasonals" at once in your seasonals buffet.
 
I know that, he was trying to make it seem like a longer time has passed imo.
 
I know that, he was trying to make it seem like a longer time has passed imo.
Then you probably should've just said that. :p
Because I had no clue what you were on about. I just thought you were confused!
If he said 2 seasonals - people may have corrected that. :rolleyes:
 
It was pretty obvious to most I would imagine, if not I'm sorry.

To much pedantics if you ask me, whatever, it's been one complete cycle and the next one has just started, is that clearer?
 
It was pretty obvious to most I would imagine, if not I'm sorry.

To much pedantics if you ask me, whatever, it's been one complete cycle and the next one has just started, is that clearer?

I think you mean semantics? :lol:

It's 2 seasonals every "seasonal time trial output". That clear enough?
Good heavens. Talk about too much pedantics. lol
 
It's not rocket science smart ass, think what you will :lol: :lol:
 
At first, I thought it was just a coincidence. But now that the new seasonals are out I can say it must be PD trying to stop the hybrids.
 
Waited to see how it patterned out before voting. Funny, but no way that they do not know as a lot of the lobbys are clearly stating {Hacked/Hybrid Rooms}...so it is right under their nose.

Really bad thing about all this is the non tunning option. Not great at it, but it does helps one learn on what to do and not to do when chasing your own ghost!

Less freedom.... SRF & Tuning :ouch:.
 
Come on guys, cut the crap and Live and Let Die!

I don't like the hybrids too, at least the ones who are really unrealistic, but I bet you all have at least one in your garage ... :indiff:

Want what about the poor young lad's .... after all we are all children because we love to play GT5.

Cheers and have a nice evening.
 
Come on guys, cut the crap and Live and Let Die!

I don't like the hybrids too, at least the ones who are really unrealistic, but I bet you all have at least one in your garage ... :indiff:

Want what about the poor young lad's .... after all we are all children because we love to play GT5.

Cheers and have a nice evening.

Non and never borrowed or plan too. Still have fun with what I have :D

Was just saying that PD is aware, but not liking the SRF and no tuning for TT. Hurts the game IMHO, but again...I have my ways to entertain myself still with what it has to offer as is ;)
 
I guess we've seen today that it was a first step.
 
Back