Latest update

• Thread starter 1gt6freak
  • 12 comments
I don't see how either of these new additions helps us become better GT6 players so I don't think anyone is using them. If someone out there is benefiting from the usage of either of these two new additions, would they kindly explain how its making them a better GT6 player? That would shed some light as to why these additions are in the game and how they should be used. Thank you to anyone in advance for sharing some information.

The data logger can help you see where you are slower against other drivers. Load you best time from a seasonal event, and the replay data from anyone in the top 10. These run simultaneously in the data logger, allowing you to see where you losing time. For example braking too much and not getting on the throttle soon enough.

I think that in itself can be a huge help in making you a better driver. Ive used it a few times for seasonals and im sure it will be invaluable during the GT Academy qualifiers.

The GPS visualiser though, pointless for me.

Last edited:
Is this just for a show of hands or is there something deeper you'd like to know?
Not just a show of hands, because if I would ask just a yes or no question people who plan on using it just once even would say yes. I find this way people who really will use it will elaborate more on why they are using it. Personally I find these features interesting but I think it was a waste of time for PD to include this in the game when most people are still waiting for more important things like that famous course maker. Sorry for those who where excited about this feature but that should of been the last thing to be added to GT6.

Last edited:
The Data Logger should have been in at launch, although I agree that the GPS Visualiser appears useless for GT6. I think it's just in to get it fully up and running and get companies to offer the compatible systems on more cars, which means it could be of use come GT7. So, it's like most things with PD: either useless, or currently useless. :lol:

+1 'Data Logger should have been in at launch'
but, we have what we have...
I'm still on the fence about the GPS, because it looks like they're going to need a lot of other companies to get on board - or - the receiver/recorder + interface(s) they have in the Toyota 86 will need to be in a 12 volt accessory plugged stand alone box so "everybody" can use it.

I love the data logger.

Great for scrutinising laps whilst testing and tuning.

Comparing many different variables at once, I'm losing alot of time to it.

Some good stuff here

I think it will be a very useful tool for those competing in GT Academy this year. However, the one time I used the data logger it froze my PS3.

- the receiver/recorder + interface(s) ... will need to be in a 12 volt accessory plugged stand alone box so "everybody" can use it.

pph'ing myself: Here's the thing I was considering could be quite cool indeed. "Tracks" where no tracks in fact exist. Any set of streets, highways, and or freeways a person could in real life drive, driven as a circuit for data recording purposes. After that, then it's a question of what graphical background and immediate landscape editing PD would care to step up with to see what can be made of the performance loops people generate...

Or -
Here's where it really gets potentially mind-boggling: Integration with a data set from Google Maps / Earth. Seriously, if you are infact driving a real world circuit there is every chance its got at least a USGS / Google copyright level road map and landscaping. (I know, American-pig centric view point here... sorry.)

So, you could go out for a bit of a Sunday drive and leisurely drive a favored route, come home and with some little time and effort share potential grand prix circuits with your driving club. All going like gazelle over the plains and turning like jack rabbits seeing who can turn the best laps.

pph'ing myself: Here's the thing I was considering could be quite cool indeed. "Tracks" where no tracks in fact exist. Any set of streets, highways, and or freeways a person could in real life drive, driven as a circuit for data recording purposes. After that, then it's a question of what graphical background and immediate landscape editing PD would care to step up with to see what can be made of the performance loops people generate...

Or -
Here's where it really gets potentially mind-boggling: Integration with a data set from Google Maps / Earth. Seriously, if you are infact driving a real world circuit there is every chance its got at least a USGS / Google copyright level road map and landscaping. (I know, American-pig centric view point here... sorry.)

So, you could go out for a bit of a Sunday drive and leisurely drive a favored route, come home and with some little time and effort share potential grand prix circuits with your driving club. All going like gazelle over the plains and turning like jack rabbits seeing who can turn the best laps.
Your thread is here my friend

VBR
I think it will be a very useful tool for those competing in GT Academy this year. However, the one time I used the data logger it froze my PS3.

I have one specific Replay file which works fine for replay but freezes the Logger every time.

Every other Replay file I have tried with the Logger has worked fine.

Back